Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sneak Peek of Layers of Color Art Stencil

Hello everyone!
Today I have another sneak peek for you! This is a simple jar candle I purchased for $3.00 from ACMoore, then I used the Layers Of Color Art Stencil, Delicious Dots which will be released on June 14th to decorate it! This was such a simple project but it really made the candle so much prettier for a gift! I used Stazon White Ink and sponged around the jar with it. Because the stencils are flexible it's very easy to do curved items, and as you know, that's NOT true of stamps! For the tag I used the Layers of Color Art Stamps set "Dotted Delights" and stamped the bird directly on my K&Co designer paper and cut out. Punched out the tag, popped up the bird and tied on to my swiss dotted sheer ribbon with a pink string. I added three little ZVA Creative flowers to the bow and done. Super quick, super easy, but I think it makes a pretty little gift!



I will be giving away some of the soon to be released stencils here on my blog during the blog hop on June 14th, and then on a surprise day after that, so be sure to check back often!

Also, there is a drawing going on now at the Layers of Color website for the ENTIRE release of LOC Art Stencils! You can click on the link in this post or the one in my upper right side bar to go sign up! The winner will be announced during the Release Party on June 14th!

In the meantime, all the designers have more sneak peeks for you, so check out the team and be inspired!


I am adding this to the following challenges:

Have a delightful day!

14 comments:

made by fifi said...

wow i like this - thanks for joining in this week alphabet challenge x

Crystal said...

WOW this is BEAUTIFUL!!! What a gorgeous candle., fabulous idea Grace!!!

Lesley said...

Lovely! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

pinky said...

Excellent use of that beautiful stencil, very impressed. Thanks for sharing at WhoopsiDaisy this month.
Pinky

Kristine said...

This is so pretty Grace--you really did a fabulous job on it =) And good for you getting it entered in all these challenges too! You rock =)

Vee said...

Very pretty, love the flowers and the colours. Thanks for playing with Charisma.
xx Vee

Lovely Linda said...

Grace - this is so elegant and gorgeous!! I love the way you have stenciled the jar - I need to get some of the StazOn in white!! Your tag is such a gorgeous touch too! Gorgeous Grace - isn't it so much fun and so inspiring! {{{hugs}}}

Traci M said...

So petty and feminine, what seems to be a small effort makes such a big impact, Grace!! I love your tag too...what a beautiful gift!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful idea - love hoe versatile these stencils are and how beautifully you use them!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how creative and fun Grace!! Love what you have done with the candle!! You sure are rocking these stencils GF!! Love the tag and colors too!
hugs,
Chris

Riet said...

Wowwww this is so beautiful Grace.

Hugs Riet.xx

Melisa Waldorf said...

Wonderful use of the stencils Grace! I love this!

Anonymous said...

Oh this is lovely, thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Grace what can I say but WOW this is one gorgeous project so beautifully designed thank you so much for sharing this with us at Whoopsie Daisy this month.
Hugs
Lorraine x