Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Butterflies Resist!

Hello everyone! I hope you are having a wonderful week! Today I have a card to share that I made using the technique spotlighted on Gina K's Stamp TV... it's basically emboss resist. I used Layers Of Color Art Stamp set Butterfly Collector, and stamped with VersaMark, and embossed with SU! Black EP. I stamped on a yellow marbled dp, then sponged on Distress Inks in Broken China and Worn Lipstick, and just a touch of Black Soot. I matted this panel on Bazzill and Basic Black. The ribbon is May Arts silk (yummy!) and I used a CB edge embossing folder. I added various sizes of black pearls to the flowers. This was a really quick card for me and I like the way it came out. Hope you enjoyed it too!

Have a most blessed week!!!

12 comments:

Crystal said...

Grace this is GORGEOUS!!!!!! I LOVE this technique and those stunning butterflies!

Lori said...

Beautiful Grace!!!

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Grace,What a wonderful card,i love the images.
So beautiful colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Traci M said...

Grace, that is beautiful!! It looks anything but easy, but if you say so! I love the detailed border at the bottom as well! Blessings to you!

Traci S. said...

Wow Grace, you did everything under the sun to this card. It was definately worth your hard work because it is so GORGEOUS! I love the way the colors blend so beautifully...and the black butterflies stand out wonderfully!

I hope all is with you! Your cards look fabulous!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Grace!! Love the embossed resist and all the butterflies!! Great layout and design my friend! Miss you!!
hugs,
Chris

Silke Ledlow said...

Grace your butterfly card is simply gorgeous!!! The emboss resist technique looks fab!!! Hugs ~S~

Irena said...

Very beautiful card, great butterflies.

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Grace - this is fabulous - I knew those Layers of Color butterflies would look fabulous done with this technique! I love the colours you have used! Gorgeous! I hope you are enjoying your holiday my friend! {{{hugs}}}

theneon said...

Grace, this is just stunning -- sometimes those "quick" cards can make the best impact. I think you are still in the SSCC "peace" mode -- as this is just peaceful.

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Wow, this is so beautiful, Grace! I love the glowing sunset bg! Very classy!

Pati said...

Very cool!! Neat technique and I like the embossed edge, very neat touch. I've wondered how to incorporate those cute CB edges in cards, it's nice to see them used.