Friday, July 23, 2010

Don't Worry Sneak Peek

Hello everyone! I know it's been a while since my last post! I have been away and had the last several posts prescheduled, but getting home again and working on DT requirements for NEXT week when I will have my family here has kept me busy with things I couldn't show you quite yet! I am thrilled today however to be able to share with you a sneak peek at a new Our Daily Bread designs set by Dina Kowl that will be released on Aug. 1. It's called "Don't Worry". I love this set and I believe you will too! Since one of my besetting sins is anxiety.... this set has verses that speak directly to me! I love this quote from Corrie Ten Boom.... it's so true!!!

I stamped my image which is 2 flowers, then masked and added a third with Memento on Neenah, then colored with Copics. My frame is made with the Spellbinder's Lotus Blossom die cut edgeability and cut to fit. My sketch is this week's Midnight Madness Sketch#63. For my butterfly I stamped it once on my main panel and then again, cutting out just the front wing and popping it up. After coloring with Copics I painted with Shimmerz Candlelight for a shimmer.

Card Details:
Stamps: Our Daily Bread desings "Don't Worry"
Paper: Bazzill base, Stamping Station (dotted light blue), Memory Box Frond (green), Francis Meyer (dark blue)
Accessories: SB Lotus Blossom die cut borderability, Sheer ribbon, EK Success edge punch, Blue bling and butterfly charm from Hobby Lobby

I am linking this to the following challenges:
Midnight Madness
Practical Scrappers- my ribbon and bling are over a year old
Stampavie - anything goes
Paper Play - blue, cream + one
Mami Doodles - anything goes
Additionally I am adding this to the following Dirty Girl challenges which I am late to start, but here goes:
DTGD10flowergal36 Winged Things butterfly
DTGD10notimetostamp Passionate for Patterns 3 patterned papers used
DTGD10cindy_haffner Dies and Punches SB die, EK Success punch
DTGD10gbedwright Strut Ur Stuff (dies, punch, ribbon, bling, charm)
DTGD10SweetMissDaisy Keepin' it Rural (Chickory grows wild in the country)
DTGD10kittie747 Lost and Found (Shimmerz was almost dried up, bling and charm are ancient!)
DTGD10melmel How Does Your Garden Grow flowers/weeds grow!

Thanks so much for looking and have a most blessed weekend! I hope to see you Sunday for another Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge with something a little different for you!

23 comments:

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Absolutely gorgeous as usual Grace! So glad you are back! Glad you had a good time!

Becky said...

This is gorgeous Grace, I just love the colors and love this sentiment, this will be on my list :).

Priscilla said...

What a beautiful card..Where do you start.. Your take on the sketch exceptional, excellent embossing, gorgeous flowers and butterfly. Love the charm and perfect bow..Wonderful saying and it just does not get much better than this. You have created a wonderful card for your entry this week. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge this week.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

That sentiment is so true! Your flowers are amazing - I love that you colred them blue! They are so pretty! Great take on the sketchs. I really like the butterflycharm!

Thanks for playing with Midnight Madness Challenge. Your work is always outstanding and I love to come see what you have made.

Mvh
Gunn
MMSCDT

scrappin_mom3 said...

Beautiful card! Thanks so much for using up some of that stash and joining us at Practical Scrappers this week!

hugs
Kerri

Lisa in Texas said...

Beautiful card, LOVE this sentiment, so perfect for so many of us! Thanks for joining us this week at Practical Scrappers!

Carol Hurlock said...

Grace this is exquisite. I love this sentiment too! It speaks to my heart. I love those beautiful blue flowers and your frame is unbelievably attractive. What a beauty of artistic composition. Great job with the sketch this week. Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}
Midnight Madness Design Team

P.S. I love your music. This is a song I could listen to over and over. It gives me chill bumbs!

Crystal said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS Grace...WOW I LOVE LOVE the colors, sentiment, everything just looks amazing!

Corinna said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love those flowers and the sentimen you used.

Corinna
Practical Scrappers DT

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Grace,this is so beautiful card,i love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beyond gorgeous Grace!! I so love your blue and your design!! Stunning beyond belief GF!! Your take on the sketch is awesome!!
Hope you are having a good visit with Christy and the grandkids!!
hugs,
Chris

Earline said...

How true this is what a lovely card. I have to look into the new stamps by this company, I love them especially in this time of season we are in. Thanks you for all you do in makeing a difference in someone life through the talent that God has given you. My God bless you and continue to use you.

Lori said...

Wow, Grace, this is so pretty! I love this quote, too, I think I'll like this set. Have fun with the 'kids'!

Pati said...

Beautiful card! I love the blues, flowers and quote. I look forward to seeing the rest of the ODBD new releases!! Wow, you've covered quite a few challenges! I'm amazed as to how you can keep track of all of these and make one card to fulfill so many!

Denise @ kc242 said...

Grace, I absolutely love this new set from ODBD. You have shown off this set beautifully with your stunning card! Wow! Thanks so much for the wonderful take on the sketch challenge this week from Midnight Madness!
Denise
MMDT

pam124 said...

Grace, this is truly an exquisite piece of art. From the beautiful colors, flowers and details to the most inspirational sentiment, this is a winner in all areas!

Thanks SO MUCH for sharing your incredible and inspirational talent with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge and hope you can come play with us again next week!

Hugs
pam
MMSC-GD

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Grace - it is great to see you back from holidays and creating up a storm! This is so pretty, the colours are perfect on that fabulous image! fabulous take on the sketch! Love it! It is great that you have played along with the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, we love to see your creations and hope to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Giò said...

Beautiful card!!! I love the punched edges!! Thanks for joining us at SAM challenge.

Hugs
Giò

Francie G. said...

Another gorgeous creation, Grace! Looking forward to getting this set!

Traci S. said...

Hi Grace~

What an amazing piece of art! The sentiment resonates deeply within me. I think you have framed is so beautifully. I love the colors in your beautiful flowers! That butterfly looks as if it just landed on that paper for a moment. I love your little geometric flowers in the corners.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us!

Remember~
He IS Able,
Traci S.

Irena said...

Adorable card.

Karen Howard said...

Wow, this is really beautiful! Love the layout and your coloring is fabulous!

Hugs, Karen

If you love challenges then my new blog is purr-fect for you!
www.felineplayful.blogspot.com

Sheila said...

Absolutely stunning card! I have only one wish..when you state MS punch or Nestability, could you let us know which one? They are so beautiful and being a beginner, I would love to make at least 1 card as beautiful as yours.

Thanks so much for sharing your talent.

Hugs, Sheila