Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy July 4th America! Stampin Sisters Challenge:Blue


Hello everyone and happy 4th of July to all my American friends!!!
It's Sunday and time for another Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge! Today, our hostess is my dear friend Chris, and she chose 2 Chronicles 7:14 for today's Scripture:

" If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face,
and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven,
and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

What an appropriate Scripture for our nation today! We in the USA have been incredibly blessed, and I believe that much of that was due to the fact that the nation was founded on Godly principles. However, as we look around today we see a greater and greater move away from that Godly foundation our forefathers fought for and many died for. More and more we are pushing God out of everything from our schools to our court houses, gov't buildings, even ball games! It seems today that there is "tolerance" abounding for every thing EXCEPT for things of God! It amazes me to be honest! I wonder though as I look at our nation today, how much longer will we enjoy the blessings of God upon our land? I remember after 9-11, everyone flocked to the churches to pray and call on God's name. No news casters were downplaying or ridiculing the use of God's name in prayer then! The American flag was raised over the site and people begged God for mercy as rescue workers feverishly dug through the rubble for bodies. I made the comment to some friends then... I wonder how long people will be crying out to God for help? How long until they have forgotten? Well.... it wasn't long. I believe we are starting to see some judgement for how we have turned our backs on God, and unless we repent and turn back to Him I fully expect that things in our own country will just get worse. Our only hope is to humble ourselves, pray, seek His face, turn from our wicked ways and THEN, He will heal our land.

Chris' challenge is to use Red or Blue somewhere on our card. It does NOT have to be a patriotic card!

For my card, I used the July release from Our Daily Bread designs, "Our Daily Bread". I colored a scene using my Copics and airbrush set (something I have not practiced with much yet) to create a little scene that focused on "purple mountain magesty" and a setting sun. I then overstamped the first verse to America The Beautiful from this set with Versafine Onyx Black. I matted with these gorgeous papers from Memory Box "Enchanted", and mounted on a Papertrey base. The ribbon is May Arts, and the pearls are ZVA Creative.

Our sponsor this week is Whimsy Haven (Lindsay Spencer)


We'd love to have you play along... if you do, please place a link to the Stampin Sisters in Christ Blog in your post, and place a direct link to your project on the SSCC thread.

Be sure to check out the rest of the Design Team for more inspiration for this week's challenge!

Here's links to the rest of the team to make it easier for you!

Chris
Cindy
Linda
Randi
Peggysue
Lisa
Miesje
Rebekkah

Thank you so much for looking and for your sweet comments! They mean so much, and for my American friends.... I wish you a very happy 4th of July! God bless America!

I am linking this to:
Crafty Cardmakers - use ink/stains/mists- my whole bg is airbrushed copics

20 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Grace - what a fabulous card and so pretty in blue! I love your sentiment and the gorgeous pearls! Your paper piercing and bow are the perfect touches too! this is beautiful! Thanks for sharing Grace - your words are such a truth and a realoty check! God bless you my friend! {{{hugs}}}

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so pretty GRace!! I just love the background you created for the sentiment. Your papers and layout are gorgeous!! Very well written post too my friend. Happy July 4th!!
hugs,
Chris

Karen W said...

This is my all time favorite July card, I LOVE it!!

Cindy Coutts Designs said...

Grace, this is a beautiful card and oh so elegant. I was also talking about 9-11 on my blog and we both said basically the same thing. God bless you and happy 4th!!

Becky said...

Stunning card Grace, the colors are gorgeous and the pearls are just stunning. True words this morning, we already know what people are going to do, that is why Rev. says for use to pray "Come Lord Jesus Come!" :)

Miesje said...

Awesome! I loved your take on the colors! The words you spoke are oh so true!

peggysue said...

Grace if your card is anything, it captured the purple mountains majesty look you were trying to create. It is soothing and gorgeous and soft and lovely. True words too, so many have turned away from the Lord. But how wonderful that we can pray for our nation still! God is merciful and even now we could repent and return. Happy 4th!

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Hello Grace:
AS expected a very perfect card for today. ( Happy Birthday America) this is just so very beautiful, I wish I saw more like yours. you have a wonderful Gift.
~God Bless ~
Hugs:o)
Dottie

Jenny said...

Hi, Grace! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for leaving the wonderful comments! Yes I did personalize the size of my columns but I did it so long ago I'm not sure I remember how, lol! I remember playing with it a few times to get it right. Your blog looks good too! :) Happy 4th of July & I love your card!
Jenny

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Grace,So beautiful card,i love the tekst.
So gorgeous papers and the colours.
So gorgeous details.

Hugs Riet.xx

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful card - in fact, stunning!! I also agree with your thoughts, and they apply equally well to New Zealand too - unfortunately.

blessings]
M

Earline said...

What a lovely card you have made Grace thanks so much for shareing the gift God has given U with us Happy Fourth of July to you and your family

Susie said...

Amen, Thanks for the wonderful blog you presented today, truer words were never spoken.
God Bless America !!!!

Rosietoes said...

Beautiful card Grace. I thought at first you had brayered the scene but then I read the method - either way it just encapsulates the majesty and beauty of God's creation.
Wise words too. Thank you for sharing as always.

Edna x

Kristine said...

Morning Grace! Hope you had a wonderful 4th ... do you still have your grandkids today? My hubby and I both got today off, YAY! ANyway, love your beautiful card. Such soft colors -- love that scene in the bg and your pearls of course are gorgeous!! Lovely job!! =)

Diane Noble said...

Could not be more beautiful. What a striking creation, and I love those swirled pearls. Know you are soooo busy, but you always seem to make gorgeous creations. Thanks for stopping in to say hello. Miss all you girls....

Lin said...

Your background is gorgeous, I really felt as if I could sink into it.

The whole look is stunning.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this fortnight.

Lin x

Pati said...

WOW what a beauty!! I love the blues and purples and the background you made - purple mountains. Very pretty, soft colors, just wonderful to rest the eyes on.

Lenoria said...

This is such a beautiful card and I love the sentiment. Thank you for stating your belief about our nation turning to God and getting on our knees and worshiping him and not being ashamed of him if we are going to get out of the mess we are in. I truly believe that we need Him every day in all aspects of our lives. Thank you for stating how I feel in my heart!!

Traci M said...

Just had to stop in and let you know how beautiful this card is that I spied on the Stamping Sisters in Christ blog, Grace!!
I love the song, and living in Colorado, am often reminded of it as we drive along the plains with the mountains in the background...and your copic airbrushed background does remind me of this scene...great job with the challenge!! And thank you for the encouraging words also! God Bless you!