Sunday, August 1, 2010

CAS Swans

Hello everyone! It's Sunday and time for another Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge! I have either been away or had family here for almost the whole month of July and I've really had little time to create! So I really thank you my "faithful" friends who have faithfully stayed with me through this time of very little blog activity! Today's post is going to be short because I still have company and am just trying to post real quickly here... and I have another one to post in 2 hours.... so forgive me if the details are few today!

Today's hostess on Stampin Sisters in Christ is the talented and sweet Rebekkah! She has chosen Is. 40:31
But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength,
they shall mount up on wings like eagles,
they shall run and not be weary
they shall walk and not faint.

What a wonderful verse to cling to! I am so encouraged to think of being renewed in strength! We have the pleasure of occasionally seeing eagles soaring over our home here and it's always such a thrill to see! I can't see them without thinking of this verse!!!

Rebekkah's challenge this week is to create a card or project with birds on it.

This week's sponsor is Digi Doodle Shop and the prize is a $10.00 gift certificate to the shop. I used one of the wonderful images there for today's card. To be honest, I didn't think I was going to be able to create a card this week but this card start to finish was about 20 minutes! The new Cuttlebug Embossing Plus made the perfect background for this lovely swan image. I decided not to color it at all, but rather to just use the black and white theme for a super CAS design. My May Arts silk ribbon is my only embellishment and I think the image would be perfect for so many occasions, even a wedding or anniversary! I punched out a white liner for the inside where I will put my sentiment when I know what I need.


We'd love to have you play along... if you do, please place a link to the Stampin Sisters in Christ Blog in your post, and place a direct link to your project on the SSIC thread.

Be sure to check out the rest of the Design Team for more inspiration for this week's challenge!
We're so excited that Miesje, Cindy and Rebekkah will be staying on as Design Team Members!

Have a blessed week and I hope to see you back here at 8am today for the Aug 1 Release Blog Hop!


15 comments:

Valarie (vampme3) said...

Grace, this is stunning!! Great job!

Becky said...

Grace this black and white is so elegant, love the that gorgeous bow.

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Grace - simply elegant - there are times when less is more and this is definitely one of them! I love the embossing and the B&W with this image! Gorgeous! Enjoy your family Grace! {{{hugs}}}

Irena said...

Adorable card.

Miesje said...

Grace, this is beautiful! I absolutely love it! Enjoy your family this week!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Grace!! The black and white is so striking and elegant.
hugs,
Chris

Wendy M said...

Beautiful card design xx

Cindy Coutts Designs said...

Grace, what a simply beautiful design! Clean and elegant. I hope you had a great time with the grand kids!

Crystal said...

Grace wow you sure do know how to make a CAS creation absolutely GORGEOUS!! I LOVE the embossing and the black and white is soooo elegant and beautiful!!! Gorgeous creations sweetie!

Lori said...

Gorgeous CAS!!!

kiwimeskreations said...

This is just gorgeous, Grace - I love CAS, I have decided, and this is a stunner!
Blessings
M

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Your swan card turned out beautifully Grace! Simple elegance at it's best!!!

Hugs,
Lisa

Judy said...

Hi Grace,

What an absolutely stunning card!! Sometimes, when we're under pressure, God just takes over..dontcha think? It's beautiful hun, and makes me even more proud to be sponsoring SSCS.

Hugs
Judy/DDS

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Mmm, such elegance!

Riet said...

So wonderful card Grace.

Hugs Riet.xx