Sunday, August 15, 2010

A little birdie told me....

This is a flip card and this is the front:


Hello everyone! It's Sunday and time for another Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge! Today's hostess is Randi Barrett. If you don't know Randi, I highly recommend you start visiting her blog and getting to know her, because she will bless your heart! Randi has been through many serious health issues, and is presently awaiting results of tests again. For all of us who have been there... we know that waiting to find out what's going on and what the treatment will be is in many ways the hardest part! It's hard not to be just a wee bit anxious... but Randi has this incredible sense of humor that I believe is a gift from God! She is so grounded in God's Word that she does not worry about tomorrow, for her future is sure! But for today... she will lighten any room she is in with her strong Christian testimony and her ability to make us laugh every time!

So given her sense of humor, it is no surprise that Randi chose for today's Scripture:
Proverbs 17:22
"A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones."

The challenge for today is to make a clean humorous card.
When you flip the middle panel, this is the inside message:

If you can't read it, it says "So I ate him. Your secret's safe with me. Happy Birthday!"

I don't have a whole lot of humorous stamps, but I do have a couple of these Repeat Impressions stamp sets which include a two part sentiment designed to go inside and out, or in this case I made a swing card. Trouble is it's a BEAR to photograph!!! I could not get the two parts in one photo you could still read and because it's more or less a Z fold, just the way it stands makes it hard to picture the front. So please forgive the bad photography... but I thought the sentiment was funny. (No I don't think it's funny that cats eat birds...I love birds and that's one of the reasons my cat is an inside only cat! LOL... ) I used a combination of Copics and Prisma Pencils to color my images and I sponged around the outside with Pebbles Pearlescent Chalks. The DP is K&Co by Marcella. I used a couple of tiny punches for the little flowers, and an MS branch edge punch for the green edge.

Our sponsor this week is DeeDee's Digis. Thank you DeeDee!
DeeDee has some of the cutest digi images! Be sure to check out her site and good luck in the drawing!


We'd love to have you play along... if you do, please place a link to the Stampin Sisters in Christ Blog in your post, and place a direct link to your project on the SSIC thread.

Be sure to check out the rest of the Design Team for more inspiration for this week's challenge!
Chris
Cindy
Linda
Randi
Peggysue
Miesje
Rebekkah
Lisa

Challenges:
Penny's Paper Crafty - Anything Goes
Creative Card Crew - Cute and Girly
Crafty Creations - Winged Things
Lili of the Valley - Spring Summer or Winter (Spring birdie)
Fab & Funky - Favorite Color Combo - pink and green

18 comments:

Basslady said...

hahaha...very funny card...love it!

lovely colours...just delicious (like the bird in the cat's oppinion...)


blessings from germany
xoxo silvi

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

What a cute stamp set, wasn't expecting to see the cat & verse inside! Very pretty card!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how fun Grace!! It put a smile on my face to see the reverse image!! Love the swing design and your colors!! Beautiful take on the challenge! Your photo turned out great! Your words on the verse and how they relate to Randi is exactly how I feel!
Have a great Sunday!

Becky said...

This is so cut Grace-I just love this card and the sentiment is so funny.

Miesje said...

This is so funny! I just love it! I love the card design too - you are so fabulously creative!

Courtney said...

I love this card Grace! The sentiments are so funny! Thanks for joining us at Penny's. Good Luck!

~Courtney~
PPCC DT

Jackie said...

This is gorgeous, thank you for sharing with us over at Pennys this week . x

Lori said...

Giggle...When I first saw your card on SSCC, I thought 'This isn't really funny, Grace'. Then I kept scrolling and started cracking up! Surprise!

Margaret said...

Sooo funny!! I laughed out loud when I read the second part. I don't know what I was expecting to see but it definitely wasn't that lol :o)

seamom said...

Adorable! very funny!!

Traci M said...

Oh, this is so darling, love the front and the inside made me laugh out loud, kind of an unexpected "ending." You surely aced this challenge, a wonderful example of a card with clean humor!!

Anonymous said...

My heart is lifted by this silly card! Great punch line and perfect design to show case it. Thank you for your kind words. God is great and cares so much for us. We are blessed people.

Lenoria said...

I love this card! I could not help laughing at the "inside" comment. I may have to find this stamp and try it. Thank you for the laugh today.

Lindsey said...

What a lovely card. I love th frame. Thanks for joining us at Fab and Funkty this week xx

Emma H said...

Great card, I love the sentiment. Thanks for playing along with Fab N Funky

Janaria said...

I just love this card! It looks so sweet and serene and then pow! Up comes the cat! Ha, ha! Great work!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Grace - this is such a fun card - it appeals to me greatly! Love it! Fabulous colours and DP too Grace - I am sure you bring smiles ot everyones faces! Thanks you for sharing your heart as well Grace - it is a blessing to us all! {{{hugs}}}

theneon said...

Grace, this is just delightful --so clever, and your image choices perfect. I am going to want to try one of these flip cards soon -- just as soon as I get my laundry done. LOL