Thursday, August 5, 2010

Sunflower Blessings

Good Monday Morning everyone! What a month July was for us.... BUSY! But so fun! But now it's Aug. and time to get back into my routine! LOL!

It felt so good to get into my craft room last night and make another card using the newly released Our Daily Bread designs sets Happy Fall and Harvest Blessings. I just love sunflowers and had to make another card while the release blog hop is still going on!

If you are here for the ODBD Blog hop, please see the post below, and if you are here for the Stampin Sisters in Christ, please see 2 posts below.

This card uses the Our Daily Bread designs sunflower images from Happy Fall and part of the sentiment from Harvest Blessings. It is colored with Copics and the papers are: Chatter Box (checked), The Paper Patch (Sunflowers) and Bazzill base. I used this week's Midnight Madneses Sketch for my layout. I used these amazing die cuts by Nellies from Terryfic Times. All the layers of the die are connected so you cut several at a time, but to make new frames for my focal point I also used SB circles to cut the inner edges and layered up my dies. All the die cuts were done on GPW and then sponged with Distress Inks. I repurposed some raffia and added a sunflower charm and some sewing. The trim is made from natural rope and is by Fancy Fashion from Hobby Lobby.

Thanks so much for looking and please check out this month's release and blog hop! You have until 8PM tonight to complete the hop for three chances to win! Also, ODBD now has great dies that precisely cut out the images in Harvest Blessings and Happy Fall, and some new frames for those old favorites, Scripture Collections 1 & 2. You will love them!

I am entering this in the following challenges:
Our Daily Bread Designs Shining the Light (charm, ribbon +one)
Midnight Madness (Sketch)
Cute Card Thursday (Text)
Delightful Sketches (1. Great Outdoors, 2. Dps, 3. embellies - raffia, charm, rope trim)
Paperplay - (Anything goes)
Sew Many Challenges Anything Goes


17 comments:

Lori said...

Very pretty sunflowers, Grace. Your take on the sketch is fabulous.

Crystal said...

OOOOO Grace what beautiful sunflowers...I love how you arranged them and what super SWEET charm!!!! Gorgeous work sweetie, Happy Monday!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Grace!! I just love the homespun look with your trim, raffia an trim!! Stunning as always my friend!
hugs,
Chris

Karen said...

This is really lovely, thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.
xx

bsgstamps4fun: Barb Gault said...

love your sunflower cards, this and the one yesterday...sure does let us know that August is here!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Delightful combination of patterns and colors!...so happy!

Cec said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Your sunflowers are coloured so nicely and I love the country style embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.
Hugs!
Cec

pam124 said...

Grace, another treat for us this week on the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. My gosh, can it get more beautiful than this? Your sunflowers, dp, lace, charm, b/g and stitching leave nothing else to be desired. Gosh, you do fantastic work!!

Thanks SO MUCH for joining the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge, and I hope you can come and play along with us again next week!

Hugs
pam
MMSC-GD

Sandee Shanabrough said...

This is so gorgeous Grace!!!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Woo hoo!! I get to visit you again!! This is such a perfect take on the ODBD Shining the light challenge my friend!! I love your take on the sketch too!! Thanks for blessing us with your support and your gorgeous creations my friend!! It really means a lot!
hugs,
Chris

Chrissy D said...

What a beautiful card - love the panel of dp going across - have a great week!

Becky said...

Grace this is beautiful, love the design and those are some pretty sun flowers.

Deb said...

beautiful card, many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs Debx

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Grace, love the lace you've used and your stitching is perfect as always.
Thanks for joining us at Paper Play
hugs Mandy xx

MariLynn said...

Grace, this is gorgeous. I love your sunflowers.

lin_ka1 said...

These cool sunflowers. Looking at them I see the approaching end of summer and the upcoming Golden Polish Autumn.

Riet said...

So beautiful Grace,I love the flowers and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx