Sunday, September 12, 2010

Life, Joy and abundance!

Hello everyone! Happy Sunday! I hope you are enjoying a wonderful weekend! With Sunday comes another Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge, and this week, Peggysue is our Challenge Hostess. She has chosen John 10:10 for today's Scripture:

"I have come that they may have life and that they may have it more abundantly."

You know, God is so good! Many of us think of the joy of our salvation mainly in terms of an eternity spent with God because of the work Christ did on the cross... but I think we sometimes forget about the change He makes in our lives here and now when we come to know Him! His very nature is pure love, and He wants only the best for us. Before we were even born He knew us and loved us! Now that doesn't mean that He never allows bad things to happen to us... sometimes we need the bad stuff... perhaps for our own growth, perhaps as a witness to others of how having Christ in our lives carries us through difficulties. He knows what we need the most, and that is to be in a right relationship with Him! When we are, then our lives are filled with joy and true fulfillment! That is what life more abundant is all about! The first part of this verse says that the thief comes to steal and kill and destroy, and that is what Satan wants to do! He will lie to us, accuse us, keep us feeling all sorts of negative feelings and thinking all sorts of destructive thoughts if we let him! But Christ came that we may have life and enjoy it to the fullest! Let's determine today to not let the devil rob us of our joy and to enjoy our Savior and our new life in Him to the fullest! That's His desire for us!

Peggysue's challenge this week is
Use a series of hand drawn in dashes or lines, like faux stitching, or real stitching on your project

I have used a cute Whiff of Joy stamp I won from the sweet Crystal in some blog candy she was giving away. I had so much fun coloring this! I paper pieced Willow's dress and shoes and colored her with Copics. I don't get to do cutsie images all that often and it was fun to get a little practice in on skin and hair with Copics! I also used this week's Midnight Madness Sketch 70. I pierced around my panels and drew faux stitching lines with a SU! Marker.

Card Details:
Papers: Papertrey, Neenah, BasicGrey Porcelain, scrap for dress
Ink: Memento, SU! Marker for my faux stitching
Accessories: Spellbinder's Classic Rectangles and Classic Scalloped Rectangles, Prima Flowers, MS bough punch, May Arts Silk Ribbon, ZVA Creative Pearls, SU! Piercing Mat Pack

Our sponsor this week is Simon Says Stamp, where you can get this sweet image I used as well as MANY others! Good luck in the drawing!


We'd love to have you play along! If you do, please leave a direct link to your card on the SSIC Blog and please link the challenge in your post!
Be sure to check out the rest of the Design Team for more inspiration for this week's challenge!
Chris
Cindy
Linda
Randi
Peggysue
Miesje
Rebekkah
Lisa
Patti



Challenges I'm entering this into:

MMSC70 Sketch
Bee Crafty - Anything Goes
Creative Inspirations - Lace and Sparkle (my dp top panel is lace, lots of sparkle)
Gingerloft- Anything Goes
Charisma - Something new or never tried before (this is the first time I used this stamp)
Pocket Full of Posies~ Floral Fantasy
Lexie's Creations- flower power
CES (Crafty Emmas) - Floral Frenzy
Digital Tuesday Challenge blog -use dots & stripes! (Lots of dots, stripes on bg panel)
365 Cards - tools and techniques (Copics for coloring, pearls for dimension)
Fab n Funky- What'Eva
Stamp Something - Something Cute
Your Next Stamp - Anything Goes


22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Grace this is so pretty! I love the feminine and elegance of it. Just beautiful

Connie M. said...

Grace!! This is just sooo pretty! I love the mix of Basic Grey papers...on of my favorite of theirs! Such a fun and girly card!! Thanks so much for playing this week in the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge! Hugs!

Connie M.
MMDT-GD

Miesje said...

Very, very pretty Grace! I love that adorable image! As always, reading your reflection was wonderful!

Crystal said...

Oh my word Grace....WOOOWEEE this is soooooo beautiful, You made willow stunning...EEEK I LOVE your paper piecing and these pretty colors..Your stitching and all your details are just soooo beautiful!!! I am soooo happy you won this image I just KNEW you would do WONDERS with her.!! LOVE THIS GRACE can you tell?? LOL!!!! Enjoy your Sunday, Hugs!!!

Patti J said...

Awww...Grace! This is just so darling! I love this image, it's just too much fun! Your words this morning are so insightful and true. Thank you for your wisdom! Have a beautiful day!

Becky said...

Grace this is so sweet, I love how you paper pieced her dress and shoes. Beautiful insight on the scripture this morning. Have a blessed day. :)

Tami said...

Thanks so much for joining GIngerloft. I love your card!!

Denise @ kc242 said...

What an adorable card. Love the colors that you chose. That image is sooooo cute. What a wonderful take on the sketch challenge. That bow is divine! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Midnight Madness!
Denise
MMDT
I also have blog candy if you are interested!

Irena said...

Adorable card, I love it :)

Riet said...

So beautiful card Grace,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Grace!! I so love your image and the paper piecing as well as your choice of papers!! This is beyond gorgeous. I love it girlfriend!
hugs,
Chris

TTYS!

Lovely Linda said...

Awww Grace - it is so unusual to see you use an image like this one - but lets see more of it, I say! This is totally adorable and divine combined! I love this image and the gorgeous colour combo you have used. The flowers are perfect! Thank you for sharing your art and heart once again Grace - Love it! it is great to have you play along for this weeks Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge and would love to see you again! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC and SSIC Design Teams

kiwimeskreations said...

grace this is just beautiful - so soft and feminine and the finishing detail is just immaculate.
Thank you f or sharing your thoughts on the scripture too.
Blessings

Lori said...

I love everything about your card! The coloring, the image, the bow, the sketch, WOW!!!!

Diane Noble said...

What a lovely card and post, Grace. Trying to visit blog friends and browse a bit. Need to spend lots of time here. You are as prolific as ever...with gorgeous creations one and all. Love the music!

Valerie said...

Oh my goodness! This is such a sweet card! I LOVE the bow it is simply perfect.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, that was extremely valuable and interesting...I will be back again to read more on this topic.

Holly Moore said...

Grace oh wow this is such a gorgeous card!! Wow! I said that twice now didn't I? The paper choices and her little polka-dot dress so amazingly coordinated. (And a favorite combination of mine.) Thank you for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week. Your card is fantastic!

Yours,
Holly R. Moore
MMDT - GD

Melisa Waldorf said...

Sweet image!!

Emma H said...

Very pretty, I love the big bow! Thanks for playing along with Fab N Funky

Tracey Feeger said...

Wow gorgeous card. Wonderful job. Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something.
mwah
Trace

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

So sweet and joy filled! Very lovely!