Thursday, October 14, 2010

Even when we can't find the words...


It is time for ODBD Stamping In Time Challenge(SNTODBD20)! The assignment is Our Daily Bread Design stamps. The challenge is to use embossing powders. Embossing powders have become more sophisticated over the years. We have regular embossing powders, super fine powders, and tinsels powders to name a few styles not to mention all the fabulous color choices. Pick your color and your style. Be sure to tell us which embossing powder style you chose! We would love to see what you create using ODBD stamps!

I used this month's newest Our Daily Bread designs release in the Full of Grace Series, Pray. This sentiment is just wonderful and I can think of so many times it could be used! Have you ever been to that place where you just couldn't pray, or maybe didn't know how to pray? Perhaps you've battled with confusion or inability to focus, wandering thoughts or just plain didn't know what to pray for. The Bible tells us in Romans 8:26 "In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words". Isn't that a comforting thought!

I heat embossed it with SU! Black embossing powder. I also heat embossed the dry embossed design of my frame, and for that I used Stampendous Detail White embossing powder. It makes a great statement on the basic black card stock. The praying hands image is Our Daily Bread designs "Lift up our Hands" set, stamped with Versafine and cut out.

I also made this for this week's Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge 75, and for Pile It On Challenge to use 4 or more embossing folders. That was a challenge but I did it!

Card Details:
Stamps: ODBD Full of Grace Series Pray, and Lift Up Our Hands
Card Stock: Basic Black, Gina K Pure Luxury 80 lb white, Making Memories Black Tie DP
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, SU! Craft White, VersaMark
Accessories: Spellbinder's Frames, cut and then dry embossed, then heat embossed
Cuttlebug folders Scrollwork, Ornamental Iron, Cassies Brocade
Pearls - Queen B, Ribbon - Michael's


We would love to have you play along with us, and for some GREAT inspiration please visit my DT Sisters here:
Marcelle's card is spotlighted on the ODBD Blog

We'd love to have you play along! To be eligible to win:

  • You must use ODBD Stamps! Other stamps allowed, but ODBD images need to be the focus!
  • Use keyword codes SNTODBD20 and ODBD when linking to SCS or public gallery.
  • Be sure to use the LINK to be eligible for the gift certificate drawing!
  • If you use either your blog link or online gallery, please give a link back to this challenge page.

I am also entering this in the following challenges:
Ooh La La: Nothing Floral
Craftalicious Challenges: challenge 10 - anything goes
For Fun - Something I've never used before (this is a brand new stamp)
Papertake - 3 of a kind (strips, sets of 3 pearls)
Stamping Vacation - No No No Sparkle
Ellaphantastic - Anything Goes
Pollycraft - Anything Goes
Creative Cottage - Bling

31 comments:

Chrissy D said...

This is sooo elegant and stunning in black and white! Love your design. Have a blessed day my friend!

Patti J said...

Oh my goodness, Grace, your card literally took my breath away. What a beautiful creation. I love the words as well. Beautifully done, my friend! Hugs and blessings...

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning!! I so love your black and white with all the texture!! Such an elegant design!! Your added hands and details is perfect!! Love your take on the Midnight Madness Sketch!! You are so talented and inspirational my friend!!

hugs,
Chris

Sharanda said...

Oh my, this is GORGEOUS!!

Wendi said...

Wow your card is absolutely beautiful love the colour combo and layout
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la
Wendi

Betty Wright said...

Grace, the black white combo is so very striking and with all your wonderful textures, detailing, and embossing it just makes it even more so. Beautifully done! Wonderful scripture card!

Doreen said...

A very beautiful card.Thanks for sharing this with us at Ooh La La.xxx

Karen W said...

Wow, this is so stunning!!!

Becky said...

This is gorgeous Grace, I love this in black and white.

Rosietoes said...

Beautiful striking card Grace. Love black and white combo.

Edna x

Traci S. said...

This is wonderful, Grace! I love the dramatic black and white! The embossing on the black is stunning!

I love this thought. The praying hands are perfect for this card. I really love your beautiful ribbon that you used for that bow! This is just a card that you want to keep touching!

Remember~
He IS Able,
Traci S.

Vanja said...

Very elegant card! I love the sentiment.
Thank you for joining us at Ellephantastic challenges this week! :)

Hugs, Vanja

Davi said...

Grace your card is fabulous! The B&W makes such a strong statement and so elegant. Beautiful with the layers and texture. The sentiment is such a such strong statement of truth for us to remember.

Crystal said...

Oh my word Grace this is breathtaking!!! I LOVE the white and black soooo elegant!! GORGEOUS!

Dawn B. said...

I LOVE black and white cards. I think that they are such elegant colors together.. This sentiment is beautiful... Great card Grace.. Hope your week has been good with the kids..

Angella D. Crockett said...

Absolutely stunning, Grace!!!!!! What a masterpiece! You are a true artist!!!! Blessings, Angie

Silke Ledlow said...

DROP DEAD GORGEOUS Grace!!! I l.o.v.e black/white cards and this one is perfect in everyway!!! Hugs ~S~

Mickie said...

A beautiful card Grace and you can't imagine how much I needed to read this sentiment tonight! God Bless!

Gina Lindsay said...

This is so nice. I struggle with sympathy type cards, but this one is just perfect. I love that sentiment.

Gunn (MsPlum) said...

Hi Grace!
Your cards are always so beautiful! This is very pretty. Love the black and white theme and the folded hands goes so with the scripture!

Thanks for joining Midnight Madness Challenge. Your support is highly valued, and we hope to see you playing with us again real soon ;o)

Hugs
Gunn
MMSCDT

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Grace.

Hugs Riet.x

Helen Laurence said...

stunning & elegant.Black & white are som simple yet so beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Ellephantastic hugs x

Anonymous said...

Oh my Gosh, this black and white elegance is so beautiful. The embossing folders you chose the dies everyting is just perfect.

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Grace - this is another DIVINE card from you - I love this image and the black and white - it is perfect - you keep on amazing me my friend! What a great take on the sketch - I am loving this!! We are glad you could join us for this weeks Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge and would love to see you again next week! {{{hugs}}}
Linda MMSC Design Team

Helen Dooley said...

Grace this is a beautiful card! I love the words but you did a great job on this. I truly love it. Thanks so much for sharing with us on For Fun.

Darsie Bruno said...

this is the perfect classic card! I love the sophisticated look of your creation, and the sentiment says it all! Love the embossing as well! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at the Midnight Madness Challenge.
Hugs,
Darsie, MMSCDT

pam124 said...

You never do anything short of SPECTACULAR Grace and this is another proof of what I said. This is so, so lovely. The b/g, embossing, prayer hands and sentiment. What a dynamite take on the MMSC this week!

Kristine said...

another beauty!! =)

Valerie said...

Such a beautiful card!

Connie M. said...

Another Stunning Creation, Grace! I so love the clean look to this card! Love all the white with the bit of color! Thanks so much for playing this week in the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge! Hugs!!

Connie
MMDT

Sandy Ang said...

What incredible textures you've achieved on your card !
Hope to see you at my challenge - http://angsandy.blogspot.com/2010/11/sandys-challenge-1.html