Friday, October 15, 2010

Moxie Fab Languish in Luxury Tues. Trigger

Hello everyone! Today I'm just playing around with the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger Challenge. I don't always take inspiration challenges to such a literal interpretation but this time I just had to try.
"Languish in Luxury Trigger"
So I used this digi chair image of Nina Brackett's from Squigglfly. The sentiment also is in this set as well as pillows and several different patterns for the chair! How cool is that! I also used a digi image for the orchid that I got from A Passion for Stamps. Then I went about trying to capture the feel of this "Languish in Luxury" trigger photo. I of course was in love with the colors! Capturing the feel of the wallpaper was easy with this Tim Holtz Vintage Shabby designer paper. I printed the chair out on BasicGrey Periphery to give it some pattern and interest, since I didn't have anything with the sheen of the inspiration chair. The floor was done with Bazzill Bling, which IRL has a sheen to it. I scored it across once for the base board and then "tiled" the rest for the floor, though I'm not sure the photo shows that. The table is made by hand drawing and cutting the cube from Papertrey Dark Chocolate CS and then rubbing SU! Craft white ink pad over it for the streaks and reflections, then I shadowed with a Stazon Saddle Brown Ink pad. I scored the angles of the table with my Score Buddy and then heat embossed with UTEE to get the shine. The orchid was printed twice so I could pop up some of the flowers. I colored with Copics and cut off the bottom of the vase to make the little candy dish, then heat embossed them with UTEE as well. I printed the pillow off twice to get the color of the chair but to get the flowers and cording on white paper, then colored with Copics, cut out and added to the blue pillow. I loved this sentiment from Nina's set so I framed it and hung it on the wall. This was purely for fun and it was fun challenging myself to find ways to use what I had to achieve the look of the photo. So what do you think... did I capture the essence of the trigger?

I am entering this into the following challenges:
Pollycraft - Anything Goes
For Fun - Something I've never used before (either digi, the dp, made my own cube)
Little Red Wagon - Something Old and Something New (almost all new but Bazzill Bling is old)
Create for Fun - Use a Digi
Elephantastic - Anything Goes
Fab & Funky - Use a Digi
Crafty Ann's- Use a Digi and your favorite Coloring Medium (copics)
Craftaliscious - Anything Goes


Hope you have a wonderful weekend! See you on Sunday with another Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge!

14 comments:

KraftyKoolKat said...

Lovely hun. Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Ann's this time and hope to see you again.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Grace.

Hugs Riet.x

Vanja said...

Gorgeous card! I love the sentiment.
Thank you for joining us at Ellephantastic challenges this week! :)

Hugs, Vanja

Gale said...

What a great take on this inspiration picture. It is definitly Moxie Fab! Love the sentiment - its perfect for this card.

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace this is lovely and I love your description of how you adapted things to make them 'work'.
Blessings
Maxine

Rosanne said...

Lovely! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon!

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh my gosh, Grace! This is fabulous!! I love that you took it literally!! Love the dimension!

Ann Whitfield said...

You well and truly captured the essence Grace! Lovely card and I loved reading about how you did it too. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Ruth said...

Hi Grace, I just came over to look at what you made with my orchid image...wow! This is wonderful!!
Would you mind if I add the pic to the new gallery I'm making on my blog
http://apassionforstamps.blogspot.com
Ruth x

Traci S. said...

Grace,

It sounds like you had a fun time making a copy of the original photo! I would say you surely captured the essence of the trigger photo!

It was wonderful to hear how you think when you are creating. Thank you for explaining your process for making this unique card. It is wonderful!

Be blessed!
He IS Able,
Traci S.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is a gorgeous take on the inspiration Grace!! Darling and beautiful!! How fun! Love your colors and design! You are so talented my friend!
hugs,
Chris

Claire said...

Wow, stunning card - love all the detail and texture too
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's and good luck
Claire xx

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Delightful, Grace! Warm, wonderful and fun!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Grace! What a pretty approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the luxurious fun! :)