Sunday, October 10, 2010

Thank You!



Happy Sunday everyone! It's time for another Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge! This week our challenge hostess is sweet Patti! She has chosen 1 Timothy 4:4 for today's Scripture.

"For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving."

Patti's challenge is to create a Thank You card.

I decided to step outside of my comfort zone this week and create a clean and simple design. I'm not comfortable with my CAS cards but this one has a certain country charm I am liking. I used Layers Of Color Garden Borders Clear Art Stamp Set which I stamped in my Kaleidacolor Autumn Leaves Spectrum pad onto white card stock, and then sponged with THoltz Scattered Straw Distress Ink. I mounted that onto an EK Success Punched edge. The sentiment is Our Daily Bread designs Give Thanks. I stamped that on a scrap of So Saffron and cut with my Mega Oval Spellbinders, matted with a scalloped mega oval cut from Papertrey Dark Chocolate. The designer paper is K&Co, and the base is SU! Kraft. I added a few strands of raffia and sewed a button onto the bow. Quick, easy but gets the job done! LOL!

This week I have my Grandkids staying with me and we are having lots of fun, but my time is limited so my card making time is limited, and my post writing time is limited! I bet you can tell because I'm going to be brief in my post today! LOL! I hope you like my clean and simple card this week!

Our sponsor this week is Doodle Pantry and they are giving $10.00 worth of digis from the store! Thanks Laurie!

We'd love to have you play along! If you do, please leave a direct link to your card on the SSIC Blog and please link the challenge in your post!
Be sure to check out the rest of the Design Team for more inspiration for this week's challenge!

Kaboodle doodles- Fall
Stampin B's -Fall card
Charisma- Fall card
Stamps r us - all nature
Paper Romance- Fall or Halloween
Ooh la la- nothing floral
Crafty sentiments- Fall colors
Stamp Man- Autumn
Stampin for the Weekend - Autumn Inspiration

27 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Hi Grace!! I sure hope you are having a great weekend with Nathan and Lauren!! I have been thinking of you.

I just love your card with it's simple elegance. The colors and the patterns look like fall. The added raffia is the perfect touch. Love it. You rock all styles my friend.
hugs,
Chris
TTYT!

Cindy Coutts Designs said...

Just gorgeous Grace! I love the rustic colors and feel to this card. I hope that you're enjoying your week and God bless.

Becky said...

This is beautiful Grace love the design of the sentiment and love the colors. Have a blessed week {hugs} :)

Miesje said...

Enjoy those grandkids! I love time spent with mine! Your card is awesome! I love the colors and the CAS does not look simple to me!

NinaB said...

I agree with Miesje, your CAS doesn't not look simple to me, but it's gorgeous. It's been ages since I used raffia for ribbon. Thanks for the inspiration.

Patti J said...

What a gorgeous card, Grace - I actually admired it on the photo page all week! Like Chris, it certainly does not look simple to me!!! Beautifully done, as always! Enjoy those grandkids!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Grace,I love your papers and the colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Unknown said...

This is beautiful, I love your papers, so warm. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week and good luck xxx

Joan Ervin said...

This is such a beautiful CAS design, Grace....the colors and papers are beautiful and I LOVE how you used the raffia!!!! Have fun with the Grands...they grow up way to fast!!!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Great card, Grace! I love how you used the rainbow ink pad, so clever and beautiful effect!

God bless your days with your grandkids!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous fall colors!! I love it!! I completely understand your struggle with the clean and simple style. My stuff is usually packed with layers and "stuff" and probably need to learn to stop a little sooner. This card is perfect in every way!!!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh, Grace what a beautiful card...I really love the farria and that amazing paper. Glad to hear you are having fun with the grandkinds nothing better than memories. Have a blessed week my friend!! Hugs, Sabrina

Benzi said...

Your Fall 'thank you' card is so pretty. You just can't go wrong with K&CO dp. Very pretty button/raffia treatment. Thank you so much for joining the Stampin B's Fall card challenge this week.

Claudine Poch said...

Beautiful fall card! Your raffia looks great! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.

peggysue said...

Beautiful as always! I like the raffia and the oval sentiment but particularly the kaleidacolor pad you used on the bottom of the card, what a great finishing touch!

The Mama Monkey said...

Love the rich, fall colors on this, Grace! Hope you are doing well!

Jill said...

What a lovely card Grace. I really like those stripey colours! Thanks for joining in Kabooldledoodles this week and to see you the next time. Jill

Shirley said...

Gorgeous Autumnal colours Grace and I love the layout. The Rafia and stamped border work so well with the theme for this week's challenge at Kaboodledoodles. Thank you for playing along this week and we hope you will join us for our next challenge.

shirley

Tammylee said...

Great card, love the design and colors. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Sentiments.

Tammylee Crafty Sentiments DT

Valerie said...

Very pretty!

**Farrah** said...

This is a gorgeous card Grace! I love everything about it!
Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck!
Farrah

Wendi said...

Thats a lovely card those rich autumn colours are beautiful
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, really pretty and lovely autumn colours,love the stamped border really effective!

Thanks for joining in the challenge over at Crafty Sentiments Designs.

Hugs Jo xxxxx

Vee said...

Such a wonderful and colourful design. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week. Good luck.
xx Vee

Gunn (Merete) said...

So beautiful. Love the colors and papers.
Thanks for joining us at SFTW.

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Grace - what a simply gorgeous card! There are times whe less is more and this is definitely one of them! I love your colours and the gorgeous LOC images - love the stamp pad - it has a fabulous effect! Thanks for sharing Grace! {{{hugs}}}

Vixykins said...

What a fab creation and wonderful colour scheme, beautiful! Thank You for playing at The Stampman (Sorry I'm late leaving a comment!)