Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Friends forever

LOC

Hello everyone! Today I have a card I made for my design team sisters and Layers of Color owner, Laura... Due to my own personal limitations, and not wanting stamping to consume my whole life, I have decided to step down from the "official" design team but I am not going far! I am going to be a "Friend of Layers of Color", and I will continue to use and blog Layers of Color products because I love them and they are so fun! You may even see me popping in on a blog hop from time to time! :) I feel some sadness in doing this because this is truly such a special company and design team!!! I love every one of my sisters...and Laura is such a special godly woman... but that won't change! We decided to have the theme of our blog hop today "Friends Forever", because that is how we all feel. So I decided to choose as joyful an image as I could find to celebrate this forever kind of friendship! I chose Layers of Color Reindeer Waltz because these guys just look like they are having a blast together... and it's the way I feel about this team! I used Webster's Pages, some unknown aqua on which I stamped images from this set with VersaMark and heat embossed with Kaleidoscope embossing powder. I used Spellbinder's Labels 17 for my main panel and matted that with a Beaded Oval which I cut in order to enlarge it to show around the Label 17. I used some dotted ribbon from my stash and the little sentiment is hard to see in the photo, but it's from Studio G and says "friends for life".

I do want to thank Laura for the opportunity she gave me to be on this team and I am honored to have been here for the past 8 months. I appreciate the sweet godly spirit present in each DT member! What a special place to be!

Please be sure to keep your eye out for great new things coming your way from Layers of Color!!! It's exciting to watch God bless a company that's focused on Him!

This isn't goodbye... it's just a slight adjustment in responsibilities and commitments... so I'll be seeing you all frequently and I do hope you'll come visit me too! I love you all, and pray God's richest blessings on each one of you and on Layers of Color!

To see what others have created for today's hop, please visit these uber talented gals:
Laura* Melisa * Nina * Linda * Jenny * Janice *


12 comments:

Lovely Linda said...

Dear Grace - today's Friends Forever Blog Hop is a special one, but it has such mixed feelinsg for us all! The great thing about being Christians is that we know our relationships have eternal value - we are friends for eternity! You know I love you Sistah and I have left some special words for you on my post! I am so blessed that we are not saying goodbye but 'see you when I am looking at you!' I {{{heart}}} you dear friend - what a blessing you are to the LOC Design Team! {{{hugs}}}

NinaB said...

Linda said it so well. What a blessing it's been to get to know you, Grace, and I hope we'll get to meet someday. Let us exalt Christ together through our papercrafting artwork!

farmhouse-story said...

simply beautiful, grace:) your blog is just lovely!

Becky said...

This is stunning Grace, I just love this image and the layout of this card. Sorry to hear you are stepping down - you have such fabulous designs, but I can understand how DT can take over your life. :)
love & hugs :)

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Your friendship is such a gift from God, Grace! I love how joyous your card is. It's a perfect visual to celebrate your friendship with LOC design team. We'll miss you daily, but that will make seeing you occasionally all the more special!
Wrapping you with love and prayers!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how beautiful Grace!! I just love the colors and those deer!! Gorgeous work my friend!! I am sure you will indeed be missed at LOC. You always make such beautiful cards and have a heart of gold my friend!!
hugs,
Chris

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Grace,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.x

kiwimeskreations said...

I do love the page you have created - sorry to hear that you are stepping back from the LOC DT, But I can understand why you are doing it.
Blessings
Maxine

The Mama Monkey said...

This is sooo pretty! I love the color palette you chose, too! You know, it is a good thing you know and understand your limitations. Life is all about a healthy balance...and we would hate for you start to associate your passion with work!!

Mickie said...

Another beautiful card Grace and isn't it wonderful to have such great friends!!

Jennie said...

So beautiful Grace! Love the soft colors and the embossing, absolutely striking. Thankful to know you aren't going far at all and look forward to one day meeting at the EC!!!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Hello my sweet friend. I'm so very glad you want be far away and plan on hanging out with us every now and then! You are such a special lady and Layers of Colors has been so very blessed to have you as a part of their team Grace. You are one talented lady! Make sure you keep us in the loop about what is going on in your life my friend!
big hugs,
Melisa