Monday, January 10, 2011

Happy Birthday Nathan!

Nathans-BD11

Hello everyone!
Today I thought I'd share a card I made for my Grandson who turns 13 on Jan 12!  Where did the time go?  It seems like just yesterday he was a little baby!  Now he is as tall as I am!  I'm so thankful for such a wonderful Grandson though... he's such a good "kid"!  He truly loves the Lord and has a heart for things of God.  I pray that he'll never lose that sight and that he will stay close to the Lord all his days.  So as he enters his teen years... his Mom and Dad probably shudder a little, and we all joke about plugging up his ears until he's 21 so his brains don't run out one night.... (an old joke you might not have heard).... but the fact is.... he's growing into a wonderful young man.  It brings me such pleasure to watch as the long days of parenting yield their fruit!

His wish for his birthday is to be able to go take snowboard lessons.  Since they live in the mountains, and they got 8" of snow yesterday and are forecast to have a "25 year snow storm" over the next 3 days, I have a feeling that having snow is NOT going to be the issue... more likely it will be whether they can actually get TO the ski lodge! LOL!  At any rate... I made this card with an image from Stampin spot Studio by Jen Ofiana.  I bought these from my lss during a consignment sale so I have no idea if they are still available. There were so many fun images for kids and tweens with sports related subjects. The DP (Jack Frost) and base (Pastel Textured)  are both ATD.   I colored the image with Copics and paper pieced the snow board with a scrap of Papertrey Ink. dp I had in my stash. On the inside I used a sentiment from Great Impressions that simply says "Wishing you everything that makes you happy". The only embellishments I added to the card were these felt snowflakes... I'm figuring teenage guys might not want ribbon and lace, ya think? :)

I am entering this in the following challenges:
Color Chef - COLOR - Monochromatic (tone on tone)
Stamp with Fun - Snow
Crafty Hos' - Monochromatic (one colour)
Crafty Pad - Happy Birthday
Gingerloft (2 weeks) - Celebrations (birthday)
Let's Ink It Up (monthly) - NO DIGI and Anything Goes
Pile It On - Cute Children
Scrappy Frogs (3 weeks) - use a Sentiment
Catch The Bug (3 entries) - anything goes
One Stop Craft - card for a child


Charisma Cardz (3 entries) – birthdays and celebrations
Creative Belli (2 weeks) - snow


Happy Birthday Nathan!  We love you!

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable, but, lol, snow, I've seen enough of snow for this year. ;)

:) Lori m

Tamara Morton said...

A wonderful card, coloured to perfection. Thanks for joining in at Belli Challenge this week.
Hugs
Tamara Belli DT

Unknown said...

Great card, I am sure Nathan will love it. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, Suzanne x

Henriƫtte said...

A wonderful card..........

Unknown said...

What a COOL card--love your coloring, Grace! Happy bday to Nathan!

Unknown said...

What a fun card!

Sharon L

Barbara said...

What a refreshing "teen" card. I am sure he will love it. Aren't grandson's precious? I love the image, the DP you chose and the card design...perfect. Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Pad for our first challenge in 2011

Traci S. said...

Hi Grace,

Time does fly, doesn't it? This card is fabulous for someone his age, especially! My 2 year-old grandson turned 3 last week. We are going up to celebrate his birthday this weekend with a party.

I am sure Nathan will think this is a super cool card from his super cool Grammmy! I love the bg on this card, too!

Far out!

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Shelley said...

This looks amazing, I'm sure your grandson will love it. Thanks for joining in this weeks OSCC. Hugs Shelley xx

Sharon Peele said...

Grace, You are so talented, I really enjoy following your blog!! Your grandson will love this card!!
Thanks for the inspirations!!

Dawn B. said...

Happy birthday Nathan.. He will love this card. What a great idea to learn to snowboard. It looks like fun. We have had no school for 3 days and cannot get out of my drive either.. :(

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Happy Birthday to Nathan!! I am sure he will love this card. It matches his wish perfectly!! Great job with the background and the paper piecing!!

I bet if I snowboarded instead of stamping, that would help with my diet. LOL!

TTYS!
hugs,
Chris

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh...just saw your challenges...Thanks for joining the Creative Belli snow challenge! It is perfect.
hugs,
Chris

Carla S. said...

Your card for your grandson is adorable, Grace! What a cute image! Love how you did the background! We were completely "iced in" here yesterday. DH spent most of the day chipping at the driveway and he did make it out to work this morning. I am waiting for him to report on the outside roads before I go out. What a winter so far! Stay warm! Hugs!

Gem said...

this is so lovely! Thanks for joining in with Charisma's 2nd Birthday Bash challenge and blog hop! Gemma :)

joy said...

Great card! Love how you have colored his jeans! Thanks for participating in the Creative Belli Challenge.

maxine said...

A lovely card thanks for joining us at the crafty pad x

Becky said...

What a sweet card Grace. Tell Nathan Happy Birthday. :)

Unknown said...

that card is adorable- i think he will love it! So glad you played wiht the color chef challenge!!

Velta said...

Oh my goodness at all the different layers...just gorgeous Grace!!

Sharon said...

Love your snowboarding card. My grandson (who is college age) is on a ski trip right now except he is snowboarding. I tried to find the stamp on line but was not successful. Can you tell me where you purchased the stamp? I am an avid follower of your blog and love everything you do.

Sharon said...

I read more carefully and see that you are not sure if the stamp is still available. So please disregard my question regarding where you purchased the stamp. :) I did try to find it on line. Maybe I will try again later. Thank you for sharing your inspirational cards.

Lynn said...

Wonderful card and love all the patterned papers and blue combo :)
Thanks for joining us at Gingerloft Challenges :)
huggs
Lynn xx

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh Grace, he is going to love this! I have a 10 year old and always struggle with that age group. You made a winner!

Lorraine said...

Great card for a 10 year old. Thanks for taking part at The Crafty Pad this week.

Crystal said...

such a cool card! thanks for playing with us at PIO! hugs!

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Great use of DP! Love the card! Thanks for joining us at Gingerloft Challenges :)