Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Have a H.E.A.R.T.



Today I wanted to play along with Our Daily Bread designs Shining the Light Challenge.
This week the challenge is to use the "Have a H.E.A.R.T." recipe. You must use three of these ingredients.
H= Hemp
E= Embossing
A=Any Our Daily Bread Images or Sentiments
R= Ribbon or lace
T= Tearing or distressing


Well I got all but one in my card! I used this month's release of the Nail Fish Stamp and the He Shall be Called Background stamp. I also used the newly released Fish Embossing plate. I inked the embossing plate and used the negative side of it so I could over stamp it with the "He Shall be Called" stamp, which I did with Memento Rich Cocoa. I highlighted certain names that have touched me in some way with a yellow Copic #11. I stamped my fish image and cut it out then colored the nail image with Copics. I stamped it again on acetate with Stazon Black and cut out again, adhering it to the back of my cut out nail. I popped this up on dimensionals over the background of His Names. I thought being able to focus on the name Jesus while still seeing through to the names behind had a great effect. My base is Bazzill and the dp is Pink Paisley Queen Bee and the rest is Gina K Pure Ivory.

For the challenge, I distressed my edges with scissors and distress ink, I used hemp twine, embossing and Our Daily Bread designs stamps. So why not play along this week! It's a great challenge and we'd love to see what you come up with!

I am entering this into the following challenges:
Crafty Cardmakers Spotlight Challenge - Plastic
Allsorts - It's all about the sentiment
Sugar Creek Hollow - Use No traditional Valentine colors
Fairy Fun Fridays - use fine print as a design element
Stampin With The Dragon - anything goes
CCEE Stampers - dry embossing
Samuel Taylor's Challenge - use Copic or Promarkers
Incy Wincy Designs - Color me Wonderful (use at least 2 mediums) I used Copics and Distress Inks
Cards For Men MASCULINE and a Recipe: 1 Image, 2 Design Papers, (my yellow and gray layers are dp from pink paisley) 3 Embellishments (either 3 the same or 3 different)


Have a great week!

22 comments:

Runnergirl Creations said...

Beautiful card! Great job!!! I love the silver fish & "Jesus". Thanks for sharing! :) Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card. I love all the texture you've used. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. xx

Sabrina Jackson said...

Grace, sweet Grace, oh my word, this card is breathtaking!!! I love EVERYTHING about this one....WOW!!! The embossing and highlighting of some of the names and that awesome fish...stunning!!! Thanks so much for supporting the Shining the Light Challenge again this week....it means a lot to us!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Basslady said...

this is so fantastic!

i am a huge fan of embossed backgrounds!

GREAT job!!!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi x0x0

Crystal said...

WOOOWEEE Grace your embossed background is FABULOUS!!! What an awesome creation and image sweetie!!! Hope you are having a wonderful week!!!

BrossArtAddiction said...

Gorgeous card! The distressing, color combo and embossing is amazing!

Thanks for joining us this week at FFF and goodluck! :D

Tracey
FFF/DT for PFD

Sherry Kushibab said...

I enjoy following your blog and have left a 'Stylish Blogger' award on my blog for you. I hope you will accept it with the good intentions it carries.

http://stampingcowgirlcreations.blogspot.com

Karen W said...

Beautiful card, I just got the bundle and this gives some idea.

Lin said...

Lovely mixture of textures and ideas.

Thanks so much for joining our Plastic Spotlight at Crafty Cardmakers.

Lin - Lil Miss Chatterbox xx

Becky said...

This is just lovely Grace.

Unknown said...

Beautiful, I can see the time and love you put into this. Very nice!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. I love everything about it. Thanks for joining us at Stamping With The Dragon.
Hugs,
Beth

Mandy said...

A wonderful card...Love the DP...Thank you for sharing with us at Cards for Men...
Mandy x

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a perfect bg for your image Grace!! LOVE it!! Thanks so much for joining our CCEE Challenge this week!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Grace!! I just love the embossed background and the touch of yellow. Beautiful design!! Awesome masculine design!!

Thanks for always supporting ODBD and the Shining the Light challenge!! It means the world to me.
hugs,
Chris

Love crafts forever said...

Thank you so much for playing with us at Stampin With the Dragon challenge.
Hugs Nataliya

Renee said...

Thanx for joining us this week at Incy Wincy. Hope to see you back again soon. Love your card.
Renee DT

Suzi Mac said...

Wow!! what a beautiful job you've made of this card, the embossing is fantastic and the Jesus fish is amazing. Thank you for joining us at Fairy Fun Friday this week with your gorgeous creation.
Hugs
Suzi x

fionalawlor said...

Beautiful card, great job! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.
Fiona x

Dionne said...

Pretty card,nice job.
Thanks for joining us at Fairy Fun Fridays.

Jill said...

Love, love, LOVE this card! Everything about it is wonderful!

Alison said...

Love the stamp with that amazing background! Thanks for playing along with our recipe challenge at Cards for Men.
Hugs, Alison x