Sunday, February 27, 2011

Willow shopping

WOJ-shopping-Willow

Hello friends! It's Sunday and time for another Stampin Sisters in Christ! Today will be a short post as I have my Granddaughter staying with me this weekend and getting two girls ready for Church takes longer than I'm used to! LOL! Today's hostess is Rebekka, and I know you all love her as much as I do! Be sure to stop by Stampin Sisters in Christ to read her devotional today!

The Scripture Becky has chosen is
Psalm 9:10 "Those who know your name will trust in You, for You, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek You."

Becky is challenging us to use
"Things that Secure... Buttons.... No Less than Three!"

I'm so grateful to know that my salvation is not dependent on my own works! God's promise to us is that He will never leave us or forsake us! He tells us that those who seek Him with all of their hearts, will find Him. He desires to have a relationship with us. He loves us, pursues and and He keeps us! There was a once popular song that said "To know, know know you is to love, love, love you, and I do.... " In human terms... that love may come and go, rise and wane, but God's love is constant and sure, and He never changes. We can trust Him to always have our very best in mind, even if He needs to discipline us to bring us to where we need to be! We can never lose His love! What a precious promise! He will never forsake us!!!

Our sponsor this week is Whiff Of Joy and I just had to use one of my Elizabeth Bell WOJ images today! This image is Shopping Willow. I thought she'd be perfect this weekend, since I have my Granddaughter here and what do all little girls love to do? Shop!!! (Especially if Grandma is buying!!!) LOL! I have used a base of Papertrey Srping Moss, and all the designer paper is BasicGrey Sugar Rush. I used this week's Midnight Madness Sketch 92 for my layout.

I stamped Willow on Express It with Memento and colored with Copics. I paper pieced her bags with scraps. The circles are cut with Spellbinder's Lacey Circles and Classic Circles. I love my Grand Calibur for things like this because you can put different dies and papers on the large platform and cut them all with one pass! I ran the classic circles through with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dot embossing folder as well. The lace is Websters Pages and the flowers and buttons are from my stash.

We want to thank our Sponsor, Whiff Of Joy for their Support and Generous Prize! This is the adorable image being given away!



To read the devotional thoughts and full details on the challenge and prize please visit the
For more inspiration on this challenge, please visit my DT Sisters:
Chris, Linda, Peggysue, Miesje, Rebecca, Lisa , Randi (on leave)

I am entering this in the following challenges:
Digi Doodle Shop's Best - Spots/Dots
Do You Stack Up? - Anything Goes
Guylou's Inimitability - -anything goes
Lili of the Valley - Circles
Moving Along With The Times - Fashion
Paper Crafting Journey - anything goes
Paper Romance - Anything goes
Pixie Dust Studio - Create a card/project using Summer colors
Samuel Taylor's Challenge - use Copic or Promarkers
Stampin' B's - Use a flower
Create with Connie & Mary -Inspiration photo (I pulled the colors)
Creative Cottage - fabulous florals
Forgotten Scraps - Spring or flowers
Stars and Stamps Midweek Throwdown - any occasion (no glitter!)
Copic Creations - Warm Colours
Creative Craft Challenges - Cards for Teens
Partytime Tuesdays - Anything Goes
Sweet Stamps - Flowers
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - flowers Everywhere!
Lexi's Creations - Flowers
Stamps R Us - For the Girls


32 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how darling!! I just love this image and your coloring and paper piecing is gorgeous Grace!! I love your springy cheery colors!! I wish I had more time to work on this challenge card and get out a WOJ image!

hugs!!
TTYS!

Carla S. said...

This is so cute, Grace! Love the spring colors and pretty papers and embellies! Fun image, perfectly colored and paper-pieced! Enjoy the rest of the time with your granddaughter!

dmbennett said...

Wonderful card. Love your color choices. Such a fun image. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps.
Dawn B

Becky said...

Beautiful card this morning Grace! Love the paper piecing on this adorable image.
Hugs :)

DesignerDiva said...

Fabulous image, and great layout Thanks for joining us this week at MAWTT
Hugs Laurie x

Judy Rozema said...

Beautiful coloring and card, Grace!! Love all those flowers! Thanks for joining Paper Romance!

Miesje said...

Oh so pretty and yes - the girls love to shop - more than Grandma does these days! LOL! Your card is so cute. Have a wonderful week and enjoy the granddaughter, those are the moments we treasure aren't they?

Miranda said...

gorgeous card Grace, very pretty
thanks for joining the DYSU challenge this week
hugs
Miranda

Pami said...

A wonderful card Grace, such a lovely image. Thanks so much for joining in with my challenge at MAWTT this week. Good luck. Pami x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is a super creation, What pretty colours you have used,so nice and springlike, Thanks for playing on MAWTT this week Hazelxoxo

Sandra P said...

Awesome card! Love the papers and paper peicing :)

Thanks for joining Paper Romance this week!

Hugs,
Sandra P

WencheP said...

Love the colors! Fabulous image, great coloring. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Sandy Fredrick said...

I love the colors you used in this. Your coloring is great and the flowers just pop out at you. Thank you for joining our challenge at SweetStamps.com.

Lori said...

She's adorable! Your coloring always amazes me, Grace. Love all of the flowers you've used, with your buttons.~Hugs, Lori~~

Priscilla said...

What a great card.. I love the image too. As always, such a lovely creation. Thank you for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenge.
Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

paige said...

great image and card! Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us!

paige said...

I'm back to also thank you for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays! LOL!

~ Kendra ~ said...

Love the image! Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps!!

Kendra

Newbie said...

Grace, the card is put together beautifully! The coloring is superb, and I love the spring colors of the card! The flowers just add to it!! And I LOVE your devotion! Beautiful words to live by!

Renee Matarese said...

What a wonderful card. I love the paper pieced bags. Your image is colored so wonderfully to coordinate with the DP. Thanks for sharing this with us at Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge and Party time Tuesdays. Hope to see you again soon.
~Renee
MMSC DT
PTT DT

velta said...

The first thing I have to say...is "OH MY, the colors!" How beautiful! Your card made me smile...even in the middle of the night when I cannot sleep I am so glad that I have subscribed to your blog Grace...Thanks!

Guro said...

What a gorgeous creation Grace, love your colors on this one! Stunning details and your image looks adorable, her bags are so stylish :-)
Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.
Hugs Guro
MMSC DT

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

Just dropping by to check out your great card! Thanks for playing along in the "Spring or Flowers" challenge at Forgotten Scraps. ;D

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous card Grace. I am guessing there will be lots of new clothes and shoes in those parcels.
Thanks for joining in with our Fashion challenge at MAWTT.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Jo said...

Awesome, lovely happy colours! Love the paper piecing!

KraftyKoolKat said...

Lovely. Thank you for sharing it with us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Sherry Kushibab said...

Some great details on this card - colors are just awesome. Like how you used die cuts like a doily. Coloring is fabulous - I work in retail so I am happy to see this little gals arms full of packages!!

Stacey Adams, SweetStamps.com said...

Great vivid colors! Love the paper piecing. Thank you for joining us at the SweetStamps.com blog challenge this week and good luck!

Jen Leeflang said...

Fabulous card - I love the flowers!
Thanks for joining us on the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week!
Love
Jen
MMSC DT

Nikbee said...

A beautiful card. I love the bright colours and the image is lovely. Thank you for joining us at Creative craft.

Nikki x

Jolara said...

lovely, great colors ! Thanks for joining the Pixies this week ! Joyce xo

Kristine said...

LOVE IT!! =) Great image and fun papers and flowers. Cute Cute! Hope you're having a great week Grace. I'm just keeping your blog open because I love the music tonight. Soft and beautiful....sweet haven *sigh*