Thursday, March 10, 2011

Tuesday Trigger and more...


Hello friends! Today I'm sharing a card I made for this week's Tuesday Trigger over on Moxie Fab World. We were to take inspiration from this Oh So Lovely photo:



Doesn't that just give you the warm fuzzies? I love this pic! Anyway... I also wanted to play in this week's challenge over at Joan's Gardens, and that challenge was to use blue, orange, a spring theme, a die cut and a circle. My circle is actually my hand made organza rose, which was my first attempt at these so go easy on me! :) I cut several circles of organza in bright pink, light pink and an orange/gold color. I used a candle to seal the edges and that causes the organza to curl up and it's amazing how you can start with a circle and end up with what really look like petals! I also used a big button from my stash that I have been hoarding. It is clear but half of it is orange and half is colorless. I really liked how it played with the orange tones in the card stock and flower. The ribbon is recycled from a gift I had received quite a while ago. I knew some day I'd use it!

I also incorporated some pink so I could play along with the Play Date Cafe Color challenge, which is orange, pink and blue. The photo there had two shades of blue and I went with the lighter.

My dp is from a treasured pack of Prima- Annalee. The sentiment is from Gina K (It's a Nina Brackett set called Fanciful Tags). I stamped it with Adirondak Latte and I used a Spellbinders Fancy Tag to cut it out. The base is Gina K leather. The punched edge is cut with a T Holtz die (Sizzix) and I used a scrap of MS cs for that. I meant to sew on this and totally forgot! LOL! Oh my...

I am also entering this into the following challenges:
Aud Sentiments Challenge - Birthday card, gift packaging or gifts
Craft Us Crazy - anything that reminds you of nature
The Rubber Cafe - Favourite Die (love the fancy tag by Spellbinders!)
Sassy Studio Designs - Use Something Recycled on project- the ribbon
Some Odd Girl - Think Spring
Southern Girls - Use Flowers
Pals Paper Arts - Spring - Inspirational Photo of straw hat with multi colored flowers
For Fun Challenges - Spring
Paper Pretties - ribbon
Simon Says Stamp - anything goes
Bearly Mine - Birthday card
Karen's Doodles Netherlands - CAS with one catch detail- my flower
Outlawz - COLOUR Orange & Pink + add flowers
Crafty Cardmakers - Fabric (organza)
Aly's Sunday Challenge - Anything goes
Card Cupids - Anything Goes
Crafty Pad - Use Ribbon

Thanks so much for stopping by!

52 comments:

Jennie said...

What beautiful dp you used on this Grace and truly a wonderful take on the Tuesday Trigger. It looks just lovely without the sewing as well :o)

Joan Fricker said...

Grace, your card is so pretty. It is amazing how nice blue and orange look together. you did a great job!

Thanks so much for joining us at Joan's Gardens for #9 Weekly Card Challenge.
Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Becky Spinks said...

Hi Grace...thank you so much for your comment on my blog. It is so encouraging when someone of your caliber takes the time to leave a positive comment. I have long been an admirer of your blog...I usually don't comment...just admire your work.
Your card for Joan's Challenge is beautiful..I love that dp...and the orange looks perfect to me. Your flower is awesome...I don't know that I could make anything that would turn out that beautiful!

Angel said...

That is a whole lotta challenges! Your card is LOVELY!

Dawn B. said...

This is so pretty Grace. I love this paper. SOme of my favorite. You picked the perfect goodies to inspire you with the Moxie Trigger. Great job..

Kristine Reynolds said...

Love the die that you used on this beautiful card.

Thanks for joining the Rubber Cafe Challenge this week!

XOXO
Kristine

Audrey said...

Wow! What a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous, Grace! I think the flower is great. Looks like you've been making them for a while. Isn't it rewarding to have the project finally 'appear' that tells you just why you were saving those things! Wouldn't be the same without them.

The Mama Monkey said...

Wow, that paper could not be more perfect! Stunning as usual!

Anonymous said...

Oooo this is gorgeous! It goes perfect with the Tuesday Trigger :)

Francie G. said...

Beautiful, Grace! Fabulous paper!

massofhair said...

Stunning flower, colours and shapes. LoVe your card:-)

Trish said...

hi Grace, the daily scripture link on your sidebar was not working when I looked. Love your card, it's beautiful :)
cheers Trish, Australia.

Regan said...

This is gorgeous! So shabby chic! Love the flower! Thanks for playing along @ SSD! :)

Tara Bilbao said...

Grace, What a beautiful, elegant card! It caught my eye right away with the brilliant colors and beautiful layout. When I visited your blog, I had to laugh. It looks like I have Ricky's relative, Boo on the right side of my blog. So happy I found your beautiful work!

Ann Schach said...

This is so pretty! I love the pattern paper and that gorgeous flower! Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

Becky said...

This is beautiful Grace! I just love this pattern paper and that gorgeous flower.

~Jeri~ said...

Beautiful! Love that gorgeous flower!!

Thanks for joining us at Craft Us Crazy and hope to see you joining us again!

Diane said...

Beautiful card....like a painting waiting to be framed!! Love the flower, too...I have made a few of these and they are gorgeous when finished!

Beate said...

Grace, I LOVE your take on the trigger. Your card is beautiful!
Hugs and smiles

Carla S. said...

As I said on the Outlawz, this is absolutely gorgeous, Grace! Wonderful take on all the challenges! I just knew it was also for the Tuesday Trigger - it's perfect! See you tomorrow!

Robyn said...

Grace, this is a fabulous card! Oh my, how my eyes are pleased with the perfection of the final product of your creativity! BTW thanks for visiting my newbee blogg! I have a long way to go to measure up girl! Looking forward to following yours more closely. Your work is so very pretty!

Robyn said...

Grace, I went to the ODBD winners for 3/3 as you suggested. Oops, sorry to say it was not my name. Yes I did visit the blog hop and it was delightful! I was praying for a surprise, but this is not the one! Thanks anyhow and congratulations to all the winners!

Kathy Jones said...

What a beautiful card Grace!! LOVE the sentiment in the Fancy Tag diecut and that flower is just gorgeous!!!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! Thanks for joining Karens Doodles NL!

Hugs,
Renata

gina g said...

This is so pretty, beautiful flowers. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine for our challenge this time. luv gina xx

Maria said...

A fabulous card! So pretty and feminine...love it!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Beautiful Grace!! How you made this card, really makes the paper stand out!! Gorgeous colors and design!! Love the flower!
hugs,
Chris

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

It's so cute! What a lovely colours you have used…………… Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine.......

Hugs
Judith

Unknown said...

Your card is beautiful. I love that paper.

aqualeiga said...

Such a pretty card, thank you for sharing it with us over at THE CRAFTY PAD this week. Hugs, Ali x

Heather said...

Oh Grace, what a beautiful card, the colours are scrumptious and your details just perfect - I love your organza flower - another thing on the list of things to try!!

So glad you could join us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge,
hugs
Heather xx

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, Grace, can I just give you my address now to send this to me? ;) LOL It is absolutely stunning, and I'm amazed at how many challenges you rolled into one! Thanks for making the Play Date Cafe one of them. Hope to see you again soon.

anja said...

nice card thanks for joining us on KD
gr anja KDDT-NL

Renata van Miltenburg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Renata van Miltenburg said...

Oh wow, so pretty! Gorgeous flowers and a very lovely accent!

Liefs, Karen's Doodles NL!

Renata

sue said...

That photo is glorious and your card and handmade flower are beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at Southern Girls :)

Lori said...

What a great take on the photo!!! Your hand made flower is fabulous, Grace!

marion said...

What a nice card lovely flower.Thanks for joining us at KarensDoodles.I have a nice candy on my blog.Maybe you want to join?Greets Marion

Melanie C said...

Such a beautiful card! Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

Sam Healey said...

Another beautiful card Grace. Thanks for joining in again at Craft US Crazy this week.
xxx

Unknown said...

beautiful hun, love the flower

Thank for getting crafty with us at Crafty Cardmakers xx

hugs
Judie xx

Indy's Designs said...

Very pretty.

Lin said...

Thanks for joining in with our fabric challenge at Crafty Cardmakers with your lovely card.

Lin xx

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Grace! What a pretty approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Lea L. said...

Beautiful card and paper!! Great job with the Tuesday Trigger challenge!! ♥♥♥

Ellen said...

Fabulous card with a very prety accent!
Thanks for joining us at Karen's Doodles NL.
Ellen

Jinny Newlin said...

Ever so beautiful, Grace! Thanks for playing along with us in The Cafe!

Amy said...

very pretty. Love the colors. Thanks for playing along at Aud Sentiments :)

Jaclyn Miller said...

Your card is beautiful! Love that scrolled frame and the big flower is the perfect finishing touch. Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe.

scrapn_momof2 said...

STUNNING!!! Thank you for joining us over at CRAFT US CRAZY.

Autumn said...

Beautiful, love your flower! Thanks for joining us at SG!
xxAutumn