Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Take Refuge in Him

Refuge-6

Hello everyone! I have a quick card to share with you today. I made this for this week's Shining the Light Challenge over at ODBD. The challenge is to use birds. I used this month's new release, Bird & Butterfly Labels, Large Bird Background, Small Bird Background, Scripture Collection 7 and Sing to the Lord. I stamped the small bird background onto Prima Sparkling Spring light blue dp, then I heat embossed the small bird background over that in white ep. I used my new Spellbinders Parisian Motifs to frame the image, and I cut it with the Spellbinders Label Eighteen, which this stamp was custom made for by our very own DT member, Dawn Lusk. I used the Grand Caliber to cut these with. I also used a T Holtz die for my edge treatment on the left, an MS punch for the white edge on the right and the negative part left over from another card for the bottom edge. I used a Sizzix embossing folder on the pink striped K&Co dp (wedding). Sorry I don't know the name of that folder. The bird is stamped with Memento London fog to keep it soft, then colored with Copics and cut out. I used SU! Baja Breeze ink for the main panel.

I am entering this in the following challenges:
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes, Crazy Challenge -Just Add Flowers, Make it Monday - Anything goes, My Partner in Crafting Crime -Layer it up, Paper Playtime -Anything Goes, Stamping Vacation - you name the challenge (Just use pastels), There's Magic in the Air - Lets use flowers, Corrosive Challenges - 2 Pastel Colours, Crafty Pad - Flower, Creative Cowgirls - Spring or Easter, Creative Inspirations Paint - Spring, Gingerloft - 2W - Got the Blues, I Did It Creations - Anything Goes, Sparkles Forum - Springtime, Cupcake Inspirations - Inspiration Photo*(chose the light blue and peachy pink cupcake), Catch The Bug - Anything Goes, Secret Crafter - Butterflies , Fairy Fun Fridays - Spring-themed, Fairy Knoll - 2E, 'whatever'


Hope you like it! Thanks as always for your sweet comments! They always make my day!

Have a blessed week! I'm coming off a migraine and thanking the Lord that I'm feeling better!!!
Link

46 comments:

Shirley said...

Monet beautiful! Love that butterfly!

Eseniya said...

Очень красиво и изящно!!! ))

Basslady said...

your card is brilliant!

love the way, you combined the spellis...
GREAT look!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Dawn said...

Such a lovely card! Love the colours you've used & the sentiment is wonderful!
Thanks for joining us with our Flower Challenge at The Crafty Pad!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Lori said...

Stunning! This is so beautiful, Grace. Thanks for the inspiration.

Lionelsa said...

Adorable card. Love the color combination.
Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week!

Hellma said...

Super stunning card.

Dianne said...

Totally gorgeous!! Love the way you framed the sentiment and the colors.

Hugs,
Dianne

ZÉ ROBERTO said...

Hi Grace!
I loved their work, are very creative and very original.
Visit my blog.
Greetings from Brazil.
Roberto

Crystal said...

Oh WOW Grace another beauty here sweetie, LOVE your framed sentimnt and these colors and texture are GORGEUS!!!! Stunning!! I hope you are having a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Another gorgeous card, soft pastels, just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Love the softness of the card, just perfect.

Thanks for joining us at SFC.

Huggies Angel

Cheryl First said...

Stunning card!
I saw this on the Make It Monday Linky Party!

Elizabeth said...

Grace, I shouldn't be amazied because God is here in the storm with us, but it is quite fantastic to me that so many of my new friends in blog land have had verses, sentiments and/or devotionals in the last few days that speak to my heart in the midst of my current storm. Thank You! He is our Refuge! And this is a beautiful card to represent that. Truly!

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card, just love how all the layers fit together!

Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion & SFC this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful card, Grace! I love all the layers.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how beautiful Grace!! I just love the colors and your design combining sets. Gorgeous colors!! Thanks for supporting the Shining the Light challenge again this week! You are the best!
hugs,
Chris

Gloria Westerman said...

Oh Grace this is gorgeous....and so true....thank you for playing with us at PCC

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace this is so elegant and just a delight to the eyes :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Tammy Miller said...

Oh this is SO sweet. I love the combination of papers and colors these are just PERFECT! Thanks for joining the Catch the Bug Challenge for our April Anything Goes Challenge, Good Luck! I hope you'll join us again.

CraftinGranny said...

Beautiful design and coloring Grace. It so peaceful and soothing to look at. Fantastic card and good luck in the challenges. 'Hugs" Carol

Imke said...

Beautiful Card ! Thanks for joining us at The Corrosive Challenge Blog.

michele hileman said...

What an awesome card. Thank you for joining us at IDIC

Carla S. said...

This is absolutely stunning, Grace! I love the colors and papers and images you used! A truly wonderful design! Hugs!

Michelle said...

Hi Grace

Your card is amazing,so beautiful. I love the embossing on the pretty pink striped DP.

Thank you for sharing over at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :-)

Shelby Goolsby said...

Stunning card!! The colors are so soft and pretty and I love that bird. Thank you for joining us at My Partner In Crafting Crime.
Hugs,Shelby

Riet said...

So beautiful card Grace,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Dazie said...

This is so beautiful!

Thanks for joining the sparkles girls this fortnight!

Dazie
x

ladyjanet_56 said...

Lovely Reading,lovely DP's such a sweet card thanks for sharing with us at MPPC good luck. Janet

Lesley said...

What a beautiful card! Such a cute card! Thanks for taking part in the SFC xx

Julie said...

Stunning card!! Thanks for joining us at There's Magic in the Air this week.

Melisa Waldorf said...

Oh Grace! This is sensational!! I love how the bird is looking back like he is looking through a window. Wonderful design and the colors are so soft and beautiful. I have to tell you that I love your new blog header as well!

Jan Keen said...

Wow!! what a gorgeous card...I especially love your soft colours and how the sentiment is framed so wonderfully with the new stamp from ODBD! hugs Jan

shaz earl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shaz earl said...

Stunning card Grace, thanks for joining us at SFC this week good luck in the draw x

Angel said...

This is Gorgeous .may i know where from you got those lovely scripture verse stamps.

Purple Crazy said...

stunning card love the dies and edgings, thanks for sharing with us at Gingerloft this time, xx

Dorte said...

Gorgeous card, beautiful papers and colour combination. Thank you for joining our spring challenge at FFF. Hope to see you again.
Dorte,x

Patti P. said...

Grace, each time that I have visited your blog I am always blown away with your creativity and talent and this is no exception. Love your card and appreciate your joining us at TMITA/PCC and hope to see you again soon.

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous card Grace! Love how you combined the new with the old :)! The Spellbinder die in the background is another fab touch! Thank you for playing with us...hugs ~S~

Jeanette said...

Stunning card Grace. So many pretty details. Thanks for joining us at I Did It creations.

Rachel Hope said...

WOW! Stunning! Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

Veronica Z said...

This is such a beautiful card! Thank you for playing along with CIC this week!

Lisa said...

Beautiful creation! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

Denimo said...

What an absolutely lovely card!! Love all your little extras!! So glad you could join us at CIC this week.

Lynn's scraps said...

How lovely ,Thanks for joining us at GingerLoft Challenges Lynnm