Sunday, June 12, 2011

Time to Celebrate Father's Day!

Time-to-Celebrate-Father's-

Hello my friends! Happy Sunday! With Sunday comes another Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge! Today, our challenge hostess is the sweet and talented Lisa! Lisa has chosen (Eph 6:2-4 NRSV) for this week's Scripture verse! "Honor your father and mother"--this is the first commandment with a promise: {3} "so that it may be well with you and you may live long on the earth." {4} And, fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord."

Lisa's challenge is to make a Father's Day card or a card praising our Father in Heaven.

I'm enjoying vacation with my grand kids and we are running and having fun! I look forward to this time all year long! So my post will be short today! I know Lisa's devotional will be wonderful so please be sure to check out the Stampin Sisters in Christ Blog to read it and get all the details on the challenge!

For my card I used this month's release from Our Daily Bread designs called Time, and also Father's Day. I used BoBunny Timepiece dp, Prism Copper Metallic, and Bazzill for the base. I embossed my image with Ranger Copper embossing powder and purposely over heated it so it lost it's shine, but retained the copper color. I love copper, but I wanted this to look old, and the shiny just didn't work for me! LOL! So after I embossed, I sponged, crumpled up and sponged some more, distressed all my edges and sponged some more.... trying to achieve that old feel. I embossed the dp with a Cuttlebug folder and sponged it. I stamped some twill that I had saved from a bundle of towels I had purchased some time ago with T H Distress Ink in Walnut Stain with the words Husband and Father from the Father's Day set. I embossed the Time to Celebrate sentiment the same as the clock and added a T Holtz brad.

The sketch I used was for this week's Midnight Madness Sketch#107.

Our sponsor this week is Simon Says Stamp!
The prize is "Elephant Love"
We want to thank Simon Says Stamp for their continued support!

For more inspiration on today's challenge, please visit my DT Sisters:
Chris, Linda, Peggysue, Miesje, Rebecca, Lisa , Kris, Sabrina, & MariLynn
Randi (on leave)

I am entering this in the following challenges:
Craft Your Days Away - Monochrome, Crazy 4 Challenges - Masculine, Little Claire's Cards For Men, Marks Finest Papers -#59 Fathers Day, One Stop Craft - #135 Fathers Day, Secret Crafter - #138 A Male Card, Stamp, Scrap and Doodle - Fathers Day,Clearly Inspired - Distressing, Delicious Doodles - Father's Day, Fairy Knoll - Father's Day, Fussy and Fancy - Card for a male, Guylou's Inimitability - Monochromatic, Patties Creations - must include a stamped image Wedding or Father's Day, Sew Many Cards - Father's Day, Simply Create - - Father's Day, Wags 'n Whiskers - Masculine, Art Impressions Stamps Challenge - Monochromatic, C.R.A.F.T. -Father's Day, Craft Us Crazy - 2W, 3E - Father's Day and/or masculine colours/theme, Delightful Challenges - 1Father's Day, Just For Fun - Use at least one Tim Holtz product,Paper Play - Father's Day / man's card, Stamp Insanity - Masculine, Amber's Crafts and Stuff - Special Man, House That Stamps Built -Father's Day plus texture, Sisterhood of Crafters - Dad/special man, Paper Variety

Thank you so much for stopping by and for taking the time to leave me a comment! It means so much and I love knowing you were here! Enjoy your week and may God richly bless you!

54 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

ohhh Grace this is stunning - love the masculine 'feel' to it and dull copper was an inspired choice.
Blessings
Maxine

Carol Hurlock said...

Grace this is awesome. I love what you did with that embossing folder. The way the ink clings to it really shows it's beauty. Your main focal point is delightful as well. Thank you so much for playing along with Speedy's Friends! I love coming to view and enjoy your work.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}

Unknown said...

Super card, Thanks for joining us at Little Claires. Mary x

Sandra DeFalco said...

Grace - I love your card, it reminds me of my Dad. He was a watchmaker/jeweler and this would have been the type of card he would have loved.
Love your color choices and the watch hand on the sentiment.
Thanks for playing in our 'Wedding OR Father's Day' Challenge #23!
♥ Sandi
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
and Pattie's shop
Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

sam21ski said...

Fabulous card Grace, love the way you've taken the shine off the copper.

Thanks for sharing with us over on JFF.

Sam xxx

http://sam21ski.blogspot.com/

Von said...

Thank you for sharing with wonderful creation with us at Just for Fun and I just love the time stamp you have used :)
Von

Becky said...

This is gorgeous Grace..You did an awesome job making this look old :).
Have a wonderful week.
Hugs :)

Crystal said...

Oh my word Grace this is FANTASTIC, what a stunning masculine creation, I LOVE all the destressing and that clock is AWESOME!!!! I LOVE your Father's Day creation!!!! Happy Sunday sweetie!

Zoechaos said...

Thank you for sharing this fantastic card with us. Love how you used the time and cogs theme building up each layer fabulous. Hope we will see you again at Just for Fun XOXO Zoe

Cassie said...

Hey Grace! Great distressing! I love the images! Thanks for playing the CIC :D

Lori said...

Beautifully distressed Grace! This is an awesome Fathers Day card. Glad you are having so much fun with the grandkids.

Tenia Nelson said...

This is a awesome card!!! TFS!!!

Wendy M said...

Another great card Grace... have a wonderful time with your family xx

Shirley said...

Vintage lovely and what you did with the embossed BG is wonderful too@

Winnie and Patty said...

Grace--what a lovely vintage Father's Day card!!!! I love the added clock hand as an embellishment! Great job. Thanks for playing along with us at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge this week!

Anonymous said...

Grace, this is really stunning hun!! WOW! I love the colors and your vintage theme and embossed background!! Thanks for sharing! Smiles

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Love it

Thanks for joining our "Male Card" challenge this week on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Grace.

Hugs Riet.xx

Ang C said...

A stunning card

Miesje said...

This is fantastic Grace! I love the image and the card. I hope you are enjoying your family, have a fantastic week!

MariLynn said...

Grace this is gorgeous!!! I love the distressed look of the clock!

cyndie2010 said...

Grace what a beautiful card. God has truly blessed you. Thank you for sharing. May God bless you and your family. Cyndie

Traci S. said...

Hi Grace,

I love the way this card came out! The background is wonderful for this, and I love the distressed look of this card! Fabulous! I love the dial's arm you used on the "Time to Celebrate" sentiment...perfect...and so glad you found the twill to stamp those beautiful and perfect words on. I really love the copper look on this.

I hope you are having a fabulous time with the family this week! This card is just stunning! Hope all are well!

He IS Able,
Traci S.
BlogoVersary Candy-did you sign up?
http://He-IS-Able.blogspot.com

velta said...

Hi Grace! What an awesome Husband/Father's Day card!!! Very masculine and the vintage look you did here is just perfectly creative...of course, you DO have that talent! Have a great week my friend!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful card my friend!! I just love all the texture and the vintage flair! Your distressing and the copper is perfect. My company is gone but boy do I have a headache and feel sick to my stomach....I definitely need time to unwind. I am glad you are having a good time with Christy and the grandkids. TTYS!
hugs,
Chris

Cindy Haffner said...

GORGEOUS GORGEOUS!!~

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Grace - what a treat to visit with you - especially as my computer time is so limited at the moment!! I love your card - the embossing folder and image are divine together - love it Grace - you are so amazing my friend! Your style is timeless and divine! Thanks for sharing! {{{hugs}}}

ike said...

SUPER - great texture on this card. Thank you for playing at Simply Create.
Ike xx
SC DT

Linda Dale said...

Beautiful card Grace, I love the definition and texture. Your creations are always wonderful.

Lagene said...

Gorgeous Fathers Day card! Love the texture & distressing!

ahlers5 said...

Beautiful Father's Day card. Thanks for joining us at Wags 'n Whiskers.
Diane

Amanda said...

Fabulous card - I love the embossed background. Thanks for joining in with our challenge at Craft Your Days Away.

Amanda

seamom said...

I really like this card! Especially the way you included both "father" and "husband". Very nice!

kim.mom said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this card!!! The texture is wonderful!!! Great job! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft us Crazy!

The Mama Monkey said...

Beautiful distressed background! I love the color and texture!!

Donna Mosley said...

Oh wow! Grace, this is amazing. Love the vintage look. Thanks for joining us at Little Claire's.

Donna x

Teri said...

Perfect Fathers Day card hun!
Thanks for playing in the Delicious Doodles challenge this week, and good luck with the draw!
Hugs,
Teri x

Unknown said...

A lovely card the image is great thanks for playing at StampinSanity this week
Luv Jane xxx

Kelley said...

Love it! Even cooler in person! Thanks!!! hugs!

Jennipher said...

Such an elegant Father's Day creation.

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

your card is just beautiful!!! I love clocks/watches. Thank you for joining us at Simply Create for our Dad/Father's Challenge

Diane
Simply Create Design Team
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com/

Colleen Dietrich said...

Grace this has such a 'wow' factor! I love it. Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends this week.

Lou Mac said...

Ohhhh!! I love the whole vintage-y feel of this! I love the stamping onto the twine ribbon - such a neat touch!

Thanks for joining us over at PaperPlay Challenges for our 'Father's Day/ Man's Card' Challenge this week. Good luck!

xo Lou Mac.

Unknown said...

This is lovely Grace! Such a great color scheme for a masculine card!

Lori said...

Love the image and all of the texture on your card!!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Oh wow!!! I didn't know over heating it made it loose it's shine! Thanks for that tip! I'm not a fan of shiney either. I love that you stamped on the twill. It turned out great! Wonderful masculine card Grace!

Larelyn said...

This is a fabulous card! thanks for sharing at Delightful challenges.

Kathy D. said...

I can never get clocks images to work out for me but you nailed this! Perfect! Thanks for distressing with us at Clearly Inspired Challenge #29 at www.clearlyistamp.typepad.com

Hope to see you Friday as challenge #30 comes out!

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

Wonderful card: thanks so much for playing along with us at StampInsanity this week :D

darling Ho said...

Wow! What an amazing man's card! Love the vintage style.
Thanks for sharing it. ~~darling Ho~SMC-DT, SC-DT~

Francesca said...

Fantastic card thanks for joining us at SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE this week
hugs
Francesca

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh Grace, I am so very late in leaving you a comment once again...please forgive me!!! This card is beyond awesome!! So much texture and gorgeousness...thanks for sharing this masterpiece!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Anonymous said...

Arrangements of cups and its background setting have done so gorgeously...
Plastic Business Cards
Plastic Business Cards
Plastic Business Cards

Basslady said...

i totally love the look of your card!

GREAT job!

your comments are always welcome, for me there is no "late"... ;-)
i appreciate your friendly words every time, dear sista!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo