Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Sower of Good Seed...

Tiger-Lily

Hello friends!  I hope you enjoyed your weekend and are refreshed and ready for the week ahead!  Today I'm sharing a card I made using Our Daily Bread designs newest release, Tiger Lily and The Good Seed.  I made it for a couple of challenges:  ODBD's Shining The Light Challenge (to use dots or stripes) and the sketch is from Sketch & Stash.

Tiger-Lily-FS-detail

I used Bo Bunny Forever Fall designer paper, colored the image with Copics and then sponged with Distress inks around all my layers, including the image.  I added Ultra Fine Black Flower Soft to the stamens of the lilies.   I dyed Martha Stewart seam binding (spritzed the orangish shade with Mustard Seed Glimmer Mist, crinkled up, dried and tied.  The little watering can is a brad from my stasgh, and the bling was from ACMoore quite a long time ago.  I did some piercing around the edges of the card and the image is popped up on dimensionals.  Hope  you like it!

I am also entering this in the following challenges:
Bearly Mine -Flowers Flowers Flowers, Creative Card Crew -  Anything Goes, Paper Take Weekly - Anything Goes, Ribbon Carousel Challenge - must include ribbon - Anything Goes, Craft Your Passion - Flowers, Crafty Boots Anything Goes, Happileigh Scrappin - SIO - Autumn/Fall (Colours: Brown, Orange), Woodware USA -  Anything Goes, Aly's Sunday Challenge - Bows, Pile It On - B is for.... I used a Bow, Scrappy Frogs -Bling, Catch The Bug - September Anythings Goes, Secret Crafter - #150 Colours of Autumn

29 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

What a beautiful creation, thank you so much for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday challenge
Hugs Kate xx
PS I have new candy if you are interested :)

Jan Keen said...

Oh I love your tiger lilys and the beautiful fall colours, so striking, but I love the verse, this is a very nice set for Sept. Gorgeous card hun!!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous card with such beautiful colors! Thank you for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

kiwimeskreations said...

This is beautiful Grace - love those tiger lilys ;-)
Blessings
Maxine

CraftygasheadZo said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Boots. Zo x

Hellma said...

Beautiful card Grace, the colors are lovely.

Sue said...

Oh WOW your card is stunning, such beautiful colours, absolutely gorgeous...I love it:)

thank you for joining us at SnS

sue
xx

Nancy said...

An exquisite creation!! I adore the colors!! Thanks for joining us this week at Woodware USA!!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Grace - this is amazing - I love your colours - totally autumnal and gorgeous!! your details are always amazing - thanks you for always bringing something gorgeous for us to see! I hope you are having a blessed week my friend! {{{hugs}}}

Unknown said...

Takes my breath away. I love the colors and the new stamp sets. Gorgeous flower soft on the lily centers!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how gorgeous Grace!! I just love your bright colors, the seam binding, your layout, and the watering can charm! Beautiful layout!! Thanks for supporting the Shining the Light challenge my friend!! You are soooooo appreciated!
hugs,
Chris

McCrafty's Cards said...

What a Beautiful card, great take on our sketch, thanks for joining in with us at Sketch N Stash.
Kevin xx

E. Marie said...

Grace, your card is so beautiful!! Love the coloring and how you added the flower soft. That watering can brad is so cute.

Susan Paul said...

Gorgeous card, fabulous coloring. Beautiful ribbon too. Thanks for joining us at Happileigh Scrappin' this week.

Linda Carson said...

Picture perfect Ms. Grace!

velta said...

stunningly beautiful Grace!! your coloring is fabulous, as always! Loving the colors too!

Joanne (jojot) said...

so vibrant and gorgeous....a real WOW....

Danielle Daws said...

Oh wow! This is breathtaking! I love everything about it. Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Carousel Challenge this week!

Margaret said...

This is so, so beautiful. You are one very talented lady and an inspiration :o) Margaret xx

Margaret said...

Oops! I was so taken with your card that I forgot to say thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew for this challenge :o)

Jodi said...

This is just stunning - your colors are wonderfully rich and vibrant. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us at Craft Your Passion. I look forward to seeing more of your work soon!
Hugs,
Jodi

Tammy Miller said...

What a great Card thanks so much for joining our Sept Anything Goes Challenge! Tammy DT Coordinator

The Mama Monkey said...

Oh my gosh, the colors on this are just stunning, Grace! Love it!

Star said...

Oh, this is gorgeous!! I love Tiger Lilies...they are my favorite flower. =D Thanks for playing with us this week at Happileigh Scrappin'!

xx Star

Dee's Craft Room said...

Great card. I like your use of colour and textures.

Thank you for entering the first Crafty Boots challenge.

Dionne

Cards By MI said...

Stunning card! Looks smashing! Thanks for playing with us over at BMC this time. Please join us again next time for another fun challenge!
Love n hugs
Marie

NancyD said...

Grace, this is soooo beautiful! I love the RICH colors. NancyD

Amy Tidd said...

Stunning card!! Thanks for playing along with the first crafty boots challenge! Amyxx

Merlyn said...

Wonderful :) Love the colours:)