Friday, December 16, 2011

Daisies for a dreary winter day!

Daisies-2

Hello everyone!
Today's Free4 All on SCS was to use flowers!  How fun, especially since Our Daily Bread designs just came out with this awesome Daisy/ Black Eyed Susan set this month! 

I stamped the Daisy/ Black Eyed Susan image twice so I could cut out and pop up the center flower.. The base is Gina K, the dp is Recollections (green) and Lasting Impressions (yellow). I used a SB Lace Doily Motif and Sizzix and CB EFs.  The pearls are Hero Arts, and the ribbon was from my stash.

 I hope you all are enjoying this blessed time of year.... celebrating with family and friends, enjoying the wonderful music of the season, the sights and sounds we all hold so dear.... but most of all, I hope you are taking time to reflect on that priceless gift that was given to us 2000+ years ago, and are finding the JOY and PEACE that comes as a result of receiving that gift!!!
hugs,

 

11 comments:

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Ooo, gorgeous, Grace! It is alive with sunshine and life!

May you have a special Christmas this year with many joyous family memories and full hearts.

Lots of love, Laura

Unknown said...

Hello Grace, wow now does that look like spring or what?!! I'm afraid w have a while to go though before the flowers are blooming again! Can't wait, I'm a summer girl. Love your card, really cheered me up. Hugs, Frea

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Grace! Your beautiful flowers scream sunshine and warmth! There is neither here today. Hugs to you!

Becky said...

Just beautiful, Grace....very Springy and I'm already ready for it and winter hasn't officially arrived yet, lol! May you & your family have a joyous holiday and a blessed New Year....

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Grace this is fabulous - love the way you have lifted the centre daisy and moulded the petals. The colours are beautiful too.

I trust you and yours are at peace.
Blessings
Maxine

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

So bright, vibrant and gorgeous Grace!! I just love your use of dp, embossing and patterns!! Stunning coloring and design!! So springy!! Is it spring yet? It has been in the 20's this weekend. LOL! I've missed chatting with you. TTYS!!
hugs,
Chris

Riet said...

So beautiful card Grace,I love the image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

seamom said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Kristine said...

WOW is this every GORGEOUS!! The colors are so fresh and delightful. LOVE daisies... they've always been my faves.

Shirley said...

A really beautiful use of embossing and lace doily! I really like the way you layered your daisy too! Gorgeous!!

Kristine said...

I know I already commented on this Grace, but I'm perusing your blog to see which one to CASE for this week and this just keeps POPPING out at me. I just really LOVE this color combo and summeryness (??) of it. I bet I could find some pearls etc. although mine prolly won't compare but I'd like to try! :) Daisies are my faves--I think because they're so simple and innocent. Reminds me of childhood. Beautiful inspiration!! *Ü*
Hugs,
kris