Saturday, February 11, 2012

It is Well at Dawn and all the time!

It-is-Well
Hello my friends!  I have a quick card to share today.  I entered this into the SCS inspiration challenge today, which was to find your inspiration from a wonderful photography site, Better Photo.   I chose this photo, because I loved the hues in the lovely water scene at dawn!  I also wanted to play in this week's H-E-A-R-T challenge over at Let Your Light Shine challenge at ODBD.  For this challenge we were to use at least 3 things that started with any of the letters in the word HEART.  I used Hymn, Embellishments, Airbrush, and Twine.


I used Our Daily Bread designs It Is Well With My Soul Hymn BG, and airbrushed it with Copics.  I used The Mighty Sea for my focal point, stamping with Memento and coloring with Copics.  I piereced around the edges, added some twine and sea shell charms, and left it simple for a masculine card. 


This passage comes to mind as I ponder the words of this wonderful old hymn:
Isaiah 43:2
“When you go through deep waters,
I will be with you.
When you go through rivers of difficulty,
you will not drown.
When you walk through the fire of oppression,
you will not be burned up;
the flames will not consume you.” (NLT)

Trusting that even if you are in the deep waters right now... that God fills you with His peace and you can truly say, "It Is Well With My Soul".

I am linking up to the following:

Blessings,


23 comments:

Andi said...

What a beautiful card! I love the hymn on it too!

Clare said...

Beautiful, Grace!

I figured out how to put music on my blog! Yay!

I love the bookmark you made, too! Awesome!

Hugs,
Clare

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Grace! I love how you shaded the background and focal image! Beautiful details! Hope it's warmer up there - it's only in the 30s here today! Brrr...

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Grace.

Hugs Riet.xx

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Grace. This is absoultely BEAUTIFUL and so inspiring. Love the post as well. I would LOVE to have you link up in our current challenge. WOW!
Also, our Blog Hop is going now through Monday if you have time to "hop" for some awesome prizes.
Hope God is blessing your week. Thanks for sharing this.
Blessings,
Karen L - Social Media Coordinator
wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Wow!!! This is absolutely gorgeous Grace. The waves look so brilliant blue, great job with that.

Anonymous said...

Your card is very pretty....the music is soul touching....Mary from New Orleans

Anonymous said...

Grace, This card is beautiful! And things truly are "well with my soul" for the first time in a long time! God Bless you . . . Hugs, Magi

Being Mrs Miles said...

Hi Grace,

I decided to track you back from your visit to my blog and say hello and leave some love here!

So glad I did, for I think your card is amazing!

Hope you have a creative blessed weekend.

Barb

Elaine M said...

Oh My! Such a lovely card!

Cards By Jan said...

Wow!! What a BEAUTIFUL scene you created here, I love your colouring first of all!!, and second love the air brushing!! it all goes together so well, hugs

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Ooo, your card overflows with richness and depth! Gorgeous!

Hugs!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Super gorgeous, Grace! What a clever design! The hymn in the background is perfect!! Love and hugs, Angie

Becky said...

Grace, this is stunning! Gorgeous colors and love the charms.
Hugs & Blessings :)

Joan Fricker said...

Beautiful Grace. Love that song and yes it is well with my soul. What a blessing! Thanks for your ministry!!

Sherry Kushibab said...

Grace, Love this set and can't wait to get mine and play with it. Your card is truly inspirational, I can almost feel the breeze of the sea on my face as the music plays softly. How appropriate all this is as I sit to read for our Bible Study later "If You Want to Walk on The Water, You've Got to Get Out of The Boat".

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace this is beautiful - I love everything about it! It is good to hear 'it is well with your soul':-)
Blessings
Maxine

Betsye Rose said...

I love the colors on this card! It is so beautiful!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Grace, I just love this card with all the colors in the background and the mounted image!! Stunning layout and design!! You are such an inspiration!! Thanks for supporting the Shining the Light challenge and me my friend!! I could not be blessed with a better friend!!
hugs,
Chris

Clare Curcio said...

Hi, Grace! Thank you for your kind comments! I love getting to know others by asking a question and reading their answers. I can't imagine having a reaction so severe to a spider bite like you have! I know my daughter and grandson got hot red welts about 3" in diameter when they were bit by a 'squito. Even spaghetti sauce on their cheeks made them turn red and get little welts. Very sensitive skin!

Happy Valentines Day!
Hugs,
Clare

gwen said...

WOW !!! Love your amazing card, love how you stamped the hymn in the background !!!

Rosemary said...

this is a stunner, grace!!!

E. Marie said...

Grace, your card is absolutely gorgeous!!