Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Thinking of You with Flower Soft

FSChurch Lilacs

Hello friends!  Happy Wednesday!  Who's ready for something spring?

Today I have a Flower Soft card to share with you.  I love this stuff!  This is a preprinted topper from the Country Village Kit, that I simply decorated with flower soft and popped up parts of the image.  I added the sweet fence from a custom fence die from Our Daily Bread designs, and the flower soft sentiment.  I used a Coredinations base and some Martha Stewart seam binding and done. 

FSChurch-Lilacs-detail

To shape the flower soft more than just scattering it onto the glue, I like to place the glue where I want it, pour on the flower soft, tap off the excess, then I use my piercer point to carefully gather it together and shape it. So for the lilacs for example, I kept pushing the edges into little vertical lines which created a definite edge, and popped up what was in the center of the lilac more, giving more definition.   As it dries it becomes very easy to "mold" to the exact shape you want.  If you use your piercer, don't use it like you are piercing your paper, but hold it closer to perpendicular to the paper... so you are using the point but not risking piercing the paper.  I hope I'm explaining that OK!  LOL!

These kits are very fun to work with and you get a lot in a pack!  I encourage you to give them a try!!!

I am entering this in the following challenges:
 Creative Mondays -  Anything Goes, Lollipop Crafts - Anything Goes, Make it Monday - always Anything Goes,  MyGrafico - Flowers, Paper Pretties - Spring, Stamps R Us -  Anything Goes, The Crazy Challenge - Use a Die or Punch, Stampin' Sisters in ChristYour image must be or include a flower, Scrappy Frogs - Die Cuts,
Have a blessed week!

31 comments:

Amy said...

This is lovely! Reminds me of A T.Kincaid in a way.

Amy said...

This is lovely! Reminds me of A T.Kincaid in a way.

Rene said...

Oh my...this is absolutely gorgeous!!!! Thank you so much for joining us at Make it Monday! Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning Good luck!
Rene :D

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Wow! Your cards lately look like paintings that should be framed! Inspiring beauty, Grace!

Unknown said...

Hello Grace, this is absolutely lovely! I have lots of Flower Soft en use it often on my cards!! Hugs, Frea

Becky said...

Grace, this is a beautiful work of art....I agree with another comment that it resembles a Thomas Kincade painting...just gorgeous! Hope you are doing well...we are ready for Spring here for sure!!!

Karen W said...

This is gorgeous!!

Carla S. said...

This is gorgeous, Grace! I love the pretty scene you created! Thanks for the tips on using the Flower Soft! Hugs!

JD/ Jill said...

Oh Wow! This is absolutely beautiful! Would you believe I have some flower soft, from ages ago, and I have never used it? I guess I should get the courage to get it out and try it, I know your card sure encouraged me to try...

Mary Ann said...

very beautiful...love it

Traci M said...

Grace, this is soooo very lovely!! Your popped up scene with all the lilacs reminds me of some places we traveled in Europe with the old churches and ivy trellises!! Such a peaceful scene, and I love your added fence border. It is so wonderful to see you on the SSIC challenge this week!! Thanks for joining us, and wishing you a blessed week!

marsha said...

Grace,
This is just stunning! I love the scene and the fence really makes it pop!
Hugs,
Marsha

Unknown said...

I don't think I've ever seen flower soft used so well or so expertly. That is beautiful.

Clare said...

Grace, this is so pretty! I forget about having products because they're out-of-sight. I'll have to dig out my Flower Soft. This is gorgeous! Was it hard to get the dimension and "drop" look on the lilacs?

Crystal said...

Oh my word Grace this is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love love the scene you created and how you used the flower soft!!! Absolutely GORGEOUS hun!!!

Miesje said...

Excuse for a minute while I pick up my jaw! WOWSA! So pretty - I really think I catch a whiff of lavender! Love it Grace - so glad you played along, always love seeing your name!

Birgit said...

I love this! Wonderful scene and the way you used the flower soft makes me WOW...
I saw your card at MIM and fell in love with it.
Higs, Birgit

Kelley said...

Wow, Grace! This would be a great companion card to the other beauty you made!! Love the fence die with it!!

Cheryl said...

Simply gorgeous! The detail and your coloring are amazing. This so reminds me of where we've spent Summers with my grandparents.

Dawn said...

Gorgeous! Love your use of flower soft! Thank you for joining in at Creative Mondays!

Познавате ме като "Точица", "щурчо", "Елфи", "КрасИва" или може би не ме познавате? said...

Wow...I love this wonderful scene and your stunning coloring..I like the fence die with it and the nice details you use! Great work!
Thanks for joining us at CCH# 107 Use a die or punch this week! Krassi

Wendy M said...

WOW! Stunning card Grace xx

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Good grief...beautiful, stunning, and awesome!!! So glad I saw it MIM.

MariLynn said...

Grace, this really needs a frame around it!! Love those purple flowers!!! Hugs and blessings!!!

Marimer said...

Preciosa, Grace, super cretiva.
Enhorabuena.
Besitos.

Sandee Shanabrough said...

{gasp!} Grace this is stunning!

Traci S. said...

Hi Grace~

I have a set of these in my work table...I love it, but I haven't used it yet. I wasn't sure how to set it on a card base and what to do with it then. Thank you for such a beautiful example.

He IS Able!
Traci Starkweather

You May Receive 1-5 Cards Weekly!
http://He-IS-Able.blogspot.com

Dawn B. said...

Great suggestion on the Flower Soft. I have always had a hard time getting it to cover well. Great addition of the fence. Love this.

Kristine said...

oh wow Grace, this is just GORGEOUS!! Loving the image and of course all your flower soft--sooo pretty! Love the fence along the bottom also. I'm in awe.

Kris Turner said...

Grace, this is a gorgeous card showcasing a wonderful, calming sentiment. Love the small scrolled embossing which beautifully sets off the vines. And the colors are gorgeous!

scootingranny said...

Oh, my. Your card makes me want to live there!