Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The beauty of dreams



The-beauty-of-dreams

Hello friends!  I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day!  I had a wonderful day at my daughter's house, and then on Monday the kids talked me in to bringing them home with me so they are here for most of the rest of this week.  How fun!  We have been fishing, canoeing and watching videos, among other things.  It has however limeted my creative time!

I did manage to slip one quick in one today, using this week's Mojo Sketch.  I used the sentiment from this month's release at Our Daily Bread designs, Dreams.  I also used the butterfly from Butterfly Corner.  I colored with Copics and added some sparkle to the butterfly's body with a Spica Pen.  The base is Papertrey and the designer paper is BoBunny Country Garden.  LOVE this paper! I used Spellbinder's Classic Ovals Large and Floral Ovals.   I used black twill ribbon.  So... quick and easy but perfect for the graduate and we have several coming up!

I also made this for this week's Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge, which is to use any kind of animal, bug or bird.   The Scripture this week is
 “Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and
of every kind of creature that moves along the ground
will come to you to be kept alive.”  Genesis 6:20
Be sure to stop by and read Peggysue's devotional as it will bless your heart!


Another thought for a graduate... or any one for that matter:
Col 3:23
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I love knowing you visited!!!

hugs,

15 comments:

Basslady said...

this is so striking and beautiful!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Gisela said...

Gorgeous card and love the music.

Joan Robertson said...

What a beautiful card. It stands out!

Anonymous said...

Grace, once again we are priviledged to view a lovely card that is so fresh and lovely. Thank you once again for sharing your wonderful talents. I bet you are having a great time with the grandkids! Take care until the next time.
Fondly,
Kay Lusnak
Tulsa, OK

marion said...

Simply awesome !! Hugs, Marion

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful Grace - stunning with the gold butterfly and the black.
Blessings
Maxine

Becky said...

This is beautiful Grace. Gorgeous colors on the butterfly.

Clare Curcio said...

Beautiful work, even when you've been busy with family! I've just ordered the new Floral Ovals die set, and can't wait to see it in person! Wonderful, Grace!

Marisa said...

Great take on this week's mojo sketch. Lovely card!

britgirl58 said...

Very nice card, but I am afraid I always cut my visit to your site short. The song is very nice, but it always the same one, and gets more than irritating. Is there any way t turn it off?

Grace said...

Hi britgirl.... the answer to your question is yes.... YOU can change what you listen to on my blog. The playbox is at the bottom of the page and you can turn it off, or click on the song you'd like to hear... your choice. In the meantime, I have changed the order of songs that play, but I have about 40 people who write asking for the music when I remove it for every one who doesn't like it, so I have left the play box on. Sorry if the song annoyed you!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Grace - it is lovely to see you - I do miss you at SSIC but love it when you can join in! Love this card and that beautiful butterfly, especially with the gorgeous papers!! It is great to see you at Stampin' Sisters in Christ this week - we appreciate your support! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team

Unknown said...

Grace so glad you had a good time with the grand kids, nothing like creating those memories! We do miss you! This is so beautiful and we're all so pleased you found time to play along with this week's challenge. Hugs!

Ellie Knol said...

Yhis is so gorgeous! I LOVE the way you combined the patterned paper with the stamped image and text!
That blue paper, with only the text on it, is that also from Bo Bunny?


...and the person you answered in the comments here about the music on your blog- she will not receive this message....
You will have to answer her via her yahoo-accout when she's got a no-reply blogger account; if not, you can e-mail her via e-mail.
Don't know what I mean? - just e-mail me... I'm willing to help.

Michelle said...

Grace
What a great sentiment and a beautiful card! I love the die you used behind the sentiment. After I buy my new laptop I need to get some great dies. Thanks for joining us at SSiC this week.
Blessings,
Michelle