Friday, May 18, 2012

Write your sorrows in the Sand and blessings in Stone!


Hello friends!  I hope you are enjoying a wonderful weekend!   I have a new project to share with you today.  This is one of those $1.00 wood frames found at Michael's.  I covered the face of the frame with K&Co Blue Awning dp, still one of my all time faves!  I then used T Holtz Distress Inks to paint the edges of the frame, and sponge around the edges of the paper.  I stamped the image from Our Daily Bread designs The Mighty Sea with Memento Ink and colored with Copics, really not even doing much shading... just letting the image determine the shaded areas!  I inserted the picture and some sturdy backing into the frame, then I spread Muddpuddles Malibu Beach onto the sand area in the foreground.  While it was wet I added various tiny shells and pressed into the sand.  I then let that dry.

 
The sentiment is from ODBD's Count the Waves set.  I stamped it on a small shipping label and sponged the edges with distress ink and did the same to the white string that came with the label.  I cut a small corner of fishnet for my lower edge, and then tucked some larger shells behind the net, and hot glued some in front of the net.  I adhered a piece of corrugated cardboard that I tore, then added the sentiment tag to that.  For the outside edge of my frame I used some braided twine ribbon I found at Hancock Fabric.  I hot glued that on with a high heat glue stick. 

I hope you enjoyed this little project!  It didn't really take that long and I am pleased with how it came out.   Isn't this sentiment great?  You know... there is a lot of wisdom in this little sentiment!  If we would be willing to let God wash away  our sorrows and just hold on to our many blessings, I think gratitude would dominate our thoughts and emotions.  It's so hard to let go some times.... those painful things just raise up their ugly heads... but we are indeed sooo blessed, and how wonderful it is to be able to make those the cornerstones of our thoughts!


I am entering this in the following challenges:
 Delicious Doodles - Try Something New (Muddpuddles), Inspire Me Fridays – Always Anything Goes, Moving Along With The TimesKeep it real - no fantasy figures, Paper Play -Destruction - tearing, distressing, grunge, etc, Shelly's Images- Anything goes, Word Art Wednesday- based on Scripture & free digi

 I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  Thanks so much for looking... I love knowing you were here!

20 comments:

Patti J said...

Grace, this took my breath away. Truly, it's an awesome project. Love your words, too, my friend. Thanks for sharing! Hugs...

Darlene said...

Oh Grace this is just stunning! I just bought that ODB stamp set at convention here in Akron and needed inspiration for using it! So glad you shared it with us at Shelly's Images ... just the inspiration I needed! ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!
Have a fabulous weekend and Thanks so much for joining our "SHOW US WHAT YOU GOT" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
Darlene
Shelly's Images DT
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

joyced said...

This is absolutely beautiful. The Lord truly used you to give me this message when I really needed it. I'm not at all crafty so I'll just repin from Pinterest where I found you. I can enjoy looking at it there. Hanging my laptop on my wall with this pic isn't an option. lol God bless!

Riet said...

Thiis is so wonderful Grace.

Hugs Riet.xx

Linda Wescott said...

A stunning project, and I love the sentiment. Great work. Hugs lin

Becky said...

Grace, I do believe this is the most beautiful & touching creation I have ever seen.....all of you special touches just really touch my heart! I so love that Mighty Sea set....now I must get Count the Waves as well, lol!!! Thanks for some inspiration this morning!!!

Becky said...

wow..This is gorgeous.

Marimer said...

Maravilloso trabajo, me encanta visitarte y ver estas preciosidades.
Enhorabuena.

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace this is just so beautiful and serene, love all your details - and yes, we do need to leave the hard times and memories in God's hands....
Blessings
Maxine

Wendy Swenne said...

Wow, this is beautiful! Love the colors, the shells and piece of a fishing net.
And the quote is just beautiful!

Thanks for playing along with WAW.

Wendy

Claire said...

A beautiful creation, love the image and gorgeous elements like the shells and beachy theme. Thanks for playing along with MAWTT this week. Hugs, Claire x

JD/ Jill said...

This is so beautiful and creative!

Linda M. said...

Hello Grace, Your piece is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your techniques, I'm not familiar with all of the products you mentions but I love the effect. Sea shells are among my favorite things. I'm a new follower, I'm visiting from WAW, a group new to me. Joyous Wishes, Linda

April said...

You did such a wonderful job! I love it!

Bette said...

Grace!
This is breathtaking! What a beautiful color combination! I enjoy all of your posts, however this ONE is very special.

Debs said...

A truly beautiful card - so many gorgeous details - I love it!
Thanks for playing along with us at MAWTT this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Wendy @ ECTaS said...

Absolutely stunning! I'm a sucker for beach themes and this is just fantabulous!

Sheri said...

Oh Grace! My goodeness, this is stunning! Thank you so much for joining us at PaperPlay! :)

Gemiel said...

Grace, this is absolutely stunning!!! I'm so glad you decided to share it with us over at Word Art Wednesday.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Gorgeous Grace!! Love your framing and the shells!! Beautiful coloring!!
hugs,
Chris