Thursday, May 3, 2012

Congratulations! You did it!

Congratulations-you-did-it!

Hello friends!  I hope you are looking forward to a wonderful weekend!  I have one quick card to share with you that I made with this month's newly released set, Dreams, from Our Daily Bread designs.  This time of year is filled with graduation celebrations, and so I thought I'd make a quick card that would be appropriate for graduation but other occasions as well!  Any achievement can be celebrated with this stamp set, and so simply and quickly! (Just a note here... the sleeve for this set shown on the store link I gave you does not show the one stamp sentiment that is in the set, "You did it", which I love!)  I used SU! White and Black card stock,  embossing the top layer with a QuiKutz folder, then die cutting the leafy flourishes (Marianne) and punching the various sizes for the flowers.  I used my embossing pad and tools to bend and give shape to the petals, then adhered the layers together.  For a touch of elegance I added silver microbeads to the centers and along parts of the petal edges.  The flowers are Carl Punches, and the fern punch is Punch Bunch.  All these were purchased from my local stamping store.  I repurposed the ribbon from a gift, and the You did it sentiment is cut with a Spellbinders Tags 5 die and tied on with silver cording.  This is REAL CAS for me, but I like how it came out and I hope to make several like this for the rack I have at my church where people can take any cards they like, and any donations go to missions.

I made this for this week's Shining the Light Challenge over on the ODBD blog... no designer paper!  

Thanks for taking a peek!  I have more for you shortly, but for now... have a wonderful weekend!



14 comments:

Becky said...

This is stunning Grace. The black and white is so elegant and love how you did those flowers.

Greta said...

I love this card, Grace. Immediately caught my eye--beautiful!

marion said...

This is gorgeous, and a briljant colour combo. Lovely flowers. Hugs, Marion

kiwimeskreations said...

Absolutely stunning! Love it.
Blessings
Maxine

Pati said...

Very pretty, very elegant. Love the CAS style, the black & white combo, and the flowers with the silver micro beads!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous CAS design, Grace! Very, very elegant! Love the black and white combo with the touch of silver! Have a great weekend! Hugs!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

A strikingly beautiful card, Grace!

Dawn B. said...

This is beautiful Grace. I really like the elegance of black and white together. You are so special to do this for your church. Such a giving person.. Hugs..

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Simple Elegance Grace!! I just love this!! Your black and white and the design is so eye catching. Thanks for supporting the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!! You are so appreciated my friend!!
Have a great weekend!!
hugs,
Chris

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so beautiful

Sherry Kushibab said...

Black and white always look so lovely, it may be CAS for you but I still see the 'Grace touch' in the flowers...Just beautiful. Love that these help raise money for missions.

JD/ Jill said...

Stunning!

Joanne (jojot) said...

so beautifully dramatic

Traci S. said...

Hi Grace~

I have missed you so much! I am now doing a bit better and up to visiting blogs and such! You, my friend, are in my prayers daily, whether you hear from me or not.

This is such an elegant card. It would be a stunning Mother's Day Card also for a New Mom. I have wondered how to use my microbeads that I bought many years ago! Thanks for the idea. This is just beautiful!

He IS Able!
Traci Starkweather

You May Receive 1-5 Cards! Visit:
http://He-IS-Able.blogspot.com