Monday, May 7, 2012

Pop out Z fold card!

Congratulations-Z-fold Hello my friends!  I hope your week is going well!  I have a kind of fun card to share with you today that was made with this month's release from Our Daily Bread designs, Happy Retirement and Dreams, as well as Mini Tags 1.  I also played with a new fold, creating a sort of pop out from my z fold.  I stamped the image three times, lining up with my Stamp-a-ma-jig.  (Couldn't live without that thing! LOL!)  Anyway... colored with Copics and pastel chalks, then used reinkers and a toothbrush to splatter on the top and bottom borders.  I added some Prima flowers, punched greenery and natural twine, to fit this week's Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge, which is based on 1 John 2:4-6
“Whoever says, ‘I know him’, but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him.       
But whoever keeps his word, the love of God is truly
perfected in him.”  
The challenge is to use something real or natural.  Then just for the fun of it, I wanted to add something that would pop up from the pop out of the card.... so I took a paper lantern decoration from the party store, cut it down to umbrella shape, added a toothpick handle, and voila.... an umbrella that folds flat when the card is closed, but pops open with the card is opened.  I hope this will make someone smile! Wouldn't you just love to be on that beach right now?  I would!!!

I also am submitting this to the following challenges:
 Catered Crop The Letter "B" (beach), The Hybrid Chick Card CaravanNature, Crafters Companion - Here comes Summer, A Gem of a ChallengePink Blue and Green, and Word Art Wednesday - Scripture or Encouragement.  You should really check out this blog!  There's always free digis of wonderful Scriptures and lots of great inspiration as well! 


Well that's it for me for now!  Thanks for stopping!!!
hugs,

 

21 comments:

Patti J said...

Oh my gosh, Grace - this is WAY too much fun! Love every single thing about it! Thanks for sharing :) Hugs...

JD/ Jill said...

Such a cute creative card...very nicely done!

kiwimeskreations said...

This is beautiful Grace - love the 'sunset' sky and the pop of pink on the umbrella and flowers.
Blessings
Maxine

Becky said...

WOW Grace...what a stunner this is! I love the beach anyway and this really calls out to me, lol....beautiful work as always and lovely coloring!

Becky said...

WOW Grace, this is just awesome.. I love this. :)

Carla S. said...

Fantastic card, Grace! I love the Z-fold design and pop-up! You created such a gorgeous scene!

Kristine said...

SUPER FABBY Grace!! I can't wait for our summer vacation at the oregon coast. Love your beach umbrella, the speckled cardstock, the whole scene with sunset---this is such a beauty!! Thanks for sharing it with us at SSiC *Ü* Have a blessed week!
kris

marion said...

It looks gorgeous ! Hugs, Marion

Lenoria said...

This is a beautiful card and YES I would love to be at the beach!

Bobbi Miller said...

cute! cute! and CUTER! What a FUN card! Love how the lake just seems to be flowing slowly.... and the umbrella is so adorable! You make the nicest things! Thanks for sharing!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so cute

Traci M said...

Hi Grace!! This is the cutest card...love your folding umbrella and extended beachy scene!! Your fold is genius! love it! Thanks so much for sharing with SSiC!

Helen Dooley said...

This is beautiful! youre amazing, Hugs!

Clare Curcio said...

This makes me want to catch a plane to Florida! Wonderful card!

I hope you and Alan are well, and that his job is going well, too!

Hugs,
Clare

Diane Noble said...

Hello, sweet friend! This card is so fun and beautifully done. Love the fold...every element perfectly showcased as usual. You have amazing talent. How are you? It's been so long since we've chatted. Hope all is going well for you. It always a delight when our cyber paths cross! Thanks for playing along with the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge too. It fits perfectly and we appreciate the extra inspiration!

somethingcraftybydottie said...

Hi Grace:
Just wanted to let you know I stopped in to see what you made now that is beautiful as always well to my surprise it is just gorgeous not just beautiful. such talent God Blessed you with .
God Bless
Hugs
Dotttie

Janet said...

Beautiful card, thank you for joining AGOAC x

Karen Letchworth said...

Grace: You never disappoint! I just love the fold in this card, and how you popped up your little umbrella right there in the fold is just TOO cute, my friend. This would be another wonderful card for our challenge at Word Art Wednesday, and we'd really love to see you enter it. We don't have many participants this week, so chances of winning increase. Not to mention, we just plain LOVE having you play along and share your beautiful work with us. Hope your weekend is extra wonderful, and we'd love to see you!
Blessings,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

This is a wonderful card. Blessings!

MariLynn said...

Grace, what a pretty card. Love the little umbrella. Hope you are having a blessed day!!!

Anonymous said...

your card is absolutely beautiful and creative! do you have instructions on how to make that pop out on the z fold...that is something i haven't seen before and would love to try it.