Saturday, May 26, 2012

A sneak peek and a sale!

Hello friends!  I'm so sorry it's been so long since I posted but I have had a very busy week!  I have created a few things however, and today I want to share a little sneak peek at one of the FANTABULOUS sets coming your way June 1 from Our Daily Bread designs Isn't this image awesome?!!!  I'm loving all the sets coming out and can't wait for the full reveal coming up Friday!  In the mean time... Kelley is having a Memorial Day Sale which you can read about HERE.  She is ALSO giving free shipping on orders over $20.00 through Monday the 28th!  So have fun!!!

This card actually uses two of the new sets: Bicycle and Thank You.  I'm so in love with this image and the Thank You sentiments are so perfectly sized for cards and tags, and I love the font!  Just can't wait to share the rest with you but this will have to do it for now!  I used SU! for my base and My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Rosy for the designer paper.  The image is colored with Memento and then gone over with Spica Pen for shimmer.  The ribbon is May Arts wrinkled ribbon and was tied with Becca's Bow Maker, available at ODBD. 

I did want to wish all my American friends a happy and blessed Memorial Day!  This is a time to focus our minds and thoughts on all those who have given the supreme sacrifice for our freedom, and we are grateful!  While giving thanks, lets also remember to PRAY for our nation!  Never before have we strayed so far from our roots and that for which our forefathers gave their lives is today sneered at and even called discriminatory!  Even the intent in our constitution has been twisted and changed to mean nothing close to the intent of our founding fathers!  It breaks my heart to hear our president say "America is no longer a Christian nation".... but he's right, we are not.  My question is.... how can we expect God to continue to bless this nation as He has when we no longer want Him in our schools, our courthouses, our stadiums or even on our money?   So please... PRAY for America!  We desperately need to turn back to God!

I am celebrating the weekend with all my family here, and we have lots planned from picnics, boating, swimming.... to moving the 15 TONS of rock we had delivered this week! LOL!  It's a BIG job but with many hands helping, we hope we can make light work of it!  Our grandson is saving up for a car (which he can get a learners permit to drive in 6 months!!!!) so he is trying to earn money for that, and we are more than willing to pay for his help!  So with a mix of hard work and play, we still will have a great time, and the good news is they are here for the whole week, so I have lots of fun things planned as well!

I hope you and yours are enjoying a wonderful weekend as well!  May God bless you all, and God Bless America!

Grace


8 comments:

Karen W said...

Oh Wow I like these sets, the bike and fence is fabulous. Wonderful card!!

Becky said...

Grace, this is fabulous...love, love, love that bike and fence. Have fun with your family and don't overdo, lol....now I'm off to the ODBD store to find some treasures!!!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Grace.

Hugs Riet.xx

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, Grace! Thanks for Grace's words of wisdom, as well. As always, you speak well, and from the heart. Hope you have a weekend that is filled with blessings (one being that all 15 tons of rock are moved!). As we have one in Afghanistan now, this is a bit of a somber weekend for us. Hugs, dear friend...

Clare said...

Hi, Grace. Your card is amazing, with the way you used the new stamps. They are awesome stamps! I had a bike like that one, but mine was teal. It's never occurred m to me to put a fence in the background.
I agree with all you said about our country and God. May God bless our country, its leaders, its protectors, and its people!

Lenoria said...

Grace, it does my heart good to read your blog! I read your post about praying for our nation and he fully agrees. Your creations are beautiful and I thank you for sharing both the creations and your beliefs which are firmly founded in Christ! You are such a blessing and I pray that you and your family have a safe and happy holiday.

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Grace!
I am not an American but your message touched my heart. Not only America but Australia and the rest of the Western world have turned their backs on God. We need to pray like never before not only for our countries but the world. What is happening in America is also happening here in Australia. They no longer want Christianity in our schools. We might affend other religions. It doesn't matter that we could get killed for preaching in their countries. We desperately need Christian government that will keep this and other countries Christian. I am not as good at writing like you Grace. It couldn't be said better. It breaks my heart to see what is happening. My prayers are for my American friends.
GOD BLESS AMERICA.

I love your card Grace. It's a beautiful design and so well framed. I love the bow.

Thank you for writing such a message
We so need our hearts broken.
Hugs and a big God bless
Maz....Living in Australia...born in New Zealand.

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace your card is wonderful - love the way you have echoed the flowers in the dp - and you are so right about praying for our nations - we all need to do it, and New Zealand is included in that too.
Blessings
Maxine
in N.Z.