Tuesday, June 5, 2012

You Bless Me!


Hello friends!  I hope you all have been doing well!  My family went home yesterday afternoon and I should be getting my house back in order, but instead, since I have been battling a bug and have zero ambition,  I decided to play in today's color challenge over on SCS, and this week's CPS268 sketch, which I flipped on it's side.  When I saw the sketch I immediately thought of the Bicycle set, released June 1 at Our Daily Bread designs For the circle elements of the sketch I used Spellbinder's Sprightly Sprocketts die, as well as classic circles.  The little tag was stamped with a sentiment from Thank You Sentiments, and cut with a SU! punch.  The card base is Gina K and the designer paper is My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline.  The image was stamped with Memento Ink on Cryogen white and colored with Copics.  I then added several shades of Flower Soft to the flowers in the basket and some grassy spots as well.  The twine flower was my "attempt" to use twine in a creative way for the "dessert" option for the color challenge on SCS.   Unfortunately I didn't realize the tag had moved a bit for the photo and the "You" of the You Bless Me sentiment got hidden.  :(  Anyway.... it was a fun and quick card.

This week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ, Diane is the  hostess, and she  chose Isaiah 40:26 as her scripture.
Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things, and that bringeth out their host by number: he calleth them all by names by the greatness of his might, for that he is strong in power; not one faileth.

Her challenge is to create a card that depicts any element of heaven-angels, music, clouds, sun, stars, blue, glitter, bling, etc. I have a cloud in my blue sky... it's a puffy white one... not a storm cloud! :)
Stop on over at the SSIC blog to read Diane's devotional.  It will bless you for sure!


I am also entering this in the following challenges:
Word art Wednesday- Scripture or encouragement, Fashionista Challenge  - Simply Summer, Make it Monday - always Anything Goes, Paper Pretties - Use Bling, Stamps & Fun = CreativityBling Bling,  The Crazy ChallengeChildhood Memories, The Cutie Pie Challenge - Die Cuts/Punches,   Victorine OriginalsTexture (flower soft), Whoopsi Daisy   - Summer Colours

Have a great day!
hugs & blessings,
Grace

20 comments:

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Grace.

Hugs Riet.xx

Elizabeth said...

Grace! This is amazing! What a fantastic job of bringing together so many different styles in the elements, from sprockets, to twine to pearls! WOW!

wannabcre8tive said...

So pretty, I love the twine flower.

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful card Grace, and I love the sketch you have used.
Trust you recover quickly
Blessings
Maxine

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome!!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Your card makes me feel like biking out in the country. I love the way you used the die cut to simulate the bike tires. Blessings!

Karen Letchworth said...

I just love all of this, Grace. The stamp is darling, the sentiment, the flower soft, the cogs/wheels, and the soft colors. It's just amazing from every aspect.
Thanks for sharing this with us in our challenge this week at Word Art Wednesday, and please be sure to join us next week (starting tomorrow) for our double prize week.
Hugs,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Patti J said...

Beautiful card, Grace! I just made two bicycle cards today, but mine are CAS all the way! Love this - thanks for sharing :)

Rina said...

Its amazing to me how some of you girls can make a CAS card so beautiful.... I have to throw in everything but the kitchen sink!
Thanks for joining us this challenge, "Simply Summer" at Fashionista!



Rina Fashionista

Becky said...

This is beautiful Grace. I love this new set.

Diane Noble said...

Grace, how perfectly delightful to see you joining the fun of our challenge this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ. You are always home when you are there! Love your card...such a sweet image. I'm thinking about it! I just bought a retro looking turquoise bike for exercising. I plan to put a basket on the front...just like the old days! Thanks so much for linking us to your beautiful creation. As always, it blesses me to connect with you. Diane

Lisa Minckler said...

The best use of colors here. The coordinating bg papers are perfect for highlighting the wonderful bike image. Excellent work here. Glad you crafted instead of cleaning! :)

Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
Lisa xx

MariLynn said...

Grace, this is gorgeous. Love the flowers in the bike. I may just have to borrow your bike and take it for a ride because it looks like a simply fabulous day with the blue sky with just a touch of clouds. I hope you get feeling better soon. HUGS!!!!

Seija said...

Wonderful card, looks so pretty, gorgeous flowers bling bling! Thanks for playing with us at SFC.
XOXO Michi

May said...

Simply Stunning... Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing at Whoopsi Daisy.. May x

Heide said...

Wonderful image and fab card. loving all your details, such as the gears and pearls. Saw you on MIM and came to take a closer look, glad I did.
Hugs, Heide

kbrandy4 said...

Beautiful card!! Thank you so much for sharing with the Cutie Pies this time and good luck!! Hugs Hazel xx

PS. I have candy on my blog if you're interested!!
http://hazelshandmadecrafts.blogspot.co.uk/2002/04/my-better-late-than-never-candy.html

Joan Ervin said...

This is really pretty, Grace....the image is colored beautifully and I just love the flower you made from the twine!!!!

Helen said...

Beautiful card, Grace! I love the twine flower!! Hope you feel better soon! Thank for you joining our challenge at Stampin Sisters in Christ! ~H

Andrea said...

Very nice card - great motiv. Thanks for joining SFC.
Big hug
Andrea-Emmi41