Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Love and Prayers and a request of my winner!



 

 Hello sweet friends! I hope you all are doing well!!!  I am enjoying a week with my sweet little granddaughter who is staying with me as her mom and brother are on a mission trip.  We are having lots of fun and I'm not working on cards  this week, but I do have a card to share with you that I made last week for a  challenge on SCS.  It was a color challenge, and although I don't usually use these colors, I decided to give it a try.

I used this month's release from Our Daily Bread designs, Loving Memories and Sharing Your Sorrow for the sentiment.  I stamped with Memento and colored with Copics, then cut out with a Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles die, using the out of box technique for the parts of the image that were larger than the panel. My base is Kraft from SU!, the white is Whisper White (SU!) and the designer paper is Prima Fairy Flora.  The little corner die cuts are Spellbinders Doily Accents.  I did pierce around the card, though that is hard to see.  I added some pearls and same punched butterflies from my Martha Stewart punch, and more pearls in the corners.  The ribbon is just a snippet scrap of satin that I had in my stash forever.  Although it's always hard to make sympathy cards, these sets really make it easier to say just what your friend or loved one needs to hear.  Here are the sets I used:

 



As for my blog candy winner....Christine... if you read this post... I need your snail mail address!  I got your email of thanks but I need an address to send your goodies to!  :)  Please email me with that so I can get your package out to you!!!

May you all have a blessed week! Here's a verse that touched me in a special way this week:

Ps 29:11 "The Lord will give strength to His people; the Lord will bless His people with peace."  Perhaps someone needed this verse today, or perhaps it's jut the right verse to add to a card of encouragement... but either way... be blessed!

hugs,

23 comments:

Christine said...

Grace, your card is beautiful! Sympathy cards are harder to make, so inspiration and examples are appreciated!

That verse is one of my favorites and was the one I submitted to an ODBD contest.....it will be available as a stamp soon, and I can't wait to use it!

Have fun with your grand daughter!

Riet said...

What a wonderful card Grace.

Hugs Riet.xx

Linda Wescott said...

A really beautiful card, sympathy are hard to make. Hugs lin

Carla S. said...

Stunning card, Grace! Enjoy your time with your granddaughter! Hugs!

Patti J said...

Such a beautiful creation, Grace. Your sympathy cards always touch me deeply. Enjoy that grand!!!

Becky said...

Grace, this is just beautiful, as is all of your creations! What lovely sentiments!

scrappingnana said...

What a gorgeous creation. Love the sentiment.

Tammy said...

This card is so very lovely!! I love the out of the box , sentiment, and coloring technique in which you used. I was so excited to see your nautical card showcased over as Paper Crafter's Library, too:) be blessed
~Beyond Measure
Tammy
www.urbeyondmeasure.com

kathi17 said...

You make really beautiful cards Grace, and this one is as beautiful as ever. I really like the colors, the way you colored the calla lily, the butterflies, that gorgeous flourish, everything about it is stunning!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Your card is gorgeous Grace!! I just love your use of the romantic rectangles and your colors. So cheery and elegant!! TTYT!

Hugs,
Chris

JD/ Jill said...

Stunning card...great job with the color challenge!

kiwimeskreations said...

Another beautiful card - love the way you have presented the lilies - the pearl flourish is amazing. Enjoy your time with you grand daughter - those days are so precious.
Blessings
Maxine

Becky said...

This is stunning Grace! I love the colors and the design paper matches so perfect with the flower. Love all those pearls. :)

Unknown said...

Hi Grace, what a lovely card! Really like all the details! HUgs, Frea

Sandra's Inspirational Spot said...

Another Stunner! I love the sentiment.

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is beautiful, Grace. Love the paper, the corners and the pearls.
Hugs.

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, lovely coloring and such pretty use of all the pearls, especially neat in the corner treatments!

Robyn said...

It is not evident that you do not use these colors regularly! You put them together so beautifully!

Only By His Grace said...

Very beautiful Grace. your coloring and design is gorgeous. I love how you made the corners with the pearls.
Hugs Maz

April said...

You did a beautiful job! So lovley!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Ooo, this is gorgeous, Grace!

Merlyn said...

This is stunning :) Beautiful card..No words to say..Looks so professional..

Boxing Techniques for Beginners said...

Amazing! very creative card! keep it up!