Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sharing in your sorrow and a Sale!


Hello my friends!  Did you think I fell off the face of the earth?  LOL!  I had my sweet granddaughter here for 8 days, and then the rest of the family came yesterday to play on the water... so I have just been occupied with other things!  It's all good!!!  My granddaughter has been reading a series of books about colonial American times, and with my husband's and grandson's interest in re-enacting the American Revolutionary war times, she too is becoming interested in that part of our history.  She still loves to play dress up, and so one of the things she wanted while staying with me was for me to make her a colonial outfit.  I worked every day on this... seeking just the right linen fabric, trying to look at authentic outfits and constructing my own patterns from the pictures.  She loves the finished product, and although I still have things to do to finish it.... she won't part with it for me to work on it, so I guess it's staying as is for a while. It has in fact gone home with her so she can play in it.  LOL! Anyway.... that's just one of many fun things we did this week together.  I did however miss having a little time to work on some cards.  So after church today, I finally had the quiet moment I needed to create a quick card.

I used today's Featured Stamper Challenge on SCS as my starting point, honoring Cynthia by casing THIS lovely CAS card.  I also wanted to play in this week's Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge, which is to add sparkle to our card.  Miesje gave a wonderful devotional this week on the verse "Matthew 5: 13 - "You are the salt of the earth. But if salt loses its taste, with what can it be seasoned? It is no longer good for anything but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot."  I urge you to visit the challenge and read the devotion!  You'll be blessed.

As you most likely know, I really need help in the CAS department!  I really struggle with them, so I figured casing one as beautiful as Cynthia's would help a lot, and I must admit, I think it did!  I used her sketch, but changed most everything else.  I used this month's release from Our Daily Bread designs for my image (Loving Memories) and sentiment (Sharing your Sorrow).  I stamped with Memento ink, very lightly colored with Copics, cut out my image and adhered to my embossed panel with dimensionals.  The card base is Papertrey, dp is Martha Stewart, pearls are ZVA Creative, and the ribbon is from my stash... I've had it forever!

This week, Our Daily Bread designs is having a special CHA SALE!  You can read all about it HERE!  

I am entering this in the following challenges:
Word Art Wednesday - use the free Digi verse, or any Scripture or encouraging sentiment, Corrosive Challenges - Sentimentally Yours, One Stitch At A Time -Anything Goes, Stamptacular Sunday - Wings (on ef) and Bling,   That Craft PlaceAnything Goes, Inspire Me Fridays – Always Anything Goes, Frosted Designs Fabulous FridayStamping, Crafty Creations - Free For All, Penny's Paper-CraftyAnything Goes + Blog Hop, Ruby's RainbowEmbossing



Thanks so much for visiting.... and have a wonderful week!!!
hugs,


34 comments:

Miesje said...

Oh Grace, you touched my heart! Thank you for your comment! You are a blessing to me and so many others. I LOVE this card! So soft and pretty. How wonderful to have time with your grandchildren - such precious moments in our lives. Have a wonderful week! Oh...and thanks for joining us at SSIC!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Grace - this is simply beautiful, I love all of your details, although so streamlined - you nailed CAS Sistah! It is lovely to read of the time you have with your family - your life is so 'rich' my friend!! Great to see you at Stampin' Sisters in Christ - we {{{heart}}} you!

Clare Curcio said...

Yes, Grace, you are a blessing to many of us, including me! Your card is exquisite! Beautiful, and tasteful! Hugs!

Miranda said...

Gorgeous!
Miranda :)
www.nanasscrapspot.com

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

AWESOME card. The coloring and layout are fabulous. Thanks for joining us at the Corrosive Challenge for our "Sentimentally Yours" challenge. Please join us again soon and good luck. xx Rachelle CC DT

Mynn xx said...

This is absolutely STUNNING! LOVE the green pearl swirls--and the lilies are beautiful! And the bow...it' makes me a bit envious! I invite you to come and join me at Technique Tuesday--I would love to see your creation! :)

Louise @ Mme Boitatou said...

I really really loooove your card!!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Lovely combo of embossing, bling and pretty image!

Margaret said...

What a beautifully done card. I love the bling flourish and the fantastic bow.

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace once again you have made another masterpiece!! Love every little detail.
Blessings
Maxine

shaz earl said...

Beautiful card
Thank you for joining in the fun at Ruby’s Rainbow challenges for our * Emboss It * challenge
Hope you will join us again
Hugs Shaz x

Debbie said...

What a stunning card.So beautiful.Love the simple lines.I love it.Thanks for joining us over at Ruby's Rainbow.Good luck.Hugs Debbie x

Basslady said...

this is incredibly wonderful!

thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Grace! I hope you're having a blessed week. I SO LOVE this divine card. I love the simple elegance and the green sprouting up from the bottom left. It is just lovely!
Thanks for blessing us with this entry at Word Art Wednesday. Please know how very grateful I am for your participation, and the love and support you show each week. I just prayed for you, that God will bless you and draw you near to Him this week. Thanks for your participation, my friend.
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Becky said...

This is stunning Grace! I love the splash of green with all this white and those pearls add such elegance.
You have to take a picture of the outfit you made for your granddaughter and show us :)

Marlena M. said...

Grace, your work speaks exquisite each and every time. Thank you for sharing your gorgeous CAS artwork at Word Art Wednesday.

Joni Parker said...

This is absolutely STUNNING!! I love the green on white and gorgeous coloring of the image!! Perfect touches w/pearls, embossing and ribbon!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Frosted Designs!

Michelle said...

Grace - Your card was worth the wait! It is simply beautiful. I am a huge fan of green and those green pearl swirls really caught my eye! I also love the embossing under the image. So elegant! Thanks for sharing at SSiC this week.
Blessings,
Michelle

sues craft magic said...

What a gorgeous card .....Thanks for joining us at Pennys challenge this week .. good luck ..hope to see you again soon ...Hugs Sue DT xx

kathi17 said...

Your card is beautiful Grace. The colors, the bow, the flourishes and the calla lilies are gorgeous!

I have a granddaughter too, (as well as two grandsons), and they are so much fun! Your granddaughter will always remember all these wonderful things you are doing with her.

BrendaB said...

What a beautiful card! That embossed background adds such a fabulous touch! Thanks for playing along with Frosted Designs.

ScrappySandie said...

Hi Grace - What an elegant, lovely card! I like how you have brought together different elements so beautifully! The embossed background is subtle but so perfect! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at SSiC!
Sandie

EllenaElizabeth said...

A pretty card thanks for sharing it. I would love to see a photo of the costume you made for you grand-daughter.

Helen said...

Beautiful - such an elegant card.

Thanks for joining us at Penny's.

Helen x

Wendy @ E1A said...

What a stunning card.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a stunning CAS card Grace!! I love your colors and the embossing on the edge. Too beautiful!!
hugs,
Chris

Ali said...

This is such a stunning card, really elegant and striking.

I particularly like the layering of the embossed card, the gemstone flourish and the image.

Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week. :)

Ali

Wendy Swenne said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card! Love the colors and the gems on it. Love everything about it :D

Thanks so much for sharing your art with us on WAW.

Wendy

Ashley Horton said...

This is stunning! Love the beautiful contrast of the white and green together, and your stamping is beautiful, as well as the embossing! Thanks for playing along with us this week @ Frosted Designs!!

Nikki Byrne said...

What a stunning sympathy card and such a gorgeous colour!! Thank you for sharing it with us this week at our use a digi challenge at OSAAT. Good luck

Hugs

NIKKI DT

Rosietoes said...

I love the gentle colouring and the sense of peace and tranquillity in this card Grace. It's beautiful.

Edna x

Made by Mandy said...

Gorgeous card! Your image is fabulous with great colouring :)

Many thanks for joining in with our Anything Goes challenge over at OSAAT & hope to see you back again soon.

Mandy (DT member for OSAAT)

Traci M said...

Grace, this is such a lovely sympathy card!! You make everything so beautifully, whether it be your signature designs or something a little simpler yet stunning like this! So glad you had some family time. I bet your grandaughter looks so cute in her colonial costume! Blessings, friend!

MariLynn said...

Grace, what a gorgeous card. I love it.