Saturday, August 4, 2012

They will renew their strengh!

 
Hello friends!  I hope your weekend is off to a great start!!!  I have a busy day lined up but wanted to pop in real quick to share a fast and easy bookmark I made using this month's Bookmark release at Our Daily Bread designs!  I am so loving these sets, and the ability they give me to make lots of little tuck in gifts in a big hurry!  This one is literally about a 15 minute project, start to finish. I could reproduce this in large quantities very easily!  The stamp itself is from a set designed by our own DT member, Dawn Lusk, and as called Bookmarks- Trees.  It is cut with the custom die made by Spellbinders for ODBD. 

It's stamped with VersaFine ink, which is my ink of choice when using clear stamps.  Yes, I did say clear.  It seems that when fitting stamps to dies, sometimes with rubber there is some shrinkage, and so even though Kelley has always used fabulous rubber, the image bookmarks that are made to fit the dies are clear.  However.... I have to say, that I have had NO problems stamping with them.  I stamped off a couple times to season mine, and of course, VersaFine is a thick and wonderful ink to use.  Memento works great too.  I do love the fact that with clear stamps, you can see where you are stamping and match things up perfectly without any special positioning tools!  (Just a note... only the images are clear this month.  The others are still rubber.)

Anyway... paper here is Papertrey, and then after stamping, I cut out with the die, and then I airbrushed and sponged the edges, added the fibers and done.  I love the Scripture used here and the word picture it creates in my mind.  One of the things I love about spring is watching a live cam on a certain pair of eagle parents as they raise their young.  I get to watch the eggs hatch, then these tiny little balls of fluff immediately start taking nourishment, and they grow soooo fast!  Both parents are constantly caring for the young.  They take turns with who will sit on the nest and who will bring food, but it's their constant concern.  Over the next few weeks, I watch those babies grow so fast it's unbelievable!  It seems like no time at all and they are stretching their wings and exercising them there in the nest.  I hold my breath as they get adventurous and get near to the edge, scared to death that one will fall, but so far, it has not happened.  This particular couple has raised 14 babies at this point, and it is believed that all are still doing fine!  Anyway... where I was going with this story was the incredible wing span on these eagles, and the strength they have!  We have seen occasional eagles on our lake here in NC too, and when they fly over they are so majestic, yet they can swoop down, grab a fish from the water and soar back up in seconds!  They are in my eyes, a symbol of strength!  I think that's why the Lord chose this word picture for us in this passage in Isaiah.  When we wait on Him... let Him direct our lives, He will renew our strength, and fill us with all we need.  What a comforting verse to share with someone who is perhaps feeling low, out of strength, like they can't go on!  That's just one of the reasons I love these sets... the perfect words are available for a little gift that says "I care".

Thanks for stopping by!  I love knowing you were here!!!  Have a blessed weekend!

10 comments:

Sandee Shanabrough said...

This is such a great little bookmark Grace!!! Love it!!!

Riet said...

This is so beautiful Grace.

Hugs Riet.xx

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous bookmark, Grace! Have a wonderful weekend!

Sandra's Inspirational Spot said...

Very pretty bookmark-love the scripture!

Only By His Grace said...

One of my favourite scriptures.
lovely bookmark Grace.
Hugs maz

scrappingnana said...

Beautiful bookmard. Love that verse, it is one of my favorites.

Anonymous said...

Awesome!Very pretty...

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous background for this stamp and great fibers!!

Bette said...

Grace!
What a beautiful bookmark! I would love to receive a gorgeous gift like this. Thanks for sharing your talents.

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning bookmark Grace - and thank you for sharing about the eagles.
Blessings
Maxine