Friday, September 28, 2012

A sneak peek to help you prepare for Christmas!

Hello my blogging friends!  I have a sneaky peek for you today!  This little quick and easy ornament idea was made using a  stamp called O Christmas Tree Carol Background, releasing at Our Daily Bread designs on Oct. 1!  The added pinecones are from a past release, called Sacred Season.  I'm sorry the lighting is not good on this photo.  I tried taking it inside, outside, in light, in shade...and could not capture the glitter on the snow!  Anyway... I just wanted to show how easy it is to work with musical backgrounds to make quick fun gifts and decor. I'll have more gift ideas coming shortly... so I hope you'll be back for that!

I got the inspiration for this ornament from Pinterest.   All I did was stamp with Memento ink on Gina K Ivory card stock, sponged generously with T Holtz Distress Inks.  I cut the paper about an inch longer on both ends than it needed to be, cut my thin dowel rod to the length I wanted, sanded lightly, sponged with Distress ink, and I rolled the card stock around the dowels, adhering with Aileen's Jewelry Glue.  It's not necessary to use anything that strong, but I had it and decided to use it.  I don't have to worry about this baby unrolling! LOL!  I stamped the pinecone images from Sacred Season with Memento, colored with Copics, added white ink, then added white stickles for a nice sparkle.  The twine seemed the right embellishment for a kind of rustic feel. 

I am entering this in the following challenges:
 Card Crafter's Circle -  Vintage, Craftymess –  Distressed, aged, Stampin With The Dragon -  Music,    nspired By -  Photo Inspiration


That's it for today!  I hope you all have a most blessed weekend!
hugs,

17 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my is that ever Lovely, looking forward to more creations!

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace this is beautiful! What a great wee gift.
Blessings
Maxine

Anne said...

It's a beautiful ornament and I doubt it possible to get a good photo of glitter any whch way! It looks great. Bravo and thank you for sharing!

Laurel said...

This is just beautiful, love the music paper! Thanks for playing at Inspired By!

Riet said...

So gorgeous Grace.

Hugs Riet.xx

Christine said...

A beautiful ornament simple enough to make at church or at school with children. TFS

scrappingnana said...

Beautiful. Love all the details. Can't wait to see more.

kathi17 said...

This is a beautiful ornament Grace. It would be wonderful to make a whole matching set using other ODBD Christmas stamps as well as that one.
I can see all sorts of possibilities. If the stamp image is more horizontal, you could just add the verse at the bottom or top.

What a wonderful idea for church bazaars!

Sandra Wright. said...

This is so beautiful, I just love your colour combination too.Lovely distressing and the whole piece looks perfectly aged...

Thank you for joining in with our challenge over at Craftymess.

Sandie :)

Jenée said...

What an adorable vintage feel ornament. I really like this and believe I must give it a try. Thank you for joining us this week at Card Crafter's Cirle and entering our challenge.

Angela said...

Hi Grace,
This is lovely. Nice aged effect and a lovely take on the Craftymess challenge.

Thanks for sharing with us,
Ax

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a fun and beautiful project Grace!! I love this ornament!! You are so creative and your details are always perfect. I want to be like you when I grow up.
hugs,
Chris

Anonymous said...

now I REALLY want these sets.
Kathy L in ohio

valou250809 said...

Very nice realization. Bravo! thanks for playing on Stamping with Dragon.

Beccalite said...

This is a wonderful project, love the colour tones and distressing and it is perfectly aged.

Thank you so much for coming over and joining in with us at Craftymess.

Great Big Huge Hugs

Becca xxx

Grandma Bonnie said...

What a great gift, Grace and this would be perfect on a card too? Thank you for joining us for our Vintage challenge at Card Crafter's Circle!

Angela B. said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at

Stamping Dragon Designs.

Angela Bonanno (DT Member)