Friday, January 11, 2013

A Card,a Sale and a Medical Emergency!


Hello friends!  Wow!  I feel like I've been on a roller coaster ride and it finally slowed down enough for me to get off! To catch you up on what's been going on in my life I'll just briefly recap the past 8 days.  Last Thurs. morning, I was sick with a flu bug and about to call my Dr. to make an appointment when my husband called terribly out of breath, and said he couldn't breath and was being taken to the hospital near where he works, which is about an hour and a half from here. Since he also had been sick, we though most likely it was pneumonia.  I called my daughter and she immediately started the 2 hour trip from TN, and we went down to the hospital. After hours of testing, he was admitted to ICU with multiple large pulmonary embolisms in both lungs.  He was critical at that time, but he was started on blood thinning meds and the next day, an ultrasound found a large blood clot in his leg, and it was determined that is where these other ones came from. Of course we were very concerned!  I was sick with the flu at that time and had developed multiple secondary infections and was in desperate need of antibiotics too, but I was able to get a script called in and started on them right away.  There's so much that went on over the course of the next 4 days in ICU, but long story short.... he is doing well now, and although he was sent home  with his INR PT levels far from where they had said they should be before sending him home, our visit with the Dr yesterday did find his levels are now just where they should be.  He will be monitored biweekly for a while, and then monthly when everything settles out, but he will be on these blood thinners for life.  He has some more CT scans to make sure this event was not caused by a tumor in the abdomen, but more than likely we will never know what really caused this to happen when it did.  While he does travel with his job, he had not done so recently, so it is rather strange. However, he had been scheduled to leave this Sat. for an extensive trip to Germany and France, and we are soooo thankful this did not happen while in flight or over seas!  We have seen and felt God's protective hand in so many ways throughout this time, and I give Him all thanks and glory for pulling my husband through this!  Yesterday our own Dr saw him and went through the case, and he told us this was "a very critical event" and could have very easily killed him, but we are thanking the Lord for answered prayers and His loving mercy upon us!  So many of YOU were praying and I want to personally thank you from the bottom of my heart!  So... with more visits from family, and our grand  kids just leaving this morning, I now find the house quiet and I'm ready to de-stress with some creative time!
 
 
First, I do want to mention that Rick, Kelley and Josh are exhibiting at the CHA trade show in Anaheim, California this week! Please note that no orders will ship out during this time but they will resume shipping on Friday, January 18, 2013. 

  
CHA saleWhile they are away you can save 20% on all Stamps Sets and Singles! *Please note that this sale does not include Stamp Bundles.  This limited time sale starts today, January 10, 2013 and runs through Wednesday, January 16, 2013 Midnight EST. 

Click here to shop via the website and be sure to enter code CHA20 at checkout!
 
 
Then I thought I'd share a card I made for an Inspiration challenge on SCS before all this happened, and I had never had the chance to share the card here! 

 
I made this card for IC369, the inspiration for which was taken from a site called Wedding Bells. I found these Table number cards and knew exactly what I wanted to do.

This came together in a flash! Very CAS for me! LOL!
The stamps used are  Our Daily Bread designs: All Occasion Sentiments and Antique Labels Designs, both designed by Michelle Laycock.  I also used the custom die made by Spellbinders for ODBD, Antique Labels & Border Dies.

I used dp from an older Making Memories pack, Black Tie Affair, a scrap of Old Olive and a vanilla base. My label is stamped with ColorBox pigment ink and clear embossed, and the sentiment is stamped with VersaFine and heat embossed. Wrinkled ribbon is May Arts. The flowers are ZVA Creative.  Thank you for stopping by and reading my long post today!  I have more to share with you shortly, but time is pressed right now.

Have a blessed weekend my friends!  Be sure you make each moment count, and be ready, because we don't ever know what moment could be our last!  Life can be going along smoothly and we might be lulled in to a sense of false security... we need to be sure that we know that things are settled with our Lord and we are ready to face Him, because one day, we will breath our last breath, and time to "get ready" will be over!  If you are not sure of your future after this life is over, please... email me at the address in the side bar so I can help you to know!

Hugs & Blessings,
 

23 comments:

NancyD said...

Grace I am amazed you had time to make a card! God is amazing and good to take care of us in such a way as he has demonstrated to you and your family! Have a great day Grace. NancyD

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Glad things are much better now, but how scary! Someone was looking out for you that's for sure! May 2013 be a blessed New Year for your family!

Becky said...

Grace, what a roller coaster ride you have been on but, you are right, God has pulled you through this... I'm so glad that your hubby was somewhere he could be treated effectively. We all should take time daily to thank Him for each day He gives us....we are not promised anymore than 1 day at a time. May God continue to shower you and your family with His blessings :)

Anne said...

I haven't been blog watching for a while and just felt to do so now and I found your post. I will certainly lift you all up in continued prayer and thanksgiving to our wonderful and loving Father in Heaven. God bless and keep you all.

seamom said...

So glad your Hubby will be ok. As we age together things change, and we realize even clearer that each day is a gift.

Ann Marie Governale said...

So scary and yes, so glad your husband was home when this all happened. Surely the hand of God in this.. My Mom also had the flu and ended up in the ER a few days ago totally dehydrated.. she felt so weak and it scared her. This is a bad outbreak. She is feeling much better now but always safe than sorry- go to the hospital@
Now, both of you will be on the mend... keeping you both in my prayers- xxx Ann Marie

Crissy Armstrong said...

I'm really happy for both of you, and that you're all on the mend. Good to hear the good news!

ednamburgess said...

So sorry to hear all this, but grateful for the good outcome. Our prayers continue to be with you. Take care. Edna

kathi17 said...

Oh Grace, how scary for you. I'm so glad God was watching over you and your husband. I will keep you both in my prayers.

I can relate to everything you said. My husband and I are now in our sixties, and we thank God for every day that passes uneventfully.

scrappingnana said...

So sorry to hear about all you have been through, but Praise God you both are better. Will keep you in my prayers. May you have a Blessed 2013.
Your card is beautiful. Love it.

Silke Ledlow said...

Praise the Lord! I'm so happy that both of you are doing okay now! I will continue to keep you both in my thoughts and prayers :) !!! Enjoy your weekend and relax from all the action :) !!! Hugs ~S~

Conniecrafter said...

such great news that you both are doing better, after just losing my father the day after Christmas I am reminded how we can lose someone out of the blue, and how we have to give thanks to God for blessing us with each day we have with our families.
very pretty card, love that green with the black!

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Grace!
Praise God that your hubby is okay.
Such a scary moment for you both.
Now that he is on the blood thinning medication he will be much safer I'm sure.
your card is lovely. I love black and that particular green together.
Hugs Maz

Bobbi Miller said...

Oh Grace, I am so sorry to hear about your husband and your ordeal with the flu. I am also very thankful to Him for seeing you both through these difficulties. God does wondrous Things! My continued prayers will be said with my morning "talk" with God. Your card is lovely as always. I love the green and black.. so striking! Hugs and Bright Blessings....

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Wow, you have been through it, so sorry to hear about your husband but I am glad he is feeling better and I hope you are too now. Beautiful card, love the colors.

Carol P said...

Grace thank you for your beautiful card during your stressful time with family health problems-God is watching over you and hope you both feel much better soon.

Kelley said...

Great words of wisdom, Grace! How quickly we forget those things. Your card is CAS but it sure does not look like it!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Grace what a difficult time you have had - clots can be very scary!! I would hate to be without the Lord in times like that!
Love the stunning colours and simplicity of your card.
Blessings
Maxine

Janet Vine said...

Hi Grace! Just 3 1/2 years ago while visiting our son in Indiana my husband became lethargic so we took him to the ER where he was diagnosed and admitted with a right lung full of blood clots. Like your situation he would have been dead in 2 days. Now he is on blood thinners and has retired. It is amazing how the Lord works and his timing is perfect.
I really enjoy all of your cards
Janet

Earline said...

The Lord is OUR EVER PRESENT HELP IN A TIME OF NEED PRAISE HIM. YES AND AMEN

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Grace, I often think back to what you and Al have gone through and how God has intervened on his and your behalf. Circumstances like these teach us to be thankful for each day we have and what things are really important in our lives...like our faith in Him. I thank God each day for the opportunities he gives to give Al and pray for continued healing. Love you both!!!

Your card is so gorgeous!! I just love the black and green combo!! So elegant!!

Hope you are enjoying the weekend!!

hugs,
Chris

Gretchen Wilson said...

I am so glad that things have turned better for you, though I wasn't praying for you intentions at the time I will put you both on my prayers list that God will continue to heal you both in his loving care. God Bless

Becky said...

wow Grace, what a trying 8 days. So glad to hear all is well.

Stunning card, and gorgeous colors.