Sunday, January 13, 2013

Gramma's Birthday Blessings for her first born grand child

Our Daily Bread designs stamps, Special Boy, Grace Nywening
Hello friends!
Yesterday marked the 15th year that I have been a Gramma!  Where has the time gone?  I just turned around and this tiny little bundle of baby boy turned in to an almost 6' tall young man, and a sweet loving young man at that!  This is the card I gave him for his birthday, because he and his dad are working on a big project of completely rebuilding an old 1949 GMC Pickup.  It's been his dream for some time, and now they finally have the opportunity and it's been a great way for them to spend time together.  When I gave him this card, he remarked a couple times that this card is really "COOL"!  That of course made me feel good! :)  So... if you have a young man in your life... young or old, I think this image is perfect for them all!  The stamps are from this month's release from Our Daily Bread designs, Special Boy.  I stamped with Memento and colored with Copics.  The papers are various scraps I had in my scrap box, on a black base. I hand cut the checks for the canopy at the top.  I used copy paper folded inside with my special note to him, and enclosed a check.

Here is the set I used:
Our Daily Bread designs stamps, Special Boy


I thought I'd share a picture of my grandson holding his card... and one with my daughter who is almost 5'8" standing next to him so you can see what I mean when I say... he's really growing up!  I'm so thankful to have such a wonderful family who love the Lord and are trying to live their lives for His glory! 


CHA saleDon't forget the CHA sale going on now!  Shipping will be delayed until Jan 18th, but look at the savings!!!
 
While ODBD is at CHA, you can save 20% on all Stamps Sets and Singles! *Please note that this sale does not include Stamp Bundles.  This limited time sale starts today, January 10, 2013 and runs through Wednesday, January 16, 2013 Midnight EST. 

Click here to shop via the website and be sure to enter code CHA20 at checkout!
 


 I am entering this in the following challenges:

Well, that's it for me today.  My husband continues to recover and we give thanks to the Lord daily for sparing his life and giving us more wonderful days together.  Have a blessed Sunday!

18 comments:

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

awesome card!
perfect for him :)
Thanks for joining our birthday celebration at Charisma!

Anonymous said...

Love your big truck card. All your cards are beautiful. love checking you blog. Mary L Schreiber

JD/ Jill said...

Great card...I know just what you mean, I feel the same way, when I look UP into my tall Grandson's eyes, and wonder what happened to that tiny bundle that I used to hold in my arms (which seems like it happened yesterday...LOL) Time sure does fly.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous card Grace - and a beautiful looking family.
Praise God Al is recovering well.
Blessings
Maxine

Laine said...

Such a fabulously designed card celebrating your Grandson. Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz for our 4th Birthday Celebrations.
Laine
X

Mary Ann said...

Great card,beautiful family...

Chrisd said...

Great card and handsome young man also. Nice photo with his mom too.

scrappingnana said...

Fabulous card. Love all the details.

Conniecrafter said...

I just bought this stamp, love the papers you used with it. Isn't it amazing how fast they grow.... and so good to hear your husband continues to improve!

Penny Reed said...

Grace, I was going to comment yesterday after reading about your husband. My husband has blood clots, but in his heart, and has been on blood thinners for almost 20 years. You two have been through a lot with his job change and now this. It makes you realize how much we depend on the Lord for His mercy, and to be thankful for every single day. I always love your cards, and your thoughts. My grandson will be 16 this year, and is 6'1" tall. Grandkids are the best! Take care and thanks for sharing your heart!

sgc said...

Love this card! Thanks for helping Bugaboo celebrate its birthday--and for playing in the birthday challenge.

Claudia said...

Great card! Thank you for sharing with us at Charisma Cardz Challenge and good luck!

Hugs

Claudia

Vee said...

A fabulous male birthday card!!. Thanks for joining our Birthday challenge at Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Jacqueline Smith said...

What a fabulous birthday card! Love all the details, thanks for playing with us at Stamping with the Dragon!

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Fabulous card for your grandson! Thanks for sharing with us at Card Makin' Mamas hugs Susan x

Sarah said...

Sweet card, love your image and colour combo, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz, hugs, Sarah x

Jenscrapstoo said...

Great Card!! The image you have used is fantastic and just perfect for the "boys" in our lives!! Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
Cheers Jennie DTM
Jenscrapstoo

Min said...

Awesome BOY Card!
Thanks so much for playin’ along and celebratin’ Bugaboo’s 3rd Birthday with us this week!
Be sure to check the blogs you visited on the hop to see if you’re a winner of one of the Bugaboo Images our designers used!
Hugs & Happy Days!
Min