Monday, July 29, 2013

I Relish Our Friendship!

ODBD stampes: Blue Ribbon Winner, Garden Mini, Pickles and Strawberries, designed by Grace Nywening
Hello friends!  Did you think I fell off the face of the earth?  LOL!  I'm sorry I have not posted to my blog in a while... but I HAVE been busy working on things behind the scenes that I will be able to show you some time!  Today however, I was happy to get the chance to play in the TLC440 challenge over on SCS!  We were reminded by Judy that while all the new stuff being released at CHA is always enticing... the old is also good... and we were to go back through the first 50 TLC challenges and pick one for our card today.  I picked TLC28, which was the Masking Technique.  Masking is when you stamp an image on either sticky paper or post it notes, cut it out and then use it as a mask to stamp multiple images and give them dimension when in a group.  So for my masking technique, I stamped my small pickle once on card stock, placed the mask over it and stamped again... repeating this until my jar looked full of pickles.  When you do this... there will be one image that stands out as being in the front, and all the others will look like they are behind that one.  It's a GREAT technique to know... and while it's been around a long time... if you have not tried it I urge you to give it a try!  You can find a great tutorial for it HERE.

My card today is giving a SNEAK PEEK at several new products being released by Our Daily Bread designs AUG. 1!  This is a fun release... with  a neat blend of faith and fun products!  For this card, I used Blue Ribbon Winner, Garden Mini, Pickles and Strawberries for my stamps, and the ODBD Custom Jar Die, as well as an AWESOME new die set called Fancy Foliage... custom made for ODBD by Spellbinders.  I also used the tag die from a previous release, ODBD Recipe  and Tags Die.

I stamped the jar from Blue Ribbon Winner.  Then I stamped the small cucumber image from the Garden Mini set once in the jar, stamped it on sticky paper, cut that out and laid it on top of my first image.  I repeated that several times until I had filled my jar with pickles.  I then colored them with Copics.  I also cut 2 larger cuke images from the Strawberries and Pickles set and cut them out.  To layer up my card I started with a base of craft, then ran a vanilla layer through a Sizzix leaf folder which I had inked with Distress Ink direct pad to flat side of folder.  The horizontal layer is a basket weave folder done the same way.  I mounted my pickle jar, which  I cut with the new Jar Die set to be released Aug 1 as well.  The foliage is from the now Fancy Foliage die set, which I just LOVE... and the tag is from the Recipe and Tags die set. 

Now don't go thinking this coming release is all about pickles.... because there's much more!!!  Don't miss the release Aug 1!  See you then!

I am entering this in the following challenges:
 365 Cards - a daily challenge - 2 different colors/tones, The Crazy Challenge - Summertime, The Paper Nest Dolls Challenge -  Die Cuts, Use Your Stuff -  Twine, 613 Avenue Create -  Anything Goes (optional: Twist: Friendship Day, Catered Crop Summertime, Hobbycutz  Summer
Hugs,


14 comments:

Carla S. said...

What a cute and creative card, Grace! Love the embossed background and the jar full of pickles! Hugs!

Esther Asbury said...

What a fun card! I enjoy using puns -- yours is absolutely adorable!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Fun card, I love it.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a fun and beautiful card, Grace!! Love your pickles on the vine, the embossed background, your layout and coloring!! You aced this set!
hugs,
Chris

Beth said...

What a cute and clever card! Good to have you back and sharing your creativity with us!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Grace I relish your card ;-) Love the greens you have used, and the pickle jar looks gorgeous.
Blessings
Maxine

SarahGeorge said...

Dear Grace,

I'm your recent follower. I landed in your beautiful blog when I was searching "scripture cards" in the internet. I'm so glad to have found your beautiful blog :). Your creations are so beautiful. And awesome tutorials too! Thanks for sharing.

"I Relish our friendship" card is so crisply made.Love the design. Its so very different and beautiful too :).

Sarah

Conniecrafter said...

Oh that is just too cute, love the sentiment with your image and such pretty combo of embossings, Love it!

Lynne said...

Your card is wonderful and I love the twine tied around the mason jar cover. Thank you for getting inspired at Use Your Stuff.

Denise said...

Wow what a lovely card! What a lucky fiend you have to receive this lovely creation. Thank you for sharing with us at Hobbycutz and good luck....
Crafty Hugs
Denise
http://dixicreations.blogspot.co.uk/

mags said...

A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Hobbycutz Challenges and good luck.
Mags
x

Unknown said...

So special Grace. Looove it!
Thanks for sharing your gorgeous creation with us at The Paper Nest Dolls Die cuts Challenge!
Jasmina DT PND

Ellen said...

Lovely card, well done! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge.

groetjes, Ellen

Natali said...

Oh, love these pickles )) Beautiful colours and details.
Thank you for joining us at Hobbycutz “Summer” Challenge and we hope to see you again.
Hugs,
Natali