Monday, July 8, 2013

Mr & Mrs simple but elegant wedding card, and pics of family fun!


Hello friends!  I've been enjoying time with family here at my home... but I did have a card prepared to share with you, using the July release from Our Daily Bread designs

 This is a very simple layout, as I stamped my image from the To the Love Birds set  right on the designer paper, making use of the pretty flocked branches on the designer paper.  One hint: These stamps have dots to help you line up your dies when cutting them out, but since I did not cut this one out, I should have carefully not inked the dot, but I forgot and did not want to waste this pretty paper, so a dot is visible.   No big deal to me... but if you just don't ink it when you are stamping on dp instead of cutting out, then you won't have to worry about that!  :)

The sentiment is from Wedding Blessings, and is stamped on cream card, then a border is stamped from Antique Labels and Designs, and it is cut out with the ODBD Custom Antique Labels and Border Die which fits it perfectly!  I just added some tiny birds which I cut out with the new Custom Birdcage and Banners die and popped them up on the branches, and the Spellbinders border and flourishes to complete the card.  Tiny pearls give it a bit of elegance.


Card Details:
Stamps: ODBD To the Love Birds, Wedding Blessings
Dies: ODBD Custom Birdcage and Banner Dies (tiny birds in branch), ODBD Custom Antique Labels and Designs, Spellbinders Gold Elements One, Spellbinders Antique Frames and Accents
Papers: Cream base, Black matting, DCWV La Creme Stack
Ink: VersaFine (bird cage and sentiment) VersaMark for birds in branches
Accessories: Heat embossing tool,black ep, May Arts Silk Ribbon, Recollections Pearls

Then, I thought I'd share a few pics of what I've been up to  if you want to see...I know it's photo long, but I also know my family will enjoy seeing these, so bear with me...

This is my only living sister Lois, who traveled 3000 miles to spend time with us... and the little guy at our feet is my first great nephew Asher, also from CA.  We are at our subdivision beach  and Asher is having his first experience with beach sand and water.  He was afraid at first, but soon he was loving it!

This is my daugher Christy, my niece Shari, and Asher on the boat.... another first for Asher, and he just loved it!


A little wake boarding fun...





Here is my grandson Nathan holding Asher, with my daughter looking on.  Nathan, 15 is just great with kids!

Here is my sister and my granddaughter Lauren, enjoying a swing on the back porch

Here is sweetness himself!  What a joy to spend time with this happy little guy!

Waiting for the fireworks to begin.... they are usually gorgeous and surround the lake with color

We did get to see a few before it started to pour and all 12 of us huddled under the Bimini cover and headed for shore.   We laughed so hard that it will be a favorite memory for sure!


 Sadly... all good things have to come to an end...

Getting ready to take the CA.part of the group back to the airport and trying not to cry!


Love my family and so thankful for the gift God's given us in each one, and wishing the rest could have been here too!  Love you guys!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I love knowing you were here!!!

 

8 comments:

JoAnn said...

So gorgeous and elegant. Thanks for sharing your pretty card and the photos of your family.

kiwimeskreations said...

Another beautiful and elegant card Grace.
Our grandson is named Asher and he is a really happy little man too - must be the name :-) Thanks for sharing you family with us.
Blessings
Maxine

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card!You have such a Beautiful Family!!!Have a Blessed day!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What gorgeous and fun photos Grace!! I now understand why you are so exhausted with all the fun and visiting you have had!!! It will be a memory to treasure!!

Your card is sheer elegance with the silhouette next the the birdcage, the added foliage, and the black and white against the dp!!

hugs,
Chris

Kris said...

Oh Grace, how nice....Of course I loved your card, as usual, but so happy to "meet" your family...as we have become friends, and I have shared with you some personal and heartfelt things...it was so nice to see your family that you have shared with me....I am so glad...always nice to see who you hear about....so glad and happy for you that you had that time...Memories....are so precious...Love Kris

Conniecrafter said...

Very Elegant, and so good to hear you have had some great times enjoying your family, that is what it is all about!

Lenoria said...

I love family get togethers. It looks like you all had a wonderful time!

Chloe said...

Fantastic!