Thursday, August 29, 2013

A Bushel and a Peck, and a Hug around the Neck!

Hello friends!  Today I'm happy to be sharing another sneak peek at the ODBD's Sept. release - Apples.  What says fall is just around the corner any better than a  basket of apples? 

 I used a couple of the sentiments from this set as well... including the word "apples" which fit perfectly in my designer paper rectangle that seemd to be just screaming for a stamp!  The image is stamped with Memento and colored with Copics.  The designer paper is Little Yellow Bicycle from Acorn Hollow, and the red dot paper is from We R Memory Keepers.  The embossed panel is a SU! folder. The tag is cut with the ODBD Custom Recipe card and Tags die, and the apples were cut with a SB Lattice Rectangle die.  The twine is May Arts.  I did run my brown ink pad over the raised part of the embossing folder, and sponged all my panels with distress inks.


I don't know why, but as I'm posting this card I'm finding myself singing "A tisket, a tasket, a green and yellow basket..."  Anyone else remember that?  Gee where did THAT come from?  lol!!!  WAY back there somewhere!  Anyway... it's an ear worm now!  The other day we were talking about ear worms, and had a lot of fun coming up with fun tunes and giving each other ear worms.  Don't know what an ear worm is?  Here's the definition:  An ear worm is a catchy piece of music that continually repeats through a person's mind after it is no longer playing.  So my question for YOU is... what ear worms do you find yourself singing?  I'd love to hear... and of course I'll be singing them all!

Hope it's a happy walk down memory lane!



Before I go, just wanted to let everyone know that there is a big sale going on at Our Daily Bread designs until August 31.  No code needed, but all stamps and dies are 20% off!!!!   Check it out on this post!  


I am linking this to:

Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes with a Scripture or encouraging sentiment 

Blessings,


14 comments:

Francie G. said...

Beautiful, Grace! Fabulous coloring!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Grace! Your coloring is fantastic! I get ear worms all the time! Takes quite awhile to get rid of them! Hugs!

April said...

Such a beautiful card as well as the one below this post! Great job on both!

Christine Harrop said...

Strangely enough my ear worm today is "I love you a bushel and a peck" because bushel was one of the answers in my crossword this morning. So it really made me chuckle when I saw your card today. Which is absolutely fabulous, by the way. Christine

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning card Grace - love all the texture you have going there :-).
Ummm - ear worm - Seventy Six Trombones has haunted me many times over the years.
More recently though it tends to be hymns or Christian songs.
BLessings
Maxine

SarahGeorge said...

That's a real sweet card! Nowadays, my kids' rhymes have become my "ear worm" :) I'm finding myself humming Old Mc Donald and other such songs:).

Chris Hanselman said...

Love the image. What a cute card. Thanks for joining our Make the Cut Challenge at Delightful Challenges.

~~Chris
DC-DT

Unknown said...

Grace,
Guess what I am singing? We used to go every fall and pick apples, for school, for pies and to be frozen. All the other bits apple jelly or apple sauce. Your coloring is just so perfect. They look like freshly picked apples. I could almost smell the apple scent that blows through the orchard. It is a lovely layout and card.
We love seeing your artwork, “Thank you so very much for posting it with us”.
Blessings
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday

Conniecrafter said...

terrific coloring, looks so real, love that sentiment and the texture in the background is a neat touch!

Karen Letchworth said...

Oh Grace, this is just beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us. I always SO enjoy seeing your sweet creations and appreciate you sharing!
Hugs,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Laine said...

Such a stunning creation. Thank you for sharing your project with us at PCJ Challenge.
Laine
xx

Jo Ann said...

Such a wonderful card. Love the inking on the embossing as well as the awesome sentiment. Thanks for blessing us with your artwork last week and hope you join us this week for another Inspirational Challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Hugs and blessings!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

CraftyKay said...

What a great card and I love that sentiment. Thank you for joining The Happy @campers challenge and good luck.x

Mel @ Princess Melus Crafts said...

Cute card, lovely sentiment!

Thank you for sharing this with us at Aud Sentiments!

Mel xx