Monday, August 5, 2013

It's All About the Sentiments!

ODBD Stamps: Strawberries, Strawberries and Pickles, Blue Ribbon Winner, Garden Sentiments, designed by Grace Nywening
Hello friends!  Today I got to play in the TLC challenge on SCS.  Joan challenged us to create a "large stamp image" by combining various sentiment stamps around a common theme, stamping them in different colors and making that the focal image for our card.  I first thought... oh that will be hard!  I will admit that lining things up straight is a challenge and I certainly didn't get that perfect, but it still was fun and opened up my mind to a whole new way of using my sentiment stamps! 

I used the following ODBD stamps to create this sentiment panel:  Strawberries, Strawberries and Pickles, Blue Ribbon Winner and Garden Sentiments. I also used this month's custom die for ODBD by SB, Fancy Foliage .

The lattice is Cheery Lynn, and the dp is Recollections. I used Regal Rose, Real Red, Certainly Celery, and Old Olive for my sentiment colors.

This is pretty CAS I guess, but I wanted the sentiments to take center stage.  I hope you'll consider this technique some time as it really is fun and these large sentiment stamps are very trendy now, but we don't all have stamps like that, so making our own is a great idea!

A Word for today:
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men."  Col.3:23

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Hugs,

5 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

Very nicely done...and great job witht he challenge!

Patti J said...

Woweeee, Grace - way to rock that challenge! It would have stumped me for sure! Beautiful card - love the vivid pop of the red against the white! Thanks for sharing :)

Traci S. said...

Hi Grace--
This is such an exciting card. It's so fresh. It pops! Great job, Sweetie! I'm praying for you and yours with friendship and much love.

His,
Traci Starkweather

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful card Grace - love the red and white combination, and the sentiment panel is fabulous.
Blessings
Maxine

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous card Grace!! I just love the lattice background with the red and white polkadotted background, your different colored and variety of sentiments and the added strawberry vine. So unique and creative!! Love it!! Miss you!!
hugs,
Chris