Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Judge not by the harvest but by the seeds planted....

ODBD Stamps: Garden Mini, I Dig You, designed by Grace Nywening
Hi my friends!  I hope  you are all well today!

I have a quick card to share that is also totally FLAT and easy to mail!!! :)

This is for this week's ODBDSLC165, which is a sketch, and for the Color Challenge on SCS this week.

My stamps are ODBD I Dig You, Garden Mini, and Gingham Backgroud. I also used the ODBD Custom Fancy Foliage Die and the Elegant Oval die. The bg die is SB Resplendent Rectangles. The designer paper is Paper Studio. Images are stamped with Memento and colored with copics.

This was really a quick easy card, which I know a lot of us need to move to.... not every card can take hours! lol!  

I am enjoying this month's garden themed release at ODBD and I hope you are inspired by them as well!  Here are the ODBD products used:
FANCY FOLIAGE DIES
GINGHAM BACKGROUNDGARDEN MINI SET I DIG YOU!  
ELEGANT OVAL DIES 
I am entering this in the following challenges:
  C is for Challenge -  Fresh & Bright   One Stitch At A Time -  In the summer Penny Black and More In the Garden Quirky Crafts - Great Picnic / BBQ The Craft Garden -  Inspiration Photo* Challenges and candies - No.15 - Colours, Smells and Taster of Summer

22 comments:

Cards By Jan said...

Oh Grace...what an awesome card for the challenge, I love that lil basket of strawberries, so yummy, and that shovel is sooo cute, and what an awesome verse...I think it says it all!!
Blessings & Hugs

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Grace! I love the stamps and the lacy border! It sure doesn't look like a quick card! Hugs!

Sandra's Inspirational Spot said...

Beautiful card!

Conniecrafter said...

very cute, the paper is a great compliment for the images!

Patti J said...

So pretty, Grace! Can't wait for the Collinsville show. ODBD is always there! Thanks for the inspiration!

lorrayneingram said...

I like this card and quote. I am going to use this quote at my marketing meeting this week.

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card!!!Love the sentiment!!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love this Grace - the green and red together is fabulous, and the sentiement is profound.
Blessings
Maxine

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a beautiful card Grace!! I just love your take on the sketch with the green chevron background, the added gingham strips and the sentiment with the basket and shovel to frame it. Gorgeous!!
Thanks for making a sample for this week's challenge!!

Miss you!!!
hugs,
Chris

Kerry said...

Beautiful work. Thanks for playing along with us at The Craft Garden this month.

Ellibelle said...

Such a beautiful card! I love the sketch and beautiful sentiment! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Penny Black and More! Good luck, and hope we see you again soon!

Traci S. said...

Hi Grace~

Beautiful card! I do not garden or can vegetables and fruits, but I just love the fresh summer colors and theme you have used here. A flat card by you? Impossible! But then again all things are possible...

His,
Traci Starkweather

Clare Curcio said...

This is a very sweet card! Love it! I hope you & Alan are well.

Andreja said...

Beautiful card you made! I like the sentiment :-))
Thanks for joining us at "Izazovi i SlatkiĊĦi" :-))
Hugs, Andreja

Ali said...

Such a pretty card. I love that chevron paper and the fresh colours - and that gorgeous punched border!

Thanks for entering our In The Summer challenge at OSAAT this week and good luck! :D

Ali

Mervi said...

Hi, fabulous sentiment, beautiful card.
Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more Challenge, good luck;-))m

Nikki Byrne said...

Beautiful card and wonderful summery strawberries! Thank you for sharing it with us this week at OSAAT and good luck. Hugs
NIKKI DT

Jan Marie said...

I dig this card!! Love your clever use of the sketch and the bright and cheery colors. Sweet!! Blessings and hugs!

Shirley said...

A delightful card Grace. I love the die cut edge and the cute basket of Strawberries. It reminds me of sunny days.
Thank you for entering our " in the garden" challenge at Penny Black and More and we hope to see you again soon.

Shirley

Jennipher said...

I love this Grace! Of course only you can come up with a flat card and still allow it to have some elegant flair to it!

Unknown said...

This card is simply beautiful and the sentiment is so true and inspiring. I would like to thank you for entering my 'C... is for challenge' blog and I wish you good luck in the draw.
Hugs,
Anna xxx

Chris Stern / CS Designs said...

Grace, this is is such a pretty card and I love the strawberries and sentiment you used. Thank you for sharing your lovely piece in our August challenge at The Craft Garden.
:) Chris / CS Designs