Friday, December 6, 2013

A Valentine for someone special!


Hello friends!  I hope you are all well!!!

Today I wanted to show you a sweet way of using this month's release from Our Daily Bread designs to make a Valentine for that special one you love!  Valentines Day is not that far away and often creeps up on me after the busy Christmas season!  So.... when Splitcoast Stampers had a red and white color  Clean and Simple challenge, I decided to try a valentine.

I used Ornate Borders and Flowers, Ornate Frame Sentiments, and Ornate Borders and Flowers Dies to create this card.  It is 5.25" square on a real red base.  The white layer is embossed with a Nellie Snellen folder, and then I stamped the beautiful floral frame from the Ornate Borders and Flowers set, matted it with a Spellbinders Decorative Labels 22, and added a SB classic scalloped heart layer to mat my I love you sentiment on.  Both the frame and the sentiment panel were cut with the ODBD Custom Ornate Borders and Flowers Die, as was the little flower I added to the bow.  I stamped that with VersaMark, sprinkled clear embossing powder and glitter on it, heat embossed it, sponged on real red ink, and then wiped off the ink that was resisted by the embossed areas.  I then heated it again from the bottom to just reheat that embossing and make it pop.  By doing it from the bottom you are much less likely to over heat it.  The ribbon itself is May Arts Wrinkled Ribbon, ad I added a few pearls to embellish.

I am off to meet my daughter and grandkids for the day, so I will keep this short.... I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!

Thanks so much for looking! 

10 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

What stunning colors

CherylQuilts said...

Grace, this is gorgeous! I so love red and white together, and the new stamps works so beautifully! I love it, and so will HE! Hugs, precious friend!

Carla S. said...

Wow! This is gorgeous, Grace! I love the pops of red against the white! Beautiful stamps! Enjoy your day! Hugs!

Terry said...

Grace, this card is so elegant! I simply love it, and it would so easy to change the center out and make it into a Christmas Card!

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace this card is absolutely stunning - love every little detail on it!
Blessings
Maxine

Patty Sue 2 said...

A beautiful valentine! Fabulous layout.

Diane J said...

I love the red and white!! Beautiful - Stunning

Diane J said...

I love the red and white!! Beautiful - Stunning

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous. The red and white are so stunning.

SarahGeorge said...

Gorgeous card,Grace! Hope you had some wonderful time with your daughter and grand kids.