Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Get Well Soon!!!


Hello friends!  I hope you are all doing well!

Today I want to share something different for me. I know I usually do Our Daily Bread designs cards, but I have had this set for a while and just have not had time to use it.   This is a card I made for a Splitcoast Stampers color challenge a couple weeks ago, but have not had time to share here.  I used a new to me SU! set I have always wanted because I love the sentiments in the set.  Its called Thoughts and Prayers.  I am trying to keep a rack stocked at my church where people can take a card if they want, and if the wish, they can leave a donation in a locked box which totally goes to a missions fund... but they don't have to leave anything to take a card.  Certain categories of cards are hard to keep in stock... and this is one.... get well!  I bought this set because the images don't need to be colored.  I simply used my SU! markers to color the stamp before I stamped it, and that was all I did.  So between the easy images and fantastic sentiments, I think this set will be used a lot here.

I used white for my base, added a layer of My Mind's Eye Be Happy, then a mat of Crisp Cantelope, and the sentiment panel is matted in Old Olive.  The dies are SB Butterfly Corners and the embossing folder is an Anna Griffin folder by Cuttlebug.  The little butterfly is Prima. 

So... I'm in the process of going through my craft room and pulling out some things that I either have too much of or just don't need any more.  Soon I'll be writing to one of my faithful followers to get your address and send you a little love.  This IS the season of giving after all!  :)  Thank you all for the love and support you give me here... it really means a lot to me and I love hearing from you!

Today's thought:
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.  Col. 3:23

13 comments:

Carla S. said...

This is beautiful, Grace! I don't use many of my SU sets anymore, but this one is a go-to for sympathy and get well! Wonderful colors and layout! Hugs!

MariLynn said...

Grace, this is gorgeous. I can see why you wanted this set. Love the butterfly.

Anonymous said...

Yours is one of the first blogs I check every day.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous above is me...rebya2@yahoo.com

Tammy said...

This is one of my favorite sets also, thanks for showing what you did with it!

Sue G. said...

Grace, your card is beautiful, as are all of your creations!!! I am a SU demonstrator, so I really appreciate your using a SU product for this card!! What a wonderful idea about leaving cards at church for others to use and donations to a fund! I may have to ask my pastor if that is something I can do too. Thank you for your constant inspiration both creatively and spiritually.

Pattyb said...

This is also one of my favorite SU stamps. such a lovely set, and you've made a beautiful card from it! I love what you're doing at your church. what a wonderful idea!
thanks for sharing your talent with us,a Grace. you're
"one in a million" !

Bobbi-spapertrail.blogspot.com said...

Hi Grace. ..this is a beauty and I am also a SU demonstrator and love your idea of keeping a card rack at church. We card makers accumulate a lot if cards and I am also going to see if can do the same at my church. Love your creations as always. Hugs!

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card Grace. I love this set also. It is very nice of you to make the cards for your church members and also donate the money to Missions. I hadn't thought of that, but I do send my cards to my church members for BD, anniversaries, and get well.

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Grace this is so sweet - and what a wonderful ministry!! Love the colours you have used in the layering.
Blessings
Maxine

SarahGeorge said...

Wonderful card Grace, as always! And your idea to keep your cards at your church is such a wonderful thing. I'm sure people would love your cards :) and what a beautiful cause it is for!

Conniecrafter said...

such a pretty card to lift someone's mood who isn't feeling well. I like that you let the people donate what they can for the cards. Our church has a bake and craft sale once a month and what we sell goes for those in need that are having a hard time making it month to month.

CherylQuilts said...

Grace, this is a real beauty! I had to chuckle as I read your blog post, since I've bee thinking along those links for about a month or more…and have decided to do the same with my "stash" of stuff! It's such a joy to give and bless others, and it's one way to do it! Hugs, precious friend!