Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A Berry Sweet Sketch Challenge!

ODBD stamps: Canning Jars, Canning Jar Fillers, Canning Jar Fillers 2, Strawberries, designed by Grace Nywening

Today I am sharing a card I made for this week's Shining the Light Challenge over on the ODBD Blog!  It's a sketch challenge this week!  




I stamped the image with Memento, and then using my stamp positioner, I stamped the strawberries inside the jar and colored with Copics.  I cut with the custom canning jar die.  My designer paper is Lasting Impressions and Pink Paisley (the stripes).  I repurposed a coaster from a trip to Olive Garden.  They gave me several and I knew I could put them to good use!  My tag is cut with a SB tag die and I embellished with some ribbon and pearls.  This is a CAS sketch and I left it that way.  I'm beginning to get the hang of CAS I think.... I'm a lot less uncomfortable with it so that's progress!!! :)

Have a wonderful week!

 



12 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, this is gorgeous! Your coloring is fabulous, and you have definitely gotten comfortable with CAS! Beautiful take on this week's sketch challenge, and I love the strawberries...look delicious! Don't we just love things like the coaster from Olive Garden? Works perfectly, sweet friend! Warm hugs!!

SarahGeorge said...

So beautiful! Perfect colouring and the strawberries look Yummy :)

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Grace.

Hugs Riet.xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Grace!! I just love your take on the sketch, your choice of dp, your CAS design (Yay Grace you aced it!!) and your delish coloring (those strawberries look good enough to eat).

Thanks for sharing it with the challenge dear friend!! I should have posted it on the blog!!

hugs,
Chris

Alshandra said...

Gorgeous card Grace! Love the colours you've used and LOVE those strawberries - they look yum!

Linda Carson said...

Olive Garden? Get out! We had carry out from there last night but didn't know to ask for coasters!! You card is absolutely delightful! Love the matching stripes on the banner and lid and esp. those luscious colored berries! YUM!

Traci M said...

Hi Grace! I love the crisp white doily with your perfectly positioned berries...such a pretty card! Hope you are doing well!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love the crisp clean colour palette you used Grace, and the perfect bow is the stunning finish to this beautiful card.
Blessings
Maxine

Becky said...

Yummy looking Grace! I love the coaster idea....I'll have to remember that next time I go to Olive Garden, lol. Your designs are so inspiring...I always find ideas here. Thanks!

no blog post said...

Oh my, this is my first visit to your blog, and I am blown away by the first card I saw. It is such a striking card with the bright, happy colors. I will have to visit again.

Conniecrafter said...

Lovely coloring of the strawberries and just love the coaster, great touch with the image!

TLady said...

Those strawberries look GOOD ENOUGH TO EAT!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!! (YES, I'm hungry!!!! LOL I haven't had breakfast yet!) :) SUPER WORK GRACE!!!! :)