Friday, February 14, 2014

Give it a try, whispered the heart!

Hello friends!!!   I hope you are all doing well!!! 

Today I'm sharing a tri-fold card I made with this month's ODBD release! The card itself is 5" x 5.5".  To create it I just cut a 5.5" x 10" piece of blush blossom card stock, and scored at 2.5 and 7.5".  Folded the two outside panels in, and decorated front and inside. 

 I decorated the front with this gorgeous key design paper from the ODBD Heart and Soul Collection.  LOVE this 6 x 6" pad!  I used this month's luscious ODBD Custom Ornate Heart Dies to cut two hearts from blush blossom card stock, and then the lacy die from ivory card stock and bronze card stock.   I layered them together with the second layer of the lacy die cut from the bronze card just slightly offset from the ivory, just to give a shadow to the die cuts.  I also used my VersaMark pen to very unprecisely outline the hearts and embossed them with Midieval Metals embossing powder. I adhered them as shown below, and they kind of latch over/under to keep the card closed pretty well.  I added a couple ivory corner dies from the ODBD Custom Decorative Corners die, and embossed the edges of my key paper the same as the hearts. 
   
 
 .

  I used Love You Bunches, and stamped my sentiment on ivory card stock, and embossed it with Medieval Metal EP.  I cut that with a SB Labels 28, and then with a Decorative Labels 28 from bronze card stock.   I matted that on to a third layer (Labels 28 cut from blush blossom card) and then I created a belly band to wrap around my card.  First I cut the length of ivory card stock I needed, then I die cut the gorgeous lace trim from the newly released ODBD Custom Beautiful Borders Dies, and overlaid that on the ivory.  Adhered it all together and that forms the band that holds the card together.  I decorated with a few heart pearls but kept it simple so the dies and stamps took center stage.

On the inside, I used more heart dies and decorative corner dies from bronze card stock, and I used the gorgeous Bless Your Heart image to emboss this gorgeous flourished design on my blush blossom card stock, cut it out with the custom ornate heart dies, and adhered to the bronze larger heart die cut.  I added the decorative corners and a bronze key from K&Co to complete the look.

 

I hope you enjoyed my card today.  It is a little different, but it was fun to create. 


Thanks so much for stopping by!  I'll be giving away another little bundle of goodies soon, so if you are a regular, please just be sure you leave a comment!  If you do not have an email address associated with your profile, or if your profile is not open to the public, I will announce the winner here or on your blog if you have one... otherwise I will just email you to get your address!

Today's Blessing, 

Phil. 4:8
Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable- think about such things.  

Hugs,
 

9 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, this is gorgeous! What an amazing creation and design! I just love your belly band...you constantly amaze me with your creativity! And I love how you've used the beautiful new heart dies and borders, and the sentiment is perfection for today! I simply love it...and it says it all! ...whispered the heart! Precious, sweet friend! Warm hugs!

JD/ Jill said...

Wow! This is a beautiful card...both inside and out. What an amazing design...

Irish Cherokee said...

Just beautiful grace.

Tenia Nelson said...

So so GORGEOUS!!!! :)

Becky said...

What a fabulous card Grace, wonderful design.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is such a fun fold and beautiful design Grace!! I want to be you when I grow up. LOL! Gorgeous!!!
hugs,
Chris

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning Grace - love the touch of gold which makes this just so so classy!
Blessings
Maxine

Sherry said...

your card is gorgeous!!!! love the belly band on it!!

SarahGeorge said...

Stunning card, Grace! Absolutely gorgeous!! love the creativity:)