Saturday, March 29, 2014

Let me Rest in the shelter of the Cross!

Hello friends!  I hope you are doing well!

Today I have a sneak peek for you at some fabulous new stamps and dies coming your way from Our Daily Bread designs on April 1st!  For this card, I used a set called The Cross, Flourish Label Borders, and Ornament Cross Dies, as well as Vintage Floral Pattern Dies.  Oh.... can you say LOVE???  You will love these sets and gorgeous dies!   The Vintage Floral Pattern Die set includes this beautiful white die cut background as well as several labels/sentiment dies.  The sentiment above is one of several I submitted to the set, and is also stamped with the Flourish Label Border stamps.  The paper is also a new release, and is called Christian Faith Paper Collection.  I die cut the cross and matted it on one of the labels from the Vintage Floral Pattern Dies.  I popped it up on dimensionals and added 3 sequins as well as a lily.

 I know when we use sequins we usually scatter them randomly, but I had a purpose in where I placed them this time.  You see, there is a hole in the center of each sequin, and you would either pierce a needle through the hole to sew it on, or you might  add a brad to hold it on.  This reminded me of the nails that pierced our Savior's hands and feet on that sad day that He was put to death.  There was nothing pretty about the cross He died on... and I don't for a minute want to portray that... however, as believers we know that He did not stay on that cross, and He did not stay in the tomb they buried Him in.  Three days later, He arose from the dead, conquering death once and for all for all those who would believe and receive Him as their one and only way to be redeemed and forgiven!  We can celebrate with joy and beauty this most sacred of seasons, because He lives, and we too can live eternally in a place far better than our human minds could ever conceive of,  if we know Him! So I simply ask... do YOU know Him?  Are you looking forward to the day you'll meet Him face to face and thank Him for all He has done for you?  This is the God of the universe, The Creator of all things, The One who sustains all things we're talking about!!!  Does that not blow your minds?  That One so great would be willing to die for me so that I could be forgiven of the sin I could never pay for myself... I can hardly conceive it, yet by faith I believe it!  So... this is why I  submitted this sentiment.  Let me REST in the shadow of the cross!  Because He died, I am forgiven... because He lives, I too can live!  I don't have to strive and worry, nor do I need to fear death... I can REST!  Thank you Lord Jesus!

I am entering this in the final ODBD 6th Anniversary Celebration, with the Shining the Light Challenge,  to have fun with your ODBD stamps and Dies!   I am also entering it in this week's Word Art Wednesday, which is always anything goes with either the free digi given there, or any Scripture or encouraging sentiment!

If you've read this far... thank you!  May YOU Rest in the shadow of the cross!

Blessings,

18 comments:

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, love the design of the cross and the sentiment is a good one for any time of the year

Irish Cherokee said...

Gorgeous card. The colors are perfect for our Lord. Elegant in every way. A royal card for Him.

Blessings

Mickie said...

Amen!!!! Such a beautiful card Grace! I can't wait to meet my Lord face to face.

Pamela Haskin said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors too.

Becky said...

Amen Grace. Beautiful card.

DebR said...

This is gorgeous! Love everything about it.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, I agree! Amen! And your card is so amazing and stunning in every gorgeous detail! I loved reading your precious words about our wonderful Savior! Sweet hugs, wonderful friend!

Basslady said...

a deeply touching card, dear grace!
blessings and greetings from germany,
silvi

Unknown said...

Oh Grace, this is just so pristine and beautiful. Thank you for joining us this week at Word Art Wednesday. Blessings, Carole

Kathy Jones said...

So beautiful Grace! Love the rich hues of purple and lovely die cuts! Love the way you did the sentiment!! Hugs to you! :)

Kelley said...

Love the purple theme, the lily and the sequins! Awesome!

kiwimeskreations said...

Beautiful card Grace - and without the cross I would still be lost! Oh what a blessing the cross is, but even more, what joy to know Jesus rose!!
Blessings
MAxine

SarahGeorge said...

Another lovely creation, Grace. Yes, where else can we find true rest!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is absolutely stunning, Grace. But then again, every piece you create is just as lovely as the next. I thank you so sincerely for sharing your lovely talents with us. Hope you're doing well, and having a very blessed week.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Saints Rule! said...

This is so beautiful Grace! I love the colors and that sweet lily! Just amazing! Thank you for joining us this week at Word Art Wednesday! We hope you join us again!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how gorgeous Grace!! I just love the royal purple, your use of dies and the added details!! Your words are so beautifully written!! We owe so much to our Lord!! There is no greater gift than Grace!!
hugs,
Chris

Jo Ann said...

Wow, what an exceptional card. Love how you worked the purple and used it effectively on this design. The verse is so wonderful and the die-cuts are awesome! Thank you for blessing us with your artwork this week at Word Art Wednesday. Would love to see you join us again in our next Challenge. Leaving you with a blessing from God's Word in Joshua 1:9- "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Hugs always!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Alshandra said...

What an awesome card Grace with such meaning! Thanks for sharing about the sequins - I don't think I'll look at sequins the same again - what a wonderful reminder of our Saviour and what He has done for us! Thanks for supporting us in the ODBD Shining the Light challenge with this card too :-)