Friday, April 11, 2014

Words Cannot Say...

Our Daily Bread designs stamps" Chalkboard Vine Background, Chalkboard Lattice Background, No Words, Ornate Borders and Flowers, ODBD Vintage Flourish Pattern Dies, designed by Grace Nywening
Hello friends!  I hope you are all doing well!!!

Today's challenge on Splitcoaststampers was "I'll Take that Slice".  We were to cut away a part of the front of our card and this is what I came up with, using the cutaway on the inside.  I used Kraft card stock and Memento Black ink to create my patterned papers.  I used ODBD's Chalkboard Vine Background and Chalkboard Lattice Background, as well as No Words and Ornate Borders and Flowers sets.  I cut the two labels with ODBD's Vintage Flourish Pattern Dies, and the matting behind them is a SB Majestic Label 25.  The edge is cut out with a SB A2 Bracket Border.  The flowers are from Wild Orchid and the punched boughs are Martha Stewart.

Here is how it looks closed:

Our Daily Bread designs stamps" Chalkboard Vine Background, Chalkboard Lattice Background, No Words, Ornate Borders and Flowers, ODBD Vintage Flourish Pattern Dies, designed by Grace Nywening


I'm going to keep my post short today as I'm getting ready to have some sweet grandma time with the kids... I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!

Today's Blessing:
1 Chronicles16:8
Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim His greatness.  Let the whole world know what He has done.

8 comments:

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Grace! It's so elegant! Wonderful design! Enjoy your time with the grandkids! Hugs!

Irish Cherokee said...

An elegant design Grace. It also has an old fashioned feel that I just love. The flowers are the perfect finishing touch.

JD/ Jill said...

So very nicely done. Great job with the challenge!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful card Grace - love the way you have used the papers and that cut is fabulous.
Blessings
Maxine

BJ Searcy said...

Beautiful card. Love the way you used the pattern papers.

seamom said...

What a great card! It is beautiful and indeed unique. I missed the chalenge... so I'm sure glad I follow your blog!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, love that framing and love that the cut a way part is shaped!!
Hope you had a great time with the grandkids!

Becky said...

Good morning Grace.. This sure is a stunning card. I just love the design and details.
Have a fabulous day.
Sending you hugs & blessings.