Monday, April 30, 2012

A quick sneak peek!

Happy-Retirement

Hello friends!  I have a quick sneak peek to share with you!  Tomorrow Our Daily Bread designs will be releasing four new sets, and this is just to give you a little taste of what's to come!  

I used Happy Retirement, stamping the image with Memento Ink and coloring with Copics.  The sentiments are stamped with Versafine Ink.  The DP is K&Co Sea Glass die cut mat, and the base is Martha Stewart.  I created an easel card using Spellbinders Labels 8.  I shaded the edges of each layer with a black marker, then THoltz Distress Ink in Black Soot.  The netting is a recycled apple bag.  To bring out the hammock I went over the brown stamped lines with a black Micron pen to pop it a bit. I added a few little shells as finishing touches.

Hope you like my project...and don't miss the blog hop tomorrow for plenty of chances to win just for hopping along!!!  See you then!

Grace

11 comments:

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Grace! What a wonderful scene! Your coloring is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Very nice Grace, a beauty as always!

Wendy said...

This is lovely Grace... retirement or not - I'm right there on that hammock (in my dreams)!!! This picture looks like bliss to me :D

Unknown said...

This is a perfect card for a man especially. The little shells are perfect Grace.

Nan G said...

Love your card and all the elements you've used! Will have to look up 'easel card', I've never made one and this is so cool!

Becky said...

Oh I love this, Grace! The hammock is so inviting with the ocean in the background...that's my kind of relaxation :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Gorgeous Masculine creation Grace!! Love your coloring, the dp and your easel design!
hugs,
Chris

wannabcre8tive said...

A very beautiful scene. Love this card.

Bobbi Miller said...

WOW! I love this ~ As a Pisces gal, I love the water and sea and anything to do with water. This is just gorgeous! You are so talented and I can't wait to see the new sets! TFS! Bless you!

Clare said...

Wow, Grace, this is a wonderful card! Awesome!

Joanne (jojot) said...

Amazing...rich, warm...love every detail...and wow...there is a lot of detail work on this one, Grace...lovely work