Sunday, December 29, 2013

Bottles of Lavender (a sneak peek)!


Hello my friends!  I do hope you all enjoyed a wonderful Christmas!  I know that sometimes this season is very difficult for many, and I am thinking especially this year of several friends and loved ones who spent this holiday without a loved one, and I want you to know that I have been praying for you all!  May God be your All Sufficient One and may the greatness of His Gift give you joy in spite of sorrow, hope in spite of pain!

I enjoyed much treasured time with my family, for which I am always thankful!  However, before we left town, I did play a little with some fabulous new stamps to be released by Our Daily Bread designs on Jan. 1. I have a friend and neighbor who has a birthday just around the corner and I wanted to give a hand made gift along with some other things I'll tuck in.  These bottles give you a peek at two sets coming your way soon... Lavender (used on both bottles), and Joy in a Jar (the frame on the larger bottle).  Both were stamped with Memento, colored with Copics and Colored Pencils, and cut with the ODBD Custom Antique Labels and Border dies.  I aged the labels just a bit with Antique Linen Distress Ink.    I used burlap and lace to wrap around the bottles, and I tied a simple bow around the neck of each bottle with lavender seam binding.  On the larger bottle I added a charm and beads, and on the smaller, I added a heart from Websters Pages.
 
What's inside you might ask?  Well, the smaller bottle has lavender scented Epson Salt!  I had found a recipe on Pinterest on making my own, and intended to make my own, but then I went to CVS to buy plain Epsom Salt and lookie what I found!  Already done!  Let me just say... this stuff is wonderful!!! 


 If you just want to make your own, or you can't find this product near where you live, you can find a recipe for Lavender Bath Salts HERE.    You can find SEVERAL recipes for making Lavender Water for multiple purposes HERE.  

EDITED TO ADD:  The bottles were from Hobby Lobby.

I hope this has made you just  a little curious about what is being released Jan 1 and that you'll be back to see the full release then!  

Thanks so much for stopping by!  My next gift recipient will be chosen very soon... so please be sure if you stop by frequently, to leave me comments so I know you're here!!!  This is not advertised... I just decide to select one person from my regular commenters to bless with a little bundle of love from me to you! I will contact the winner via email (if you have your email listed on your blog or your public profile) or a blog comment if you have a blog.   If a winner does not have a blog or email address listed in their profile, or if their profile is not public, I will announce the winner's name here on my blog and you can contact me! God has blessed me with so much... and I want to pass a little along to you!

Blessings,


19 comments:

Riet said...

so wonderful Grace.


Hugs Riet.xx

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, what a gorgeous gift set! Yes, this is a difficult time of year, and I know so many who have truly suffered great loss...praise God for His comfort that is offered to all! Hugs, sweet friend!

Anonymous said...

What a great gift idea...I don't always comment but I always check out your blog...daily just to see what you have created. Blessings to all this Christmas season!
Bonnie
blundquist@wavecable.com

Carla S. said...

What a beautiful gift set, Grace! I love the pretty lavender accents! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and wishing you a blessed New Year! Hugs!

Becky said...

Grace, I don't always comment but I do check your blog daily...I love this set and your design if fabulous. Makes me want to head out to CVS right now and look for those epsom salts, lol. I've just gotten back into paper crafting in the past couple of months after a year or so off but I do love the ODBD stamps & dies.

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Grace these are stunning - and I am already wanting the lavender set - I love lavender, in fact I have just harvested and am currently drying this years crop :-).
Blessings
Maxine

Bette Henson said...

Grace!
These bottles are gorgeous. I am looking forward to ODBD release on 1/1/14. Would you please be kind enough to share with us the source for your beautiful bottles. Thanks for continuing to share your talent with us.

Unknown said...

Grace, Your bottles are gorgeous. And what a nice idea, lavender scented Epsom Salts. I must try it! I am always amazed at your work, and it blesses me as well as it's recipients! Thank you for sharing your talent with all of us!

Grace said...

Bette I edited the post but want to mention here too in case this is where you check.... the bottles came from Hobby Lobby but I have seen them in all the big box craft stores! Hope that helps!!!

Lenoria said...

I love seeing what you have created and I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and wishes for a blessed New Year!

Sherry Kushibab said...

Sweet Grace, I have been so lax leaving comments, just sneaking in and out after looking....love that you got some inspiration from Pinterest and were able to use some new ODBD stamps (can't wait to see the finished product)

Kaye said...

What a delightful way to use the new release! Who wouldn't love to receive these as a gift?

Bobbi Miller said...

Grace, what a lovely lovely gift set! And I'm not just commenting to win either! Lavender scent is my all time favorite; I spray a mist on my pillows at night for relaxation and just overall goodness! I can't wait to see the new sets too! Bless you and your family; and Happy New year!

SarahGeorge said...

Lovely gift and a beautiful stamp set! Both are simply wonderful!. Hope you too had a joyous Christmas dear Grace.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Hello Sweet Friend!! I had to pop in to see you and say hi before losing internet when going down state. I miss chatting with you dear friend!!

Your lavender gift set is so elegant, creative and beautiful!! A great gift that the recipient will love!!

Praying for you!! TTYS!!!
Happy New Year!!
hugs,
Chris

lorrayneingram said...

It is amazing to find all the recipes on Pinterest. I have made a few. On of my friends repurposed a jar with some candy that she tagged and gave me for Christmas. I have another friend who would enjoy your jars of lavender salts. I intended on making some scented salts. SAMs club had a bucket of Epsom salts for pretty reasonable. I have the oils, I found a pretty bottle yesterday. Thank you for a great idea for tags. They are beautiful gifts.

Elizabeth said...

Grace, these are lovely! I'm rather fond of lavender, so I know these stamps will be going on my wish list! Maybe I'll even be blessed with a set for my birthday! (Note to self: make order...call husband to computer to click 'confirm order' button! Tell him what he just gave me for my birthday. =D)

nancy said...

I look at your picture and always think how blessed you are. I know that smile is always there. Well, most of the time.

In a way I envy your life. My has been blessed but to be married for so long is what I always wanted. Iknow envy is a sin but I could not think of another word.
Thanks for your great blog and you love of God. Blessing to you and yours.

A Christian friend, Nancy


Sandy said...

Grace, I always look forward to reading your wonderful words about our God. "Thanks always for being down to earth, humble, and sharing you knowledge of the Lord with us. God bless you!