Tuesday, December 10, 2013

A Gift Card Holder just in time for Christmas!


Hello friends!  I hope you are all doing well!  

Today I want to share a gift card holder I designed for a couple challenges this week.  The challenge over at the ODBD Shining the Light Challenge is to create a different fold, or something 3-D.  While the front of this card might not look like it's a different fold, but when you see the inside, you can see that it is!  The SCS TLC this week was to create a  gift card holder, and I needed a couple, so this was my perfect opportunity!

The card itself is created by die cutting two strips of 4 1/4" wide vanilla card stock  with a Spellbinders A2 Scalloped Border die, then measuring from the top of the scallop to 5 1/4" in length, and cutting the opposite edge with your paper cutter, being sure to keep it  square.  Score each piece 3" from the squared off edge, and fold. 


I used score tape to adhere the outside edges of the scalloped folded pieces together, creating a pocket for my gift card.  Now all you have to do is embellish however you wish!  I used the December release Ornate Background stamp from ODBD, and ColorBox Harbor Pigment ink and stamped several pieces of background to adhere to the inside and outside of the gift card holder.  For the front of the card, I stamped the little sentiment "A Gift For You" from the Ornate Border Sentiments set, and the frame from Ornate Borders and Flowers set, and I die cut that frame from the Ornate Borders and Flowers Die set.  I adhered that to the center of a shimmery vanilla ornament I had die cut with the ODBD Fancy Ornaments die set.  This panel was designed by Michelle Laycock to perfectly fit in the center of the ornament and it does so beautifully!



I decided since this is a tiny card, not to over-embellish it, so I added a little piece of Washi tape and a silver hanger for my ornament, cut from the same Fancy Ornaments die set, and added a blue snowflake crystal stick on at the top.  It's simple, but still a personal and pretty presentation for a gift card.  I hope you might give it a try!

Are you feeling the "bustle" of the season yet?  I certainly have been getting busy with lots of things going on... but it's such a wonderful time of year!  I am determined to take more special time each day this season to thank my Lord for His indescribable gift, and to not let the busy preparations, the special programs, parties, gift buying, wrapping, baking, making and sending cards etc.  deter me from that!  I hope you'll join me in that commitment!  It's ALL about Jesus!  Emmanuel.... God with us!!!

11 comments:

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous gift card holder, Grace! The holder itself is a beautiful gift! Very elegant! Hugs!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Grace, what a beautiful gift card holder! You are so clever and creative, and it's going to be a hit! And I love the reminder that indeed God is with us!! Hugs, precious friend!

Patti J said...

Beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration! Hugs...

Patti J said...

Beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration! Hugs...

kiwimeskreations said...

Grace this is gorgeous - the paper is perfect and I love he way you have used the wavy edge on the pouch, and the silver ornament.
Blessings
Maxine

Marsha said...

Such a pretty gift card holder. Thanks for the inspiration.

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous, love this design for a gift card!

SarahGeorge said...

Yes, it's very true Grace. Jesus is the reason for the season! And your gift card holder is so beautiful :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is such a beautiful gift card holder, Grace!! I love your use of the background, the silver ornament and the inside pocket. Everything you do is gorgeous sweet friend!!
hugs,
Chris

Robin Clendenning said...

so pretty in blues!! love the pattern and the great fold!

Lucy E. said...

This is such a great idea and it is so lovely!