Tuesday, June 14, 2011

SNS Always Time For You

SNS FLKR sz

Hello everyone! I made this card last month when I was a Guest Designer for Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps but have not posted it here on my blog yet. I made it using SNS Tea Time. I stamped the tea cup three times on scraps of designer paper from Prima Sparkling Springs and one piece of Crafty Secrets. I cut them out and with a craft blade cut along the front top lip of each cup, then I tucked each cup into the next to create my stacked pile of cups. The base is white (Flourishes) and the dp is Prima Sparkling Springs. I sewed lace onto my paper diagonal strips but it totally doesn't show up in the photo! I stamped half of one of the sentiments in the set in black on white and cut with a Spellbinders Fancy Tag set and every layer is popped up on dimensionals. The ribbon is Martha Stewart and I added four white pearls.

I scheduled this post for this week because I am off enjoying time with my grand kids and daughter. I am sorry I have almost no computer time so my commenting is down.... I promise to make it up to you after this week! :) This is my family vacation that I look forward to all year long! The kids are growing so quickly. This year our grandson who is 13 learned to wakeboard! Our granddaughter is loving tubing and swimming....we had a great day trip to a local gem mine, and a hike in the mountains is planned for tomorrow. We are all just enjoying being together!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you are enjoying a wonderful week!

Hugs,

17 comments:

Sabrina Jackson said...

Grace, what a sweet card!! I love those tea cups! Hope you are having a ball with your grandbabies!! Hugs, Sabrina

The Mama Monkey said...

First off, enjoy your vacation!! I am leaving next week to take my kids to my hometown...first time in 5 years! So excited!

Love your card as always! The tea cups look real! Awesome paper piecing on them!

Unknown said...

Hello Grace, wow what a lovely card. The paper piecing is so wonderful, you made them look like real cups!! I hope you're enjoying your vacation!! Hugs, Frea

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Beautiful Grace!! I just love your paper pieced cups and your colors!! Gorgeous gf!! Miss you!!!
hugs,
Chris

Off to the dentist I go....Yuck!!!

Becky said...

This is lovely Grace.. You stamped those tea cups perfectly on that design paper.

Lori said...

Beautiful! Your bow is amazing, just lovely. Hey, we all get behind, don't sweat it. Good to hear your having fun with your family, well deserved, Grace.

Anonymous said...

Grace your card is stunning!! LOVE those pretty papers and such an elegant design hun!! :)

Unknown said...

Those are such pretty papers, and enjoy your visit! I have had a busy time lately myself, so I truly understand!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Hello sweet lady. Sounds like you are making some wonderful memories grandma! I just dropped off DD at the airport today :( . It was wonderful to have her for 10 days.

This card is gorgeou! I love all the lace and frills. Just perfect for teacup images. Pink Persimmon has some tiny mini ones in one of their sets and I just designed an ATC in the same fashiion by stacking them, and I built a little bird nest in the top one! I'm so excited to share it, but have to wait til July.

Ann said...

So very sweet. You did SNS proud!

Linda Dale said...

Gorgeous card, so very pretty. I just love the sentiment, tea cups and everything about it.

Traci S. said...

Oh Grace,

This is stunning! You had to know I would love it! You are so creative in how you stacked these beautiful china cups! I really love each one...they look amazing! And, I love your table setting...the lace and trim is beautiful, I love that on the card behind the flowers. The pearls are a must have! And, that beautiful bow is just that...beautiful! I can see the lace! It is a very, very pretty addition to this amazing card! Made by an amazing person!

Enjoy your time...sounds like they have you running around...or is it vice-versa?

He IS Able,
Traci S.

Blog-o-Versary Candy! Books, Jewelry, Craft supplies...
http://He-IS-Able.blogspot.com

Ida said...

Oh your trip sounds like a lot of FUN! Glad you are enjoying time with your family.

Your card is so pretty. Wonderful colors, papers and embellishments.

seamom said...

Oh! How VERY pretty!

Shirley said...

A really beautiful card and the words are priceless!!!

Adeline Ng said...

Hey Grace, another pretty card! What a ingenious way to use the pattern paper with the lace to create the borders, I love it and do you mind if I use your idea sometimes in my card? And I love the sentiment too!

Traci M said...

Just had to leave a comment here...I love your teacup card!! Having these papers, you've inspired me to use them for something for tea...so very pretty and dainty!!