Sunday, September 18, 2011

On Eagles Wings

On-eagles-Wings

Hello my friends!  Hope you are enjoying a wonderful Sunday!  Here in NC there is the definite chill of fall and I am loving it!!!

With Sunday comes another Stampin Sisters in Christ Challenge!  Today our hostess is my sweet friend and DT sister, Chris Olsen.  Chris has chosen Isaiah 40:31 for this week's Scripture.  "They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with winds like eagles."  Chris' challenge is: Use wings and a biblical verse or quote on your creation.

I had to use this set from Our Daily Bread designs!  I love this verse and the eagle image is so fun and easy to color, and what an encouraging verse to send!

 Waiting on the Lord.... What does it really mean?  I believe that in the context of Is. 40 it means remaining faithful to God, no matter what the circumstance. There are times when we feel like we have hit bottom, and those times test our faith, to be sure.  However,  God, who is eternal and never sleeps, never grows weary, is able to restore us and give us renewed strength when we are broken and spent. I love the image of being lifted up, as an eagle lifts it's wings and soars!  Remaining faithful to God involves a steadfastness that is grounded in knowing that His will is best, and wanting His will for our lives, even when what we are going through doesn't seem to make sense.  God never forgets His people.  If you know Him as your Savior, and you remain faithful to Him.... He WILL renew you!  He WILL give you strength!  In our own strength, some days we can't hardly put one foot in front of the other.... but in His strength, we can soar!    Do you believe it?  His Word promises it! 

Here are the materials I used for this  card:
Stamps: Our Daily Bread designs On Eagles Wings, Serve the Lord (crocheted border)

Ink: SU! Baja Breeze, Memento, Versafine Spanish Moss
Card Stock: SU! Baja Breeze
Designer Paper: Prima Madeline, BasicGrey Curio
Accessories:  Spellbinders Mega Ovals and Mega Scalloped Ovals, SB Grand Circles and Grand Scalloped Circles, cut with the Grand Calibur, Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Accents, Pearls, tie dyed seam binding, Copics

Our sponsor this week is near and dear to my heart!
The prize is a $15.00 Gift Certificate toward stamps!


Be sure to stop by my DT sisters to see their take on this week's challenge!
  Linda Miesje, Rebecca Kris, PeggysueMariLynn, Chris,  and Traci

I am entering this in the following challenges:
Creatalicious Challenges- anything goes, Emerald Faerie Garden -  Challenge #9: Pearls, Crafty Ribbons - Anything Goes, Little Miss Muffet Challenges - Things With Wings, Paper Play - Use 2 or more stamped images (eagle & crocheted border), Shelly's Images - Anything Goes, Paper Take Weekly - Things With Wings, Tuesday Throwdown -#66 Pearls, Di's Digis Designs  Anything Goes, Sugar Creek Hollow  -Vintage, Shabby Chic or Primitive  -  Fancy Borders (I stamped lace borders), Inspire Me Fridays - always anything goes, Mami Doodles - all creatures great and small, Be Crafty - Beautiful Borders (I stamped mine)

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you soar with renewed strength!

39 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how stunning and beautiful Grace!! I just love your design, colors, choice of dp and that eagle....o.k. everything. LOL! I am a really admirer of all your creations my friend. You just amaze me with every creation!!

I love your take on the verse. Such an inspiration and comfort to know He will renew us. You know this verse has had a very special meaning in my life lately...

I miss you dear friend. I am looking forward to chatting when I return ....Have a great day!!

hugs,
Chris

Miesje said...

Oh my I love this card! That eagle is perfect! The colors are wonderful and that scripture verse was picked just for me wasn't it? {wink} I love your devotion too.

Becky said...

What a gorgeous color combo Grace, beautiful design.

Carla S. said...

This is gorgeous, Grace! I love the colors and papers and the amazing eagle! Wonderful verse!
Hugs!

Darlene said...

Happy Sunday Grace! This creation is just STUNNING!! I just LOVE every little detail! Another beautiful work of art! TFS

Thanks so much for joining our 'Anything Goes' challenge at Shelly's Images. Hope to see you again real soon!
Hugs to you!!

Darlene
Shelly's Images DT

Kristine said...

Beautifully perfect Grace! This is definately one of my favorite paper pads to use, and I love it with the eagle and this scripture too! Hope you have a blessed week.
Hugs,
Kris

Unknown said...

Breath taking, Grace! You've colored the eagle beautifully. The colors are layered perfectly and I love, love, love the variegated seam binding. Accident? heehee

Heidi said...

Your card is stunning!
Beautiful colours and design:)
The eagle is fantastc.
Heidi:)

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Grace this is absolutely fabulous and inspiring!! Love the music dp you have used.
Blessings
Maxine

marsha said...

Grace, this is just so elegant! I love your colors and what a fabulous image and scripture, also love the sheet music and the crocheted border. You are such an inspiration! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Sugar Creek Hollow challenge.
Hugs,
Marsha
SCH-DT

Joanne (jojot) said...

stunning creation...fab layout....a sense of motion

Clare Curcio said...

Beautiful, Grace!

Hobby Musician Keyboard said...

Dear grace,
I Just arrived at you blog. Oh my, do I love your art and creative mind! I'll be watching this blog closely, thank you for giving us so much of your time and mind. You make so wonderful and lovely works! I enjoyed the visit on your site. Many thanks for your beautiful inspirations!!
Many warm Hugs from Marina from Germany
I invited you gently to visit my creative Website: Bettyscardsandpaperdesign.com

Anonymous said...

An absolutely stunning card Grace! Wonderful verse and colours. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Papertake Weekly this week and good luck! x

Wordbird said...

Grace... this (as well as ALL of your creations!) is beautiful. I love the scripture with that majestic eagle.Your cards always have such wonderful design layout and balance. It's always a joy to stop by your blog!
Hugs!

velta said...

Another beautiful creation Grace! I also love your new banner...puts me in a "Fallish" mood! RFS!!

pinky said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons.
Pinky

Linda Carson said...

Stunning artwork! Truly creative! I so enjoy your playlist! I leave your blog open to listen while I'm on the computer! Blessings!

Benzi said...

Grace, your card just couldn't be more beautiful! I love it and the music playing...Amazing Grace.
How wonderful to come to your blog.

Thanks so much for playing with Tuesday Throwdown this week. Hope to see often.

Elizabeth said...

Grace, this card is so encouraging! The calm, cool colors go so well with the message of the Word!

I don't have time right now, but I'll be back later to catch up on all the lovely creations you've made will I was busy with other things.

Basslady said...

wow! what a stunning card!

i love the eagle-image and the verse...one of the first encouraging words i was given in my early years as a christian...still value it so much! what a great promise of god!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Carisa said...

this is absolutely breathtaking! those colors are stunning together. Thanks for joining us this week at Little Miss Muffet Challenges. :)

~Vittory~ said...

great card!Thanks for joining us for the Things with Wings challenge at Little Miss Muffet stamps! Hope to see you again!
With best wishes,
Viktoria

Traci S. said...

Hi Grace~

What an inspiration you are! Your wonderful card and your writing is such a blessing to each of us who reads it! Thank you for putting so much time and love into every project you make and in the writing you share so beautifully.

And, Congratulations! You were randomly chosen to receive this week's He IS Able Card of the Week
Give Away! It is a beautiful hand-made card that was donated for our weekly give-away. We hope you will use the card to share your love of the Lord, or the Gospel itself with friends or strangers!
Congratulations!

He IS Able!
Traci S.

http://He-IS-Able.blogspot.com

vicmbee said...

Beautiful I love the colour combo you've used .. thanks for joining in with the Emerald Faerie Challenge.. Vicki xxx

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Grace! Love the colors, the composition and the wonderful words you had to share as well.

marsha said...

Grace, how absolutely gorgeous! I love this set you have used and the crocheted border adds such elegance! You are always such an inspiration. Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Sugar Creek Hollow challenge.
Hugs,
Marsha
SCH-DT

Lisa said...

What a beautiful card! The eagle is gorgeous and I'm loving the colors. Thank you for joining us at Mami Doodles :)

(We are looking for new members to join our design team. Check out the blog for more info!)

Jess's Crafty Things said...

thanks for joining us at Di's Digi Challenge Blog and good luck with your entry - absolutely beautiful card hugs Jess

Denise Pustelniak said...

Grace, this is beautiful! The eagle, the verse, the whole thing!

MariLynn said...

Grace, this is gorgeous. I love the colors you used. I like the pearls and ribbon and the music background. Awesome job!!!

Little Birdie Blessings said...

Grace, your card is absolutely beautiful, I love the music background. Thanks for all you do to reflect and share God's love and His Word through your cards. ~ Abby

Janne said...

Nice card! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious Challenges.
Hugs, Janne

Sharon Basel said...

This card is so lovely. That crocheted border stamp is fabulous - just ordered it based on your beautiful card. Thanks so much for sharing this gorgeous card with us at Sugar Creek Hollow.

Lovely Linda said...

WOW Grace- this is just stunning! I love the colours and the music on your circle - the Dies are divine and the palette you used is stunning! I just love your creations - they never fail to inspire, along with your words from the heart!! Thank you my friend! {{{hugs}}}

America said...

A stunning card - AGAIN! Terrific BG, incredible EAGLE soaring through, lovely colors!

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Grace, what a gorgeous card. I love the beautiful sentiment and pretty colours. Thanks for joining us at Bee Crafty challenge. Hugs, Denise x

Melisa Waldorf said...

I love the blue and green together and how you stamped the border on the outside of the card! Very creative!

Unknown said...

This is definitely creative paper pads to use, and I like it with the eagle and this scripture too!!!!please added some more designs......
plastic gift card
discount card printing